TShirtSlayer

Any poser/metal eliteist stories?

calebheney223
Sat, 05/08/2017 - 09:36

I had one just the other day, some guy came up and look at my vest, and i notices he was paying very close attention to my BM patches, especially my dark throne and mayhem one, and said "black metal shouldnt be a thing, id rather listen to motley crue for the rest of my life than listen to black metal for 30 seconds" i replied a stern your opinion, not mine, you can fuck off now, hen walkeds away, and forgwt what i said about guy, it was more of a 20 year old kid wearing a slipknot shirt he cusom made from gildan, it didnt even look real and had the tag stickings way out the back like those shirts do,

Corvus Corax

Sounds like the kid was just being an ass.

Not really a poser/elitist story but, I did have someone see my back patch at the Tengger show I went to while I was at the urinal tell me he saw Leviathan live, twice. I just said "That's cool." I didn't call him on it but, they've never played live.

Der Todesking

Lmao

Corvus Corax

Yeah, I laughed about it later. Ha ha.

Der Todesking

Why are ppl doing that, I will never know lol...

Skeaton

What are you talking about? I just saw a Leviathan show last month... with special guests Burzum and Drudkh.

Corvus Corax

Did Paysage open for them? Haha!

Skeaton

Yep, one hell of a show! Lol

Piss

Are we still talking about this poser/elitist shit in 2017? With the amount of chatter about elitism that goes on in this forum, sounds like some of you guys get bullied pretty hard.

ajnin

yea.. your right. maybe its cause I just dont give a fuck what other cunts do but I have never had a problem with this. Also I dont give a fuck if someone is a poser. Who the fuck am I to call them out.

calebheney223

well, I was just shocked as it being my first in person encounter with an elitist, was pretty shocked to see people being an ass off of the keyboard haha

Corvus Corax

Yeah, the Internet is full of folks like that. Unfortunately.

I have found though that most folks on TSS are commonly pretty nice, even if/when giving criticism.

Nater90

I was at Jbhifi with my brother today, Decided to check what their "Metal" section had, These two teenage boys at a guess 13/14 one of them had a copy of Slayer - South of Heaven in his hand and looked at me, Do you like Slayer? I just looked with a what the fuck sorta look and pointed at my Slayer - Postmortem I am wearing currently and said yeah it's a good album, He said cool and walked away...I hope he enjoys it but at the same time think he might've been buying it to look "cool"...Dunno.

slayerslayer

quick reply - nater , dude , take em under your wing , dont be a skeptical c(U)nt , if they bite back in years to come , so what! fuckit. otherwise help em up (same as in the pit).
elitism is just another sub genre in the world of metal . some fall into it , some move out of it.
revolving door of taste versus time.

Nater90

For sure man, By no means do I want to come across as a elitist / arrogant to the younger generation or anyone in general, Happy enough to talk music with anyone and even give them recommendations of similar stuff that they are into. I thought it was weird asking if I liked Slayer when I had a Slayer shirt on is all, If I'm in the pit and someone goes down, I help em back up, A mate and I been in a pit and had 20 odd people go down and land on us, Everyone helped everyone!

Blüdrayne

I think he was just awkward and wanted your opinion about the album, as someone who obviously liked Slayer. Why would some rando kid want to impress you.

Nater90

Yeah I understand that, By no means did I think he want to impress me he already had it in his hand when I was walking up to the section, But he was probably just nervous or something in case his parents are religious or something.

TheSabbathsCreed

I get ya mate.

ajnin

slayer: could not have said it better myself.

if I was in JB and some kid picked up a slayer album i would give him the horns and a "FUCKINNNNN SLAYYYYYYERRRR" and hope he gets the Cd plays it and enjoys it!!

Nater90

Haha true Ajnin I'd say "Play some fuckin Slayerrrrrr" like that guy at the Carcass / King Parrot 2014 gig haha.

I would have liked to go in depth but he walked away is all.

Blackslashband

talking of slayer, someone called me a Nazi at a festival in the Netherlands for wearing a Slayer backpatch... I couldn't believe it :D

Nater90

Hahaha, Bloody idiots! ;)

punkmetalhead

My Ex Girlfriend! That's the story.
She told me that she was into Metallica, iron maiden and Megadeth, but she was into bring me the horizon and asking Alexandria... All the shit bands I hate. Then she told me that her least favorite music was metal via text message. That don't make any fucking sense! A year after we broke up, I hear from one person that she was wearing an iron maiden hoodie that she obviously got from hot topic. All I can say about my ex girlfriend is.... Poser much???

Piss

Could you try and be just a little more petty..

DisgustingSemla

What difference does it make where she bought her hoodie from? :D

Nater90

Exactly, As long as you support the music best you can, Who cares.

Granted if the products second hand the band doesn't get the sale, But that's the world we live in now.

punkmetalhead

You either like it or don't like it... She told me that but I never really hear her listen to maiden or even Metallica. I never knew what to believe with her because she told me one thing then another person tells me this

Nater90

I listen to more sub genres than you can poke a stick at, I listen to some core bands because quite frankly some have talent, I don't care if someone doesn't like them because its my choice.

The internet has made the newer generation close minded and arrogant.

VoodooChild

so it's forbidden for someone to listen to metalcore and Thrash, and they are especially wrong when they buy it at a store you don't approve of? Funny how you claim not being an elitist but ending that sentence in your bio everyone should open up blabla, but end it in a list of genre's that one shouldn't open up to.. tell me again that deciding someone can't listen to rap isn't elitist :D ?

bad_american1992

LMFAO

Stronthor

I stopped caring about posers and elitists a long time ago. Everybody has a right to have a shit taste in music and/or be a closed-minded fuck. Posers will weed themselves out anyway, and I much prefer to have fun doing what I do than defending myself from random strangers trying to paint themselves as superior to hide their insecurities.

DethronedEmperor23

^^^^^ this.

calebheney223

yeah, was just surprised to see someone being an asshole off of the keyboard, my first encounter with one in person, its just hard to think some people can be such big assholes face to face

calebheney223

and I get not to make a big deal out of it, buts its one of those wowwee moments yknow, youre a smart guy, I like you

Stronthor

No worries brother, we all need to vent every now and then, right? Also, it's pretty funny the guy shat on black metal like that, since no other style within metal breeds elitist cunts like black metal does... It's almost refreshing in a way :)

ajnin

your right!!

bad_american1992

I remember a freshman in highschool wanted to be like the big dogs.... so he bought a Death "Human" shirt at the mall. My bandmates at the time asked him "Whats your favorite song on that album?" His response: "Uuh... Suicidal Tendencies?"
We had a good laugh.

Morbid_Welshman

I recall a guy pointing at my Darkthrone patch, and then went into great detail about a show he'd attended in France, in which they'd apparently played Panzerfaust (My favourite Darkthrone album) in full. Despite many questions about it (Knowing full well it hadn't happened, of course) he barraged me with a bombardment of bollocks, which still makes me laugh now :L

calebheney223

that's when you gotta ask questions like did fenriz play guitar and drums at the same time? lol

Corvus Corax

Ha ha. I'd pay some money to see him play both. That would be epic.

Nater90

Don't forget Fenriz busted out the synthesizer on Snø og granskog (Utferd)! He'd need more arms haha.

parregeaboppe

I once was approached by some guy in a bar and he commented on my Nargaroth logo patch, saying that Ash was a stupid commie and he was trying to stop Nargaroth from playing in the city in the next month haha, I say'd goodluck dude, eventualy I went to the Nargaroth show ofcourse.

Vombatus

Also had a couple of those stories were a random guy in his early 20's "saw" Darkthrone, Burzum, Bathory, etc.... They always make me laugh.

At one point one of these idiots also starts scrutinizing my patch vest, and stops on a The Meads Of Asphodel patch. Tells me the band is terrible and I shouldn't wear that since it's "nazi stuff".
I ask him how are the Meads nazi. Proceeds to spout incoherent blabber regarding Sonderkommando, which he clearly didn't even listen to.
I then start explaining the lyric content, refering to Metraton's Codex on the subject, and mention how a nazi band would hardly have an "indian" drummer or cover bands such as Discharge or Hellbastard.
He turns around and leave.

I always wonder what these subjects are thinking, as if they had to prove something to strangers.

OmeletteDuFromage

but metal is obviously for nazis tho

VoodooChild

I don't really like branding people with the labels 'posers' or 'elitists', whatever music people around me listen I label em simply as dicks or friendly people.

a story most close to what you said to me would be the fact I play in both a black metal and a grindcore band, and I have this friend who makes electro pop. His guitarist one time told him: you hang out with that black metal and grindcore guitarist, I will make any kind of music except those two, I don't want to be associated with it since it is for posers and I want you to stop having contact with him.
He told my friend.
He has a new guitarplayer now since the dude also never showed up to rehearsals.

Corvus Corax

+1 mate!

pan_in_ithyphallic_mirth

You know its those hipsters and record store day music buffs that happen to be the worst when it comes to elitism. I once told one person at a store about how when I thought of 60's psych music that I prefered the first Rotary Connection album over more beloved psych artists like the 13th Floor Elevators. And he straight up told me: "Yeah you REALLY should be praising the 13th floor elevators instead."

pan_in_ithyphallic_mirth

I once had a person at my workplace tell me how he had also listen to lost of Elffor as well. Said he had heard all of their albums. But when I asked him which one was his fav, he said "cant remember, was one of the first, the old stuff was WAAAY better". Then I asked him if he remembered what was on the cover, and when he couldnt give me an answer he got extremely angry and it was clear he didnt know the band at all. That guy was a very angry person as I recall. I saw him punch a wall at work multiple occasions and he used to say kind of threatening things about orther coworkers who got him upset.

I personally do not care much at all about people who most consider posers... In the way I am one cause im not a metalhead by lifestyle but a goth who just happens to love metal music.

But the one thing I dont like is people telling straight up lies in order to look cool. Like the guy saying he saw some band live when theyve never played a gig. Ive seen a lot of that at shows of people saying a bunch of crap that obviously seems fake just to look cool or show off.

Im actually kind of surprised at how many people live seen at metal shows and gigs and record stores who just straight up tell lies about stuff.

our birthday We made it !!! 10th Birthday is here!!
CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE BIRTHDAY VIDEO!

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous guesses

Recent Comments

• Both BG and Hammerfall chapter gone! Maiden triangle yellow border sold out
  • I almost missed them too never seen a show sell out so fast at my local venue
  • cuz currently I have no camera or mobile phone,but as long as I own em doesnt make difference to Me :)
  • Fantastic!
  • No worries about that, it's from this era. Happy collecting and stay negative.
  • Still have the Sleep logo patch?
  • Oops! I went auto pilot on this one. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • love the DIY work. coming on nicely. you paint on to it?
  • I'm glad to know that this is not a fake, So it is original
  • Love this design. Thinking about getting one myself.
  • This is a pretty cool single. But why don't you upload your own pictures instead of taking them from google?
  • hey dude, one more question.. have you ordered from cult patches on ebay?
  • European versions from WCD shirt's came on Delta Shirts, that is not a fake!!!!
  • Great vest!
  • Thanks Bert!
  • Hey mate, how much for the t-shirt? Thankyou :)

Poll

Do you listen to bands that are older than you?
There are 194,151 entries in the gallery and 653,385 comments, and 140 items have changed hands in the last month!!

TShirtSlayer is the worlds largest community of people interested in heavy metal tshirts and battlejackets, upload some of your tshirts or jackets!