TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Witching Hour Productions are a ripoff..

fagylalt
Mon, 29/08/2016 - 16:18

Hey guys, wanted to share my experience with you!

I've ordered two Batushka t-shirts from them, and since they dont take paypal, i had to send them money manually, through my bank account. Tought it was easier to send it with TransferWise, and sent them the money.

It has been 5 working days since that, and they havent replied to my 3 emails.

Do anyone have any experience with them? Are they scammers?

fagylalt's picture

http://store.witchinghour.pl/koszyk.html but they look really legit

PForx's picture

Exactly.

Vectrex's picture

I've gain so much money back already through paypal protection....especially labels and sellers from south america and middle america don't answer or send the shit you buy...it's really sad to be honest. Only had once a problem from asia with chinapatch, but here also the paypal protection worked.

DoctorAMDC's picture

What? Thats sad to hear , i never had problems with Icarus records (Argentina) or any South american sellers. And also since most metalheads i know are from those parts.

Panthorder's picture

I have ordereder from there one Vader shirt and nothing bad to say about that site.

Demolition_hell_hammer's picture

I ordered 2 times there and one time they didn't send me the booklet of a vinyl

Stathis's picture

5 working days is not that much to jump into conclusions that they are rip-off tbh. They might be on vacation or something

Ulven's picture

Have to comp. with Stathis. 5 days is not that much.
And I have ordered from them back in the days and no complaints.

Joel's picture

I bought a vinyl copy of Helheim's Jormundgand from them without any problems.

MasterDeath's picture

Strange, I bought a Vader shirt last year from them. And I paid over PayPal. Smooth transaction, I waited about 2 weeks for it + I received some nice gifts too

fagylalt's picture

i tought, by today's standards that 5 days in business are basically a millenia, if its about the customer..

humus's picture

First of all, Witching hour is known to be a borderline rip-off. Sometimes fast, often very slow, on rare occasions people never get their package.

However:
-Since when is a bank transfer an unreliable way of payment? The entire underground worked with money concealed in enveloppes for 20 years, and there were no more rip-offs active than there are today. Bank transfers are free of charge, calculate the amount of paypal charges you have paid over a year and compare with the money you would have lost using bank transfers. Not that economical anymore, right?
I'm all for paypal for overseas payments, because there are no decent and cost-efficient alternatives available. But within Europe I always avoid using paypal. And if I don't trust the seller, I simply don't buy from him.
-Sometimes I wonder why I don't start my own label or distro. And than I get confronted with one of the main reasons: customers who think it is their right to send 3 mails in 5 days and expect their package to show up the next day. Despite all, underground labels are NOT amazon.

fagylalt's picture

i didnt want my package to arrive in 24 hrs after the transaction is complete, but an email about " yeah you fuck we got the money " would have been helpful, i was only asking them that, if they get the money.

meaningless's picture

i have a lot of their stuff at home..but never bought directly from them...so no idea, sorry

antena's picture

They're doing a sale right ? They must just be very busy right now

holy poison's picture

They're always doing a sale. Go through the various Facebook groups and experience some dozens very pissed off customers (including me and my boyfriend). We ordered for a little more than 300 €. First, the order wasn't handled. We tried to contact him via email - no way. Blabla, the outcome was (6 weeks later) 4 vinyls that looked like 3rd hand, 3 vinyls were missing and one vinyl in the package was never ordered. We tried to contact him again and ask for reimbursement but he never replied. Please don't buy there.

fagylalt's picture

no way, that is so fucked up, my order was only 23 eur, but still, im kinda pissed off...

holy poison's picture

yeah, I can imagine. On the other hand there are a lot of satisfied customers whose orders were processed immediately. I really don't get his system...

fagylalt's picture

did you pay via bank transfer or with paypal?

holy poison's picture

back then he offered paypal but since so many customers claimed their money back he only accepts bank transfer. I can't remember that well anymore, but I think paypal told us that we cannot claim our money as the package took too long (6 weeks) and that the deadline is over (something like that).

LifeOfDeath's picture

I thought it was well known already, that Witching hour is EXTREMELY slow, or doesn't send the orders at all. Have you seen their facebook page? It was full of people complaining about not getting their stuff the last time I checked. The least you could do is to constantly remind them to send your stuff.

NOTE: I haven't dealt with them personally and I doubt I ever will after seeing the feedback people give them.

Claudandus's picture

I ordered Batushka's album and two shirts from them. After about a month's waiting I started to get worried and mailed them. After some mail exchange with their "staff" I finally got my stuff after two months waiting. Their e-mails basically amounted to some borderline annoyed replies in the style of "Yeah yeah, We'll send your shit, whatever man" and upon receiving my order, one of the shirts didn't look one bit like the one on their site, and the album was bent as hell, playable, but it looked like second hand.

I wouldn't go as far as calling them outright scammers. But they are lazy as hell and don't give a shit about their customers. They struck me as extremely arrogant and devoid of any intent of satisfying their paying customers. They will have no more buisness from me, that's for sure.

Alter dicker Mann's picture

Today i got my money back from paypal.....witching hour never answered my question and ignore paypal.....witching hour? NEVER AGAIN!

fagylalt's picture

they just answered my messages on facebook, i tought it was a miracle..

19Philthy16's picture

God damnit! I fucking ordered exactly 1 day before this thread was opened...-.-* Well, fuck it.

MasterDeath's picture

I ordered only once like I stated above. I received a shirt + gifts. I also talked with them. I sent 2 messages and every single one was answered within an hour. I'm just lucky I guess.

RopetAvSjelen's picture

Well, you can wait a little for your package...

19Philthy16's picture

After 1 1/2 months without answering any of my emails, my batushka record arrived, I didn't believe my eyes! It has been well packed, seems to be new without any damage, thank god! But definitely the first, and the last time I ordered there! It isn't for the long waiting, I guess, if it's a small label within the festival season to be kind of stressful. But a short response to one of like five emails or even some information that it might take longer is the least one can do!

SmirG3l's picture

Well..I've waited now 90 working days to get two CDs from another label I made topic about it.. nice to hear you got them tho! I was thinking to order from them new Vader record but I think I'll use Nuclear Blast Germany !!!!

19Philthy16's picture

Well, sadly to say it is the safer way! Definitely the last transaction without paypal, that's for sure!

576,108 items in the gallery, 883,261 comments, and 611 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments