TShirtSlayer

Bootleg Button.

Special-Tee-666
Fri, 05/01/2018 - 12:03

TSS needs something that can mark a shirt as a bootleg. Most of the time its 100% obvious to collectors, but there is no point having a site that has myriads of bootlegs and no way of showing to new users what to look out for. Can you think of having something that we can either mark as or / vote on what is a bootleg?

DoctorDeath's picture

haha funny you should mention this, i'm actually working on this functionality, so you can vote an item as Bootleg or Original! coming soon!

Special-Tee-666's picture

Legend. Full Stop.

doomtilldeath's picture

Good idea. The function could also have "official reprint" option because theyre not bootlegs, but theyre not old originals either. And sometimes the difference is really small.

TheSabbathsCreed's picture

Great idea!!!

ajnin's picture

sick idea!!!

i was so upset when i found out my fucking dismember patch was a bootleg :(

I think everyone has to be burnt at least once :-)

MrMunster's picture

Great idea DOC, but that will give discussions! I can already hear the screaming!

DoctorDeath's picture

Ha ha ha me too

Blüdrayne's picture

It would often be hard to determine whether an item is a bootleg, especially demo cassettes. And I'm gonna say very few people have the knowledge to.

Nater90's picture

Very true, I'm still after an original of Morbid - December Moon and I've got so many pictures from different angles of an original so I know what to look for, But for others I'd have no idea.

Items like Cassettes / CD's / LP's can be easily traced by Discogs. Tape trading and photocopiers was not kind to demo tapes...enter at your own risk.

Bert's picture

Great idea indeed, sometimes it is hard to say if an item is legit or boot so maybe an unknown option could be necessary

Yep, or maybe something like percentage vote..eg. 78% of voters agree or disagree etc.

VoodooChild's picture

When I clicked on this I thought it was about bootleg pins and badges.
But it's a good idea indeed.

DoctorDeath's picture

but also... lots of people clicking BOOTLEG or NOT... the people clicking are just us dirty unwashed internet people... with no real professional knowledge of the facts :)

Corvus Corax's picture

Outlanders.... :))

Bitch Butcher's picture

Good option! I´ve been almost fooled by my own eyes for some stuff on here!

DoctorDeath's picture

yeha but it's just people voting on _THEIR OPINION_ If it's a bootleg or not.. anyone can press the button...

Bitch Butcher's picture

That would still help a lot.

DoctorDeath's picture

I've now implemented the idea.. looks good! I took some unpaid time away from my day job todo this.

Extra bonus - since we record the ID of who clicked bootleg/original, in the future we can have a list of who voted original, or even if someone "with special inside information" voted this as original etc...

Nater90's picture

Doc, As always appreciate the time and effort you put in!

Just tried it out, it's really cool!

Looks good, and awesome new feature. Thanks for your efforts Doc!

My one afterthought is should we maybe change the word 'original' to 'official'?...personally I have always considered 'original' to be the first press/print of something...where as 'official' is more any band / licensed merch from the lifetime of said band.

DoctorDeath's picture

yes good point! I'll change that now!

DoctorDeath's picture

ok hows that? also, i think the buttons should not display for battlejackets, what do you think?

Thumbs up from me. Ye jackets would be over the top haha

Nater90's picture

Would be over the top, But funny if someone voted a boot on a Chinese knock off Levi's :')

DoctorDeath's picture

So what's next?

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous guesses

Recent Comments

• they are fucking amazing live. I never really was into grind a whole lot.
  • RIP!
  • Thanks man !!! \m/
  • Haha, you havs a point! Extreme metal in general!
  • Ha ha! Indeed.
  • Gib die Weste ja nicht weg, die ist hammergeil! Braucht man für diese Art Nieten ein spezielles Werkzeug?
  • Wow! Love it, very nice! Would love to own this.
  • Yea nice pin It is from No Prayer On the Road DVD cover 1990.
  • Fuck....saw these guys at our local footy club a few years ago. They were fuckin fantastic!!!
  • Isn't that most death/black metal??
  • Fantastic. \m/
  • cheers mate
  • I missed out on this shirt not too long ago. Very nice artwork! Just a pity there's nothing on the back.
  • Fantastic collection! Very nice!
  • Awesome!! I am loving Stalker, recently got into them and just can't get enough. Right on, great tshirt!
  • Fantastic! \m/

Top Collectors

Poll

Slayer ?
There are 222,876 entries in the gallery and 687,907 comments, and 159 items have changed hands in the last month!!

TShirtSlayer is the worlds largest community of people interested in heavy metal tshirts and battlejackets, upload some of your tshirts or jackets!