TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Obituary - Cause of Death - signed by James Murphy / Medical Fund 2011 SUPPORT THE CAUSE

Darkvalerious
Thu, 24/09/2020 - 08:04

Obituary - Cause of Death James Murphy Medical Fund 2011 SUPPORT THE CAUSE
Last year I had the chance to share a pair of drinks with this gentleman in Orlando, we had a great conversations and he sold me this Shirt, it is nice to see him in good health and smiling.

In August of that year, Murphy was diagnosed with a massive tumor growth on the pituitary gland near the base of his brain. On Sept. 17, 2001, Murphy underwent complex surgery to remove 70 percent of the tumor. The remaining 30 percent was too close to vital areas of the brain and was inoperable, so doctors treated it with medication to shrink it. When he recovered from the treatment Murphy was in good health for nine years until a recent blood and MRI indicated that the tumor had returned and needed to be treated.

Murhphy has played with numerous thrash and death metal bands over the past 30 years. He started out with the L.A. speed metel band Agent Steel in 1987 and in 1989 he replaced Rick Rozz in Death and appeared on the band's 1990 album 'Spiritual Healing.' He also performed with Obituary during that time and played lead on their 1990 disc 'Cause of Death.' Murphy formed his own band Disincarnate in 1992, and the next year the band released the tech-death metal album 'Dreams of the Carrion Kind. He also played in Testament between 1993 and 2000 and appears on the band's 1994 album 'Low' and 1990's 'The Gathering.'

As the owner of recording studio, Safe House Production, Murphy has recorded two solo albums and worked on records by Single Bullet Theory, HavocHate, Sigh, Ex-Deo and others.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhISmkXifWk

Read More: Ex-Death Guitarist James Murphy Suffers Brain Tumor Relapse | https://loudwire.com/ex-death-guitarist-james-murphy-suffers-brain-tumor...

Not for sale or trade
2011
5
Bands: 
Obituary - Cause of Death - signed by James Murphy / Medical Fund 2011 SUPPORT THE CAUSE
Obituary - Cause of Death - signed by James Murphy / Medical Fund 2011 SUPPORT THE CAUSE
Obituary - Cause of Death - signed by James Murphy / Medical Fund 2011 SUPPORT THE CAUSE
Obituary - Cause of Death - signed by James Murphy / Medical Fund 2011 SUPPORT THE CAUSE
Obituary - Cause of Death - signed by James Murphy / Medical Fund 2011 SUPPORT THE CAUSE
Obituary - Cause of Death - signed by James Murphy / Medical Fund 2011 SUPPORT THE CAUSE
Obituary - Cause of Death - signed by James Murphy / Medical Fund 2011 SUPPORT THE CAUSE
Obituary - Cause of Death - signed by James Murphy / Medical Fund 2011 SUPPORT THE CAUSE


Listen to some great metal radio!

Metal Nation metal radioSoma FM metal radio
325,230 items in the gallery, 781,259 comments, and 252 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments

Why not Join us for free or Login