TShirtSlayer

TSS Rules

DoctorDeath
Sun, 01/12/2013 - 15:27

OK, So we've been here for more than 6 years now, and unfortunately the time has come where I have to spell out the rules, so here they are - violating these rules is a sure way to get deleted

---

TSS Rules

• Respect the 'band name' field when adding a tshirt/item, only enter the band name that is directly relevant to your item
  • No 'Posing' photos in the TShirt BattleJacket gallery, please just the TShirt/BattleJacket ONLY
  • No political arguments, It's fine to upload a tshirt/jacket from any band but no one wants to read your arguments for or against - someone will always get upset, just like any good pub/bar "political talk is forbidden", TSS is not a place for you to voice your political opinion, merely a gallery of metal tshirts and jackets.
  • Those who join to trade NSBM type bands will be banned without notice, TShirtSlay is quite liberal about recording information for historical reasons but is against trading lame NSBM style bands for any monetary or personal gain, this generally applies to people who join and trade/sell a lot of tshirts
  • The above rule ESPECIALLY applies to those who are re-printing and selling such items at any scale, this indicates to me that you're trying to make a profit from TSS out of these shitty items rather than being an honest collector, you will be banned.
  • - Do not spam
       - Don't write in capital letters when not necessary, this is really annoying, you are SHOUTING
       - Don’t post links to your items on ebay without uploading each item individually on TSS
  • Do not contribute to or inflame arguments, TSS is a relaxed place to hangout, not somewhere to read about other peoples bullshit arguments, don’t get involved, don’t start it.
  • Posers will be deleted - by this we mean people who just join and post ‘selfies’ on themselves without contributing anything
  • When adding a TShirt/Patch/etc to the gallery, please only post the actual item, not you wearing/posing the item
  • One post per item, try to avoid multiple items in one post, this makes it hard to find in the future (exceptions to this are things like lots of patches to trade in one photo)
  • Use the 'trade ownership' tab if you sell/trade the item to someone else on TSS
  • Dont post irrelevant crap into the ActionShots section, Action Shots is designed for photos of YOUR parties, weird events, and the odd cool shit you find/do, posting photos of irrelevant people, things, memes etc is frowned upon
  • Don't post in the forum about an item that you might or might not sell, post each item individually into the gallery and mark it sale/not-sale, tshirtslayer is about keeping photographic references of tshirts

Trading guidelines

Don't come crying to me if you posted your precious rare item to some guy on the other side of the world you never heard of and suddenly your item has vanished and you didnt see a single cent, use your common sense, an idea is that people with no trade history (You can check this in their profile) should post their item to the person with more reputation first, send items registered mail

---

So there you have it, I'm open to suggestions but if you strongly disagree then now is a good time to delete your account, otherwise, have a great stay and I hope to see you around TSS more.

TSS runs a zero-warning system, there is zero tollerance for idiots here, dont become one!

almostwilt

wow, pretty basic simple rules and people seem to complain and can't comply with those.

DoctorDeath

just updated it slightly

Daniel Sodomaniac

Good simple rules! This is and should be a cool place to hang.
Keep the bitches (both male/female) and bitching on Facefuck.

DoctorDeath

thanks for the understanding!

NISSE666

+1

Blüdrayne

Good to see rules up. Now there's no excuse for anyone.

Blüdrayne

Another thing is that you should also somehow restrict discussion of religion IMO.
Christianity sucks circle jerks are pretty boring IMO.

Also you probably should sticky this somehow.

DoctorDeath

Its all political at that point, doesnt really matter, same shit, any religion, point is - its not a place for arguments

Knightwhosayni

I guess that a user having chosen Sieg_Heil as a user name would be considered voicing one's "political opinion" then, wouldn't it?

andermatten

seriously? I laughed so hard I sprayed spit all over my screen. I need to find this user, have a feeling his posts could be hilarious

no really, I'm sure I'm wrong, but maybe he's being sarcastic? I can't remember how many times the members of monty python said 'sieg heil' in their sketches, or how often they wore nazi uniforms...must love hilter in england...but I can't remember them getting banned for anything except life of brian (where bigus dickus admittedly said 'heil' too)

but anyway, one can't really expect dr death to see every single post or new user, especially during christmas while he's probably eating turkey, or opening presents, or drinking gallons of czech and/or aussie beer...

if Sieg_Heil starts posting things like 'merry xmas mein führer shirt, S-XXL, pink/black, only 10 reichsmark each excl. shipping', I'm pretty sure the only place we'll see him will be saturday night live or facebook

Knightwhosayni

Yeah, seriously.
It didn't seem sarcastic at all to me if I remember correctly some of the items he had uploaded. Nor was it nonsensical humour Python-style. I strongly doubt the guy is a cult professional comedian, let the talent alone.
Of course, I wasn't expecting the Doc to react instantly - I was just asking a question while pointing out some hysterical user name... :)

DoctorDeath

that username no longer exists

Knightwhosayni

Roger that!

Chemical Burn

Re: One post per item- Are updates on jackets/vests still allowed as separate posts, or should we delete or edit the old entries?

DoctorDeath

Yeah I guess battlejackets could be updated in one post, that's entirely up to you, would be nice to keep the old photos tho!

Blüdrayne

So CAN we post new updates on jackets separately as we have been doing?

DoctorDeath

yes

Blüdrayne

Oh yeah. how about a rule saying don't upload images sideways/upside down.
thoughts?

In Solitude

No.

Chemical Burn

Why not?

Blüdrayne

Yeah, seconded.
If I was more of a hardass I would argue for a minimum image resolution too.
so there wont be pics too blurry to even be seen.

In Solitude

I've tried multiple times to upload my photos straight. Wouldn't work.

Chemical Burn

What kind of files are you saving them as? My photos upload sideways unless I save them as .jpg's, for some reason.

Blüdrayne

Am I literally the only one here who's never had such a problem with images uploading sideways???

nameless_rites

Windows 10 can be a bitch on some people's computers regarding this. Dunno what the glitch it, but even if you switch the photo upright it won't save. I wasn't able to upload anything right side up without saving it into a separate document ever since the great unwanted "Auto upgrade" a month or two ago.

In Solitude

.jpg

Ysidro

If you haven't done this already (I registered a long time ago, so I don't remember) I'd suggest to make every new user read and accept the rules by checkbox. Might help.
I also would recommend you to message all users if you update the rules. If I hadn't been involved in the discussion I probably wouldn't have noticed. You can't expect the users to hang around the forum all the time.

DoctorDeath

Yeah I agree! I'll work on that next, probably next time you log in

I want to let this post "mature" a little bit incase theres something obvious I've forgotten

StereoDeth

On a side note;

Have you ever throught about a "Want list" function, where every user can insert names of items they are looking for?
I.e.
"Death Leprosy Patch"
"Gorefest Patch"

Someone, who got a circular Gorefest patch for trade, can search for users who want such patch and send them a PM.
That way sellers can actually search for potentials "customers".
I often experienced that someone wanted XY patch and had something relevant to my interest,
but unfortunately he came to late and I already sold it.

DoctorDeath

yeah, but thats for a different forum thread, totally get where you're coming from tho

Johnny-Eyeball

Thank fuck. No one has any excuses now. If there's one thing more annoying than fucking up the band name field, it's posting unrelated and useless shit in the Action Shots section.

Cannibal Lecter

Simple easy rules, I like it. Now lets get out there and melt some faces!

alla2465

finally an actual rule list. looking great and simple.

StereoDeth

>>Posers will be deleted - by this we mean people who just join and post ‘selfies’ on themselves without contributing anything<<

So by "selfies", you mean all the attention whores, who upload myspace angle shots and write stuff like, "I look so stupid on this pic",
to fish for compliments?

Chemical Burn

If that's all they do, then yeah.

StereoDeth

>>without contributing anything<<

But if they contribute...something. It's awrite.

Chemical Burn

People who post loads of selfies and people who don't contribute tend to be one and the same.

StereoDeth

Pretty sure all the (drooling) male members think different about this. ;)
On the one hand, it IS nice to see something attractive between all the greasy, smelly and hairy male members.
But then again, it kinda sucks to see that the community, which is 90% penis, goes banana like a prisoner,
who gets a hooker after 20 years of solitary confinement, if a girl uploads a simple pic with almost zero creativity/content in it.

Are we really all living far away from society, deep in the woods or on a mountain (but have an internet connection)?
Doubtful.

I could suggest something, but that would be sexist. So I stop right. here.

DoctorDeath

no , sorry, i have no time for self centered bullshit on here

mealkeith

Greasy smelly?! I'll have you know I Bathe everyday! and clean the house

AbysmalWind

What's the point in joining the page to not add a single item and to fill in the "description" gaps with crap?

Sorry, don't really wanna judge anyone, but this kind of "truism" makes those people look like evil kiddies.

-What's your reason for joining tshirtslayer?

Because I wanted

-What's your favourite album?

I'm not gonna tell ya, I'm too evil for that

-Do u attend metal fests/shows?

No

????¿¿¿¿¿¿¿

and almost always followed by an empty item box. Cmon, what's the point in this? To me, the "checkbox" step suggested by Ysidro could help with this as well:

-Post at least one item so we all could see you aren't a bot or a "join and forget" user. This could as well help in reducing the slowing down in the website (I haven't noticed so though, but may become a problem in a future).

StereoDeth

Yea, I think the amount of new members sure went up.
Guess it has something to do that TS now appears in Google results, especially on Google Images.
The more fame, the more members and unfortunately many of them with short interest and of course more bots.

Other forums use captcha and randomized questions in the register form.
Although members can now delete their account by theirselves, it's like Doc said; most of them don't care enough.
So inactive accounts simply stay here and rot like plastic, if you know what I mean.

DoctorDeath

yeah, thats the problem, weeding out 'short interest', girls that just post selfies typically, if they join but dont say much doesnt really matter so much, but yeah, TSS is not FaceCrack, its not all about YOU its about the metal community and fuckin cool tshirts/battlejackets

ajnin

GOod idea, bring back the you must post something in the first week or you get the kick ban. Thats what happened to me the first time I joined years ago.... but I had no camera then

DoctorDeath

i've got it emailling a reminder after a month, which seems to help!

Greaserjlg

+1

DevilzForce

good steps doc ! keep em coming :)

atrophythrasher

Simple rules ;-)

DoctorDeath

after a hot tip from SlayerSlayer, I fixed it so the auto-complete only suggests bands that already exist, this should stop a few of the silly band names being added in the future

SatanMyMaster

I really appreciate these rules. It's annoying when you try and talk music on MOST other metal sites, and all people want to do is run their mouths and talk shit. WE'RE ALL HERE FOR THE SAME THING

DoctorDeath

only metal!

BlackMetalPete

So the guy that posted the douche bag comment on my Bolt Thrower beanie is okay with you but I'm not supposed to respond to that or I get kicked off the site? I don't want to start any crap but by the same token I don't like being insulted by some immature d bag who doesn't know what he's talking about. By the way I love this site and who ever put it together has done a great job.

Daniel Sodomaniac

Do you refer to the guy calling you a "jerk" for outbidding him?
I don`t think he is to serious about it or am i missing something here?
Cheers!

BlackMetalPete

Thank you for your perspective. I hope your right. Maybe I'm just to old and sensitive. Nice Motorhead shirt collection by the way. I have a friend that would totally be jealous.

Daniel Sodomaniac

Yeap i don`t think he meant to be rude but i personally try to watch my choice of words.
Thanks man Motörhead is such an amazing band love èm.

DoctorDeath

dude... do you think i read EVERY comment posted on this site? i have no idea what you're talking about, if you have an issue just PM me, dont whinge here, otherwise, i'm happy to help

but really.. i have no idea what you're on about

Chemical Burn

Maybe a "report post" button might be a good idea?

meaningless

..so u rly want tell me now...u dont read all my posts/comments? ... :( schnief..that hurts...a bit..... ;) hahahahaha

DoctorDeath

just report the user+post URL to me and i'll check it out

KeepItMetal

Awesome! Keeping the community good!

DoctorDeath

I just added the following

"Those who join to trade NSBM type bands will be banned without notice, TShirtSlay is quite liberal about recording information for historical reasons but is against trading lame NSBM style bands for any monetary or personal gain, this generally applies to people who join and trade/sell a lot of tshirts"

Seen a couple of german guys recently join, upload whole load of NSBM/nazi bullshit band tshirts and try to make a quick dollar from tshirtslayer, tshirtslayer will not be a part of this

gizter

nice one.

ercoke pasa de todo

What is NSBM?

DoctorDeath
Greaserjlg

Could you maybe make a rule about not creating a new thread just because you're searching for something. It seems like every time someone is looking for something they make a damn thread. Apparently that's why we have the "wanted" option.

judascrust

every time I see this thread I always think its going to be someone gushing over how much TSS rules hahaha not a thread about "the" rules of tss haha

DoctorDeath

hahaahah yeah :) me too ;P

JedCannon

Simple, easy rules. Hopefully I can become an asset to TSS

DoctorDeath

upload your items :)

Motley_Sam

New member here, never knew an awesome website like this even existed! So awesome to be able to sign up guys!! :)

meaningless

welcome dude..and enjoy ur stay :) ccchhheeerrrssss

ajnin

hello and welcome!!

is that you with the Hulk ??

RIP Macho man randy savage!

Motley_Sam

Yes that's me in my Macho Man costume. Went to Wrestlemania a few months ago & met the Hulkster. He was super nice & loved the costume.

Kerry Draconis

Pretty basic and simple, thumbs up.

slayerslayer

yes!

Der Todesking

Yup, noted. Is ok. Thanx doc!

Into Glory Ride

Good to see the rules pointed out clearly and openly, i actually did not know all of them.
Very plain and simple, hats off.

DoctorDeath

I just added 'The above rule ESPECIALLY applies to those who are re-printing and selling such items at any scale, this indicates to me that you're trying to make a profit from TSS out of these shitty items rather than being an honest collector, you will be banned." after someone accused me of censorship.

nuclearthrasher666

I was going to post a response to this member but the post was removed ... Anyway the accusations of censorship in tshirtslayer are beyond ridiculous.

DoctorDeath

i then received some very personal and threatening abuse from that user via our facebook page, goes show how much that guy can hold a valid argument!

nuclearthrasher666

It is really comical that this kind of people declair that they support exteme ideologies and act tough , but the moment they are rejected by an open community like tshirtslayer , they are crying like babies and accusing everybody of "censorship" , "lack of freedom" etc, and then proceed to threat everyone who disagrees with them. Hypocrisy and stupidity at its finest ! Anyway none will miss a NSBM dealer here !

andermatten

the problem with these kind of cunts is that they always claim freedom of speech and then say heil and kill all jews! then they are really puzzled why people say "look mate, I'm sorry, but..".

I used to work with one of these guys once. a sicilian. bald shaven. berlusconi, honour and pride and all that (tatooed). I explained to him that southern and eastern sicily was colonised mostly by the ancient inhabitants of (what we today call) greece in the bronze to iron ages. In the north to northwest however, where he was from, sicily was populated by a people called the phoenicians, who were from the levante, around modern day lebanon, perhaps slightly further south....."do you mean to say that I'm a jew?!"

DoctorDeath

yup... exactly right, and you can read all this for free on wikipedia.. costs nothing to have half an idea..

andermatten
Vectrex

The rules are what i expected. A lot of nsbm is gonna be deleted soon.

DoctorDeath

you clearly didnt read the rules

Vectrex

i meant people. I've seen a lot of political talk in comment sections

DoctorDeath

you still didnt read clear enough.. its a rule.. but it doesnt mean you're going to be deleted

how do you go from "a lot of NSBM is going to be deleted" to "political talk in comment sections" ???

Vectrex

So you only get a warning message that you should stop doing shit if you break the rules?

DoctorDeath

yes unless you're really being a dick, problem is there is never a perfect clear cut line...

Blüdrayne

So items from NSBM bands are still allowed, so long as they're not marked as for trade or sale?

DoctorDeath

no.... please re-read the rules....

DoctorDeath

i mean to say... that's not the case.. please read the rules closely

Blüdrayne

"Those who join to trade NSBM type bands will be banned without notice"

Well does this mean that existing members, who have joined for other reasons, are grandfathered in and will be allowed to upload NSBM items?
Where is the line for NSBM, too. Is Graveland allowed? Peste Noire? Svolder?

I understand it's your site, but it isn't exactly being very clear either.

DoctorDeath

yeah you're right, so its OK to trade if they are your own personal items, but not OK to trade if you're here just to make money out of printing those items, tshirtslayer will not be complicit in other people making $$$s out of misery, but if you are a private collector who genuinely trades and collects those items then its ok

DoctorDeath

i have to add that even those items are at some discretion because as much as the antifa would like you to think there is no real black and white line between what is and what is not NSBM, as i've been quote many times as saying, even the same band can be viewed by two different people having two wildly different perspectives of the situation, impossible. i do not want to go down the path of banning certain band names, impossible

Blüdrayne

Thank you. I do have items from all the bands I mentioned that are not uploaded here.

DoctorDeath

What are you talking about ? There is no list that should not be uploaded

Blüdrayne

Oh no, I haven't uploaded them because I haven't had the time. Not because I thought it was against the rules.

formezzano

You should add a rule regulating non-metal merch...i mean bands like discharge/misfits/acdc etc. are not 100% metal but they do have a great influece and sound metal in some aspects;i am talking about grunge,or pink floyd/beatles merch.I respect these band but in my opinion they aren't fit for the site...i'd love to hear your opinions and/or idea

Cheers

Snaggletooth

You gotta be an older guy like me that grew up listening to bands like The Beatles and all that other stuff to actually know what effect it had on you growing up,yeah I admit I posted some old stuff but I looked in the band section before I posted it to see if anybody else had posted the band and I seen others that have, so I just added to it.I been part of this site for eight years now and I finally got the time to post all these things I gathered up through the years and I wanna share them with people that are interested in this stuff,as I know a lot of younger guys that love this old shit I have.

Dr. Fill

Who is it that's going to be the judge of what is or isn't metal? Someone will always be pissed off because "they deleted something that belongs here" or "they didn't delete something and it doesn't belong here." Take it for what it is when people post things you don't think are "metal enough:" it's fun to see what influenced the genre and something other than unreadable logos once in awhile

Blüdrayne

There has to be some line drawn, and bands such as the Beatles and Pink Floyd are quite firmly not metal.

Nevs

While I agree that Pink Floyd is not metal, I think it is up to Doc to let people know if items are not meeting the standards he wants for his site. I know Doc posted his sweet Pink Floyd back patch a while ago...

DoctorDeath

as long as its only a very very small % of your uploads i'm not really going to bother, i waste enough time looking after this website, cleaning up entries etc, and then just to top it off, at the end of every month, i am paying for the server

but wait it gets better, we still havent reached our goal to even get reliable backups, all of this website could be gone

Nevs

I hope you are able to get enough supporters to reach your goal. I know I only support with a small amount every month, but as a university student I do what I can. I definately enjoy the website and hope you are able to keep it going. It provides great study breaks for me. Thank you for what you do.

Blüdrayne

I'm quite sure that as many people have been influenced by Madonna, Lady Gaga etc. But that doesn't mean they belong here. As the comment box says, keep it about METAL.

Nater90

There is a line of what shouldn't be uploaded, Metal is so diverse though and if you look up some of the bands influences you'd probably find they were influenced by genres outside of Metal!

kimo

I personally don't mind seeing the occasional non metal item uploaded as it gives a bit on a broader insight into members, but it would be a different story if someone uploaded 100 non metal items in a row, filling up the board.
I think common sense and user discretion is what it really comes down to.
As a long time metal and punk fan, the majority of my shirts are punk related, and although i have uploaded a few, here and there, i hold of on the majority because i realise this is a metal based site.

As i said ......a bit of common sense and discretion goes a long way.

DoctorDeath

yeah i fully agree

DoctorDeath

new rule added "Don't post in the forum about an item that you might or might not sell, post each item individually into the gallery and mark it sale/not-sale, tshirtslayer is about keeping photographic references of tshirts"

just because i had to spell it out

Metal_boy_

Thanks for making this website a better place for metalheads. I am sure enjoying it.

DoctorDeath

\m/

Metal_boy_

\m/

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous guesses

Recent Comments

Poll

Do you listen to bands that are older than you?
There are 177,234 entries in the gallery and 622,382 comments, and 201 items have changed hands in the last month!!

TShirtSlayer is the worlds largest community of people interested in heavy metal tshirts and battlejackets, upload some of your tshirts or jackets!