TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

TSS is supported by ‐ monitor website changes with changedetection.io
Forums > Tutorials / How To / Where To

Dyeing Denim

darling_decay
Thu, 28/09/2017 - 13:17

What's up fuckers!
I'm looking for advice for my battle vest, and who best to come to then the pros themselves?

I just bought this vest for my first battle vest, and it's great it fits nice and it's flattering for my body and looks pretty good on me.
However, it's blue.
I'm not a fan of it's color and I want it painted black...heh (I don't actually want to paint it, just dye)

1. Does it stay true to color, or does it show up as a dark blue? If so, could I dye it twice?
2. What dye would work the best? I hear Rit is pretty shitty so I want to steer clear of that
3. Anything I can do to preserve the color? I plan on having/wearing it for the rest of my life so I don't want it to fade too fast

Thanks in advance!
Keep your horns up high brothers and sisters! \m/

Corvus Corax's picture

I second Nater on this. Ha ha. I bought some RIT dye to colour one of my vests. I learned that you have to mix one black bottle with half of a brown to make a "true black". Then you have to basically do the equivalent of boiling it and keep stirring. It's a bit of an undertaking. If you're willing to put in the time, it should look great. DO NOT bleach it. I cannot stress that enough. You'll ruin it.

darling_decay's picture

Yeah I read that bleach would harm the materials and fuuuuck that!
I'll definitely have to do some research tonight, thanks guys!

Corvus Corax's picture

Sure thing! Good luck.

Nater90's picture

Stalker ยฌ_ยฌ

Corvus Corax's picture

LOL!

Nater90's picture
Corvus Corax's picture

Bwahahahahah!

Nater90's picture

:D

Rot Hond's picture

i used 3 bottles of bleach in a bucket of warm water, let my vest sit for about 4-5 hours, after that it was almost white
then got myself a bottle "dylon" fabric dye(the washing machine kind)
came out better than expected and the denim isn't weaker than before

just don't put it in pure bleach..

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments