TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Any poser/metal eliteist stories?

calebheney223
Sat, 05/08/2017 - 09:36

I had one just the other day, some guy came up and look at my vest, and i notices he was paying very close attention to my BM patches, especially my dark throne and mayhem one, and said "black metal shouldnt be a thing, id rather listen to motley crue for the rest of my life than listen to black metal for 30 seconds" i replied a stern your opinion, not mine, you can fuck off now, hen walkeds away, and forgwt what i said about guy, it was more of a 20 year old kid wearing a slipknot shirt he cusom made from gildan, it didnt even look real and had the tag stickings way out the back like those shirts do,

Corvus Corax's picture

Sounds like the kid was just being an ass.

Not really a poser/elitist story but, I did have someone see my back patch at the Tengger show I went to, and while I was at the urinal they told me he saw Leviathan live, twice. I just said "That's cool." I didn't call him on it but, they've never played live.

Der Todesking's picture

Lmao

Corvus Corax's picture

Yeah, I laughed about it later. Ha ha.

Der Todesking's picture

Why are ppl doing that, I will never know lol...

tomcat ha's picture

maybe he thought it was a backpatch of a different leviathan

Corvus Corax's picture

I thought that initially but, he rattled-off a bunch of the album names. He was a nice guy though.

Piss's picture

Are we still talking about this poser/elitist shit in 2017? With the amount of chatter about elitism that goes on in this forum, sounds like some of you guys get bullied pretty hard.

oldmate's picture

yea.. your right. maybe its cause I just dont give a fuck what other cunts do but I have never had a problem with this. Also I dont give a fuck if someone is a poser. Who the fuck am I to call them out.

calebheney223's picture

well, I was just shocked as it being my first in person encounter with an elitist, was pretty shocked to see people being an ass off of the keyboard haha

Corvus Corax's picture

Yeah, the Internet is full of folks like that. Unfortunately.

I have found though that most folks on TSS are commonly pretty nice, even if/when giving criticism.

Nater90's picture

I was at Jbhifi with my brother today, Decided to check what their "Metal" section had, These two teenage boys at a guess 13/14 one of them had a copy of Slayer - South of Heaven in his hand and looked at me, Do you like Slayer? I just looked with a what the fuck sorta look and pointed at my Slayer - Postmortem I am wearing currently and said yeah it's a good album, He said cool and walked away...I hope he enjoys it but at the same time think he might've been buying it to look "cool"...Dunno.

slayerslayer's picture

quick reply - nater , dude , take em under your wing , dont be a skeptical c(U)nt , if they bite back in years to come , so what! fuckit. otherwise help em up (same as in the pit).
elitism is just another sub genre in the world of metal . some fall into it , some move out of it.
revolving door of taste versus time.

Nater90's picture

For sure man, By no means do I want to come across as a elitist / arrogant to the younger generation or anyone in general, Happy enough to talk music with anyone and even give them recommendations of similar stuff that they are into. I thought it was weird asking if I liked Slayer when I had a Slayer shirt on is all, If I'm in the pit and someone goes down, I help em back up, A mate and I been in a pit and had 20 odd people go down and land on us, Everyone helped everyone!

Blüdrayne's picture

I think he was just awkward and wanted your opinion about the album, as someone who obviously liked Slayer. Why would some rando kid want to impress you.

Nater90's picture

Yeah I understand that, By no means did I think he want to impress me he already had it in his hand when I was walking up to the section, But he was probably just nervous or something in case his parents are religious or something.

TheSabbathsCreed's picture

I get ya mate.

oldmate's picture

slayer: could not have said it better myself.

if I was in JB and some kid picked up a slayer album i would give him the horns and a "FUCKINNNNN SLAYYYYYYERRRR" and hope he gets the Cd plays it and enjoys it!!

Nater90's picture

Haha true Ajnin I'd say "Play some fuckin Slayerrrrrr" like that guy at the Carcass / King Parrot 2014 gig haha.

I would have liked to go in depth but he walked away is all.

Blackslashband's picture

talking of slayer, someone called me a Nazi at a festival in the Netherlands for wearing a Slayer backpatch... I couldn't believe it :D

Nater90's picture

Hahaha, Bloody idiots! ;)

Stronthor's picture

I stopped caring about posers and elitists a long time ago. Everybody has a right to have a shit taste in music and/or be a closed-minded fuck. Posers will weed themselves out anyway, and I much prefer to have fun doing what I do than defending myself from random strangers trying to paint themselves as superior to hide their insecurities.

DethronedEmperor23's picture

^^^^^ this.

calebheney223's picture

yeah, was just surprised to see someone being an asshole off of the keyboard, my first encounter with one in person, its just hard to think some people can be such big assholes face to face

calebheney223's picture

and I get not to make a big deal out of it, buts its one of those wowwee moments yknow, youre a smart guy, I like you

Stronthor's picture

No worries brother, we all need to vent every now and then, right? Also, it's pretty funny the guy shat on black metal like that, since no other style within metal breeds elitist cunts like black metal does... It's almost refreshing in a way :)

oldmate's picture

your right!!

bad_american1992's picture

I remember a freshman in highschool wanted to be like the big dogs.... so he bought a Death "Human" shirt at the mall. My bandmates at the time asked him "Whats your favorite song on that album?" His response: "Uuh... Suicidal Tendencies?"
We had a good laugh.

Morbid_Welshman's picture

I recall a guy pointing at my Darkthrone patch, and then went into great detail about a show he'd attended in France, in which they'd apparently played Panzerfaust (My favourite Darkthrone album) in full. Despite many questions about it (Knowing full well it hadn't happened, of course) he barraged me with a bombardment of bollocks, which still makes me laugh now :L

calebheney223's picture

that's when you gotta ask questions like did fenriz play guitar and drums at the same time? lol

Corvus Corax's picture

Ha ha. I'd pay some money to see him play both. That would be epic.

Nater90's picture

Don't forget Fenriz busted out the synthesizer on Snø og granskog (Utferd)! He'd need more arms haha.

Vombatus's picture

Also had a couple of those stories were a random guy in his early 20's "saw" Darkthrone, Burzum, Bathory, etc.... They always make me laugh.

At one point one of these idiots also starts scrutinizing my patch vest, and stops on a The Meads Of Asphodel patch. Tells me the band is terrible and I shouldn't wear that since it's "nazi stuff".
I ask him how are the Meads nazi. Proceeds to spout incoherent blabber regarding Sonderkommando, which he clearly didn't even listen to.
I then start explaining the lyric content, refering to Metraton's Codex on the subject, and mention how a nazi band would hardly have an "indian" drummer or cover bands such as Discharge or Hellbastard.
He turns around and leave.

I always wonder what these subjects are thinking, as if they had to prove something to strangers.

OmeletteDuFromage's picture

but metal is obviously for nazis tho

VoodooChild's picture

I don't really like branding people with the labels 'posers' or 'elitists', whatever music people around me listen I label em simply as dicks or friendly people.

a story most close to what you said to me would be the fact I play in both a black metal and a grindcore band, and I have this friend who makes electro pop. His guitarist one time told him: you hang out with that black metal and grindcore guitarist, I will make any kind of music except those two, I don't want to be associated with it since it is for posers and I want you to stop having contact with him.
He told my friend.
He has a new guitarplayer now since the dude also never showed up to rehearsals.

Corvus Corax's picture

+1 mate!

pan_in_ithyphallic_mirth's picture

You know its those hipsters and record store day music buffs that happen to be the worst when it comes to elitism. I once told one person at a store about how when I thought of 60's psych music that I prefered the first Rotary Connection album over more beloved psych artists like the 13th Floor Elevators. And he straight up told me: "Yeah you REALLY should be praising the 13th floor elevators instead."

VoodooChild's picture

Yeah I know those kind of people, if there is one thing I can't stand it's: "you shouldn't listen to *insert band or genre they disapprove of*" and "you should listen *insert band or genre they worship* or you are fake" people.

I've heard way too many "you listen to other genres? then you don't really like metal and you are a poser" in my life hahah, and I"m only 22.

pan_in_ithyphallic_mirth's picture

I once had a person at my workplace tell me how he had also listen to lost of Elffor as well. Said he had heard all of their albums. But when I asked him which one was his fav, he said "cant remember, was one of the first, the old stuff was WAAAY better". Then I asked him if he remembered what was on the cover, and when he couldnt give me an answer he got extremely angry and it was clear he didnt know the band at all. That guy was a very angry person as I recall. I saw him punch a wall at work multiple occasions and he used to say kind of threatening things about orther coworkers who got him upset.

I personally do not care much at all about people who most consider posers... In the way I am one cause im not a metalhead by lifestyle but a goth who just happens to love metal music.

But the one thing I dont like is people telling straight up lies in order to look cool. Like the guy saying he saw some band live when theyve never played a gig. Ive seen a lot of that at shows of people saying a bunch of crap that obviously seems fake just to look cool or show off.

Im actually kind of surprised at how many people live seen at metal shows and gigs and record stores who just straight up tell lies about stuff.

kresctilon's picture

I question myself every day if i am a poser or not. I feel quite uncomfortable wearing my T-Shirts and hoodies. I think i am trying to be someone I'm not, but i don't wear all of this just to look "cool", i really do like the band and music. I can name songs, band members and my favourite song from the album quite easily. Having very low self-esteem, being shy, insecure and generally awkward doesn't help either...

Stronthor's picture

To me a poser is someone who favors style over substance, trying to fit in with a certain subculture by adopting it's esthetics while being clueless of it's values/music/etc and not putting effort into changing that. As you said, you know your shit but you don't feel comfortable adopting the image and as far as I'm concerned there's nothing wrong with that, doesn't make you a poser. I know guys who do not look like a metalhead at all, have short hair, wear 'normal clothes... But still their left testicle alone is more metal than your average goatfago bulletbelt battlevest 2kvlt4u kid will ever be.

Corvus Corax's picture

Well said mate.

kresctilon.....that's probably about the most open and honest comment I've read on this site. I remember being like that in certain ways. I loved metal and even some of the more "graphic" shirts, but I didn't like the attention they attracted sometimes. I'm assuming your quite young, and as over used as this quote might be......just being yourself really does pay off in the end. We all get old and our priorities change, but what's true and meaningful to yourself will never change :)

Corvus Corax's picture

Agreed!

Nater90's picture

I respect you greatly mate.

You appreciate the music for what it is and focus on what's important!

You don't need to wear the wear the merchandise to show you're passionate!

Caarkazs's picture

I definitely relate. Being a huge introvert and dressing the way I do, most people assume I'm tough as nails. I don't exactly fit in with other girls my age and often get called a dyke for being masculine. I know I'm just expressing myself and my love for music, but I often wonder if that's really me. Then again, modern trends like Forever 21 and the dog filter are not my thing at all. Call it an identity crisis, but I know what it's like to doubt the metal style.

Corvus Corax's picture

Caarkazs, I would venture to say a lot of folks on here fit into the introvert spectrum, which isn't a 'bad' thing.

You must remember people are mostly fueled by their perceptions and projections and become slaves to their opinions and the opinions of others. I still get judged on how I appear to folks. It just doesn't hold a lot of gravity because I know who I am. As long as you're comfortable with knowing who you are, you'll sleep soundly.

I think that the 'elitist' attitude happens because of insecurity which can lead to wanting to feel superior to others.

Emulate, don't imitate. To echo Nater a bit; be passionate about what you engage in. You'll not need to worry about the labels.

/endrant lol

Nater90's picture

My ears were burning I heard my name.

But agreed, Caarkazs just be yourself, Who cares what people think, It's YOUR life.

KamikazeKris's picture

Both Corvus and Nater are wise men. You should listen to them.

Most important is that you have fun with it.

Corvus Corax's picture

Been called a lot of things in this life. "Wise" is a new, but welcome one. Ha ha, Cheers mate! :)

KamikazeKris's picture

I prefer to see the positive side in people ;)

Nater90's picture

Same, Never been called wise.

Excuse me whilst I stroke my majestic beard.

Nater90's picture

Hey Kris! Long time, Thanks for the complement I appreciate it.

Corvus Corax's picture

Much appreciated Kris!

bmgx's picture

@Caarcazs There will be many versions of "you" through the course of your life. As another "masculine" lady, I feel you on the name calling issue. The best thing is to just keep plowing on and working on being the you that YOU want to see. Fuck what anybody else has to say. They all have their own insecurities and agendas. You'll never make everybody else happy, so you might as well just make yourself happy. Hail Satan.

DarkValkyrieofDeath's picture

you're not a poser if you love the music, also to the girls in this thread theres ways to look feminine and be into metal too, i personally like to look like a rapper and a metalhead mixed together cause i like horrorcore xD

sepulchral.voice's picture

I don't know if this sounds elitist but I remember one girl in my school who would call herself a huge punk rocker but she had no clue who the Ramones or the Casualties were. She would only talk about Green Day, BVB and scene bands (she even called BVB punk rock). She claimed to know a lot about rock and metal but when I asked her if she heard about Lemmy's death she replied "who is that?"

Corvus Corax's picture

Probably my-own ignorance but; what/who is BVB? I'm unfamiliar.

sepulchral.voice's picture

Black veil brides

Corvus Corax's picture

Ah. Thank you for elucidating. I know the name. I'm unfamiliar with their music though. A Google search of their images looks like they borrow heavily from the Deathrock/Goth and Visual Kei scenes. Not that I'm criticizing Hot Topic or the folks who shop there but, it seems like something that would hang on their walls. It seems to fit that visual demographic.

Blüdrayne's picture

Borussia Dortmund.

Corvus Corax's picture

Ha! Nice one.

Nater90's picture

What the fuck haha, I don't mind falafel but if you asked me to come out and drink I'd do that and then have a lamb & chicken kebab the next day!!!

Blüdrayne's picture

Yeah, but you have some idea who Doc is. If some random guys told me to go drinking with them, I'd likely say no as well.

Nater90's picture

Well yeah that's a point! I've drank with a stranger before but we've now been to 3 or so gigs together.

andermatten's picture

"I'm not into death metal, I only like black metal"

Blüdrayne's picture

What's wrong with having musical preferences? Are people required to like every single subgenre of metal now?

KamikazeKris's picture

Nothing wrong with having a musical preference. I'm guessing the point was judging something based on genre instead of what it sounds like. I'm not the biggest death metal fan myself but there are still class death acts out there that I wouldn't have discovered if I had that same attitude.

Caarkazs's picture

I'm not sure if this counts but when I started to look into metal, I was basically told that if it's not br00tal it's not good. For this reason, I listen to a ton of black metal and some really gritty OSDM. In a way, this made me have a more 'respectable' music taste, but I also missed out on tons of great stuff. I kind've worked backwards by starting off with bands like Grausamkeit and eventually mellowing down to listen to bands like Saxon.

Nater90's picture

I was similar I grew up listening to Rock bands of my parents but when Pop Punk was massive then Nu Metal after a while I heard of heavier bands and got into it a lot, But after talking to some guys on another forum we discussed how Death Metal and genres alike was influenced so I went back to early Rock like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and appreciated it a lot more. I watched Metal Evolution which is amazing, My Dad actually watched it with me and even though he doesn't like the extreme stuff he can appreciate how Rock / Metal as we know it became to be.

I don't think people telling you "if it's not br00tal it's not good" is fair, Some bands aren't for everyone but that's whats so good about Metal there is many sub-genres and amazing bands you can discover so much!

Ragnor's picture

Back in 2007-2008, I played in a band that was fairly big locally, we opened for lots of big touring bands. Some dude was trying to stump me by naming obscure BM bands. He was saying how he was a big fan of Peste Noir, (who I've never been crazy about, and they were very underground back then). I said something like "hmmmm, the name is familiar, but I can't remember where from...." The guy was clearly happy that he'd finally stumped me with a band I didn't know... I called over to my guitarist "Hey, where do I know the name Peste Noir from?" My guitarist replied "We opened for them last summer." The look on the elitist's face was PRICELESS.

DisgustingSemla's picture

That's really fucking cool :D

Nater90's picture

Oh snap!!! That is pretty epic.

OmeletteDuFromage's picture

Best one so far xD

VoodooChild's picture

I once had someone tell me that King Diamond and Bruce Dickinson were the same person, and Bruce just puts on make up.

Corvus Corax's picture

It's really Fred Savage playing Bruce Dickinson, masquerading as King Diamond. None of us saw it though....Ha Ha Ha!

vikingdantheman's picture

and paul pfeiffer is Marilyn Manson ;) haha.

Nater90's picture

Hahahahahahahaha.

They sound nothing alike!

Influx's picture

I originally wasn't going to add anything to this thread because I mean I run into putzes all the time but they are usually just people you can shove off because eh you stick to your guns they stick to theirs.

I had this one guy though I was chit chatting with at a local bike shop and it was really nice since I don't know many metal heads in the area until I mentioned one of the my favorite (and it was the second show I ever went to as a kid, dweeby braces n all) shows I had ever been to was Trivium/Chimaira. This guy just looks at me and says, "How can you call yourself a metal fan and then like Trivium? That's not even that good!"

I shrugged and said, "look man I like them. Had a great time."

He couldn't wrap his brain around for five seconds about Trivium then launched into a list of all the shows he had seen, telling me what a real show should be and comparing them and I just sorta stopped listening five minutes in since he would let me get a word in edgewise and I walked on out. I don't have patience for folks if they are going to try and one up me and tell me my stuff is wrong.

So not a particularly epic story but man that was the one that always stuck out to me

sometimes i feel like a poser because i listen to crazy stuff like hour of penance and slaughterbox and love it but then i put on really shitty rap/pop on other days like britney spears tila tequila and lil kim, i actually blew the minds of the people at a metal shop where i live because i bought a britney spears shirt from them and they werent sure if i was joking but why sell her shirts in a metal shop anyways?

Nater90's picture

As long as you're passionate who cares, I have a soft spot for Savage Garden and Rick Astley.

DisgustingSemla's picture

-

MelFromHell's picture

I think everyone here likes other music besides metal. I've got one good friend back in London, Russian bloke built like a brick shit house with the most insane death metal vinyl collection I've ever seen. You'd never guess his nickname... the disco king haha. And for good reason, his disco vinyl collection is just large as his metal stuff.

When I moved to Germany I started trying to learn the language through music, found this pretty embarrassingly bad hip hop band called 187 Strassenbande, they're one of those fuck bitches get money kind of bands haha. I've seen them twice already and in full metal gear just for a laugh. So yeah, it's all in good no one's judging and those that are are usually have their own guilty pleasures anyway

yeah i also listen to what i think is "good" rap like amber london, im putting an iggy azalea patch on my black/death/main interest vest also because it means something to me and my gf, also cause i wanna know if ill get hilarious responses, but not so much that it just means something to me

Corvus Corax's picture

Most folks don't listen to only one style of music. We all have our likes and dislikes. Unfortunately there are folks out there that have an existential crisis if you listen to 'this' versus 'that'. Then they have to 'correct' you. To be crass: if you're not feeding them, or fucking them; their opinion shouldn't matter

RavenEffect's picture

I hate labels.

Any label at all.

Metalhead. Trve. Poser. Thrasher. They all hurt the enviorement and the scene. They all suck and thats the reason why I dont consider myself a metalhead at all, I'm just a guy who loves music. This comes from back in the day when I was a kid and the older guys would aproach me do the old "Patch/T-shirt Quiz" with all these fucking questions like "And do you, by any chance, know who engineered the sound of that album?" or "Do you know what the fucking guy had for breakfast the morning he wrote a certain song?". It's ridiculous and this happens a lot because most metalheads I know are showboaters and conversations are empty and can be resumed to "I saw this band X times...in Hellfest, Obscene, Wacken, Bloodstock..." mindless shit.

I began replying in a really ironic/sarcastic way like "What? this is a band? I bought it at some flea market cause I liked the drawing... I didnt even knew "INEPSY" was a band...but nice for you to let me know. I'll make sure to pretend this conversation interests me and I'm probably gonna say I'll check them out as soon as I get home so, hopefuly, you can fuck off and...I don't know....MAYBE i can enjoy the rest of the show? that I've paid a ticket to be here? maybe? Thanks".

A few times saying this and these assholes got off my back.

Last time something like this happened was at a show, cant really remember who was playing. Was some technical Death Metal band, not really my thing but I got a free ticket so I went anyway (think it was Defeated Sanity...not sure). I was up at the balcony watching the show from above and there was this kid that stood from the crowd. Glasses, short hair, longsleeve buttoned shirt with this squared patterns and the way he was moving, you could tell that this wasnt his scene at all. But man, HE WAS HAVING A FUCKING BLAST!! He was so happy to be there, enjoying himself that, like I said, he stood from the crowd! A friend's friend was like:
-"Hey man, check out that kid! What a poser! He clearly doesnt know the band, why is he even here?"

Normally I would shrug and ignore such comments. But man...the way that kid was enjoying, I felt obligated to defend his honor so I looked at the idiot straight in his eyes, took a deep breath and replied.

-"A poser? Why? Why on earth is he a poser? because he went to the show? He paid a ticket to watch the band live? does he NEED to know the band to come? Is his money better than yours? Is it worth more? And....BY ANY CHANCE, did you saw what he was holding? Yeah thats right, thats a bag and I bet if you look inside you'll see a T-shirt and a CD or two. What a fucking poser! He spent money to support the band on their tour and, on top of that, added extra support by buying their shit. How about you? When was the last time you went to a band's merch stand at a gig? You like these guys? They have their new album there, why dont you go grab it? Oh right, yeah....who's the poser now?"

It was a rant, I know, I'm an asshole. But these guys are way worse I believe

Nater90's picture

Well said defending that guy.

I've seen some people that at a glance you wouldn't think were metal heads but some people get to gigs right after work and don't have a chance to change but they still get into it and go hard they buy a shirt or something, It's really cool!

You're not an asshole in my opinion, You're just honest about how you feel about stuff.

May I ask how come you don't like Technical Death Metal?

RavenEffect's picture

Thanks for the words. I think he wasnt used to gigs or being in an heavy metal live audience. It was a body language thing, you could tell by just looking. What you wear should determine 0 about the music you like. Myself, I love rap and I go to a lot of Hip-Hop conventions and rap gigs, most of the times wearing my good old Denim jacket and some band shirt. I don't get looks, I dont get treated diferently and everyone is nice to me, including the artists. It's a whole different vybe.

About Tech Death, I don't like "masturbation" and most of these bands are extremely technical. I'm not saying its a bad thing, they are incredibly skilled and I understand why people like these bands. But I like my music with a somewhat melodic guideline and most of these brutal/technical death bands dont have those. It's the same reason why I dont like Death Metal except a few bands. It's a matter of personal taste obviously.

Nater90's picture

Most welcome mate, Ah understandable, Been there done that!

I'm not big on Rap or Hip-Hop a few songs here and there, But passion is something music fans will always agree upon, So respect for enjoying your passion!

Ah fair point, Thanks for the reply! Can understand where you're coming from, I do like some Brutal / Slam bands just for being different, But some of them just copy one another and sound the same, Death Metal is great especially old school bands! But some of the new ones do well for the genre but some also do it nothing whatsoever, I seen local band Ignivomous and most their songs sounded the same and didn't do much for me.

MelFromHell's picture

Not all hero's wear capes. Good on you for sticking up for that kid. Some people are just dicks for the sake of being dicks. I mean, you've gotta start somewhere right?

Nater90's picture

Exactly right, I wouldn't wear a cape, Can't have it get sucked into a jet engine...

But we all find some band we love and it gets the ball rolling, Mine was Slipknot, Still love them till this day and seen em twice.

MelFromHell's picture

This thread is gold :') Ok, I've got one. Goes way back to the mid 80's before I was even a twinkle in the milkman's eye haha. My mum and her friend told me this one about herself actually a few years ago.

So she was out with her mate who she's still friends with now (she's a metalhead so backed up this story) and her boyfriend at the time wearing a Maiden shirt, some bloke approached her and complimented her tee. He then asked "so what's your favourite record then? Powerslave? Killers? and something else last he completely pulled out of his arse. Thinking quickly, she chose the latter. The guy just laughed and said "yeah I made that last one up, at least you tried" and then walked off. My mothers bloke and her mate were desperately trying to contain their laughter coz my ma was a bit of a firecracker back then. She turned to her fella and said "Why didn't you tell me instead of making me look like a fucking idiot?" chucked her fag on his feet and stormed off. Man that must've been funny, it's good she can laugh at that now though.

Nater90's picture

So Brits say fag to aye? Haha.

That would've been hilarious, Your Mum sounds cool as!

i finally thought of one, there was this girl i knew from school who came into the record store where i worked and tried stealing a bunch of shirts, she was wearing the same metallica shirt i owned, she may or may not actually be a poser but i certainly thought of her as one and it made me not wanna wear the shirt, i still do tho just not as much cause mine got holes in it from jumping fences, same thing happened with my megadeth shirt, sucks i liked those shirts im gonna buy a new metallica shirt soon

I was watching a YouTube video of soulfly playing refuse/resist the other day. It was from recently & Zyon (Max's son) is playing drums for them. Someone had commented saying.....why is this kid wearing a baseball jersey at a metal gig, its not a rap show.......something like that. To anyone that knows about this song this is soooo stupid. Firstly...who cares...he was playing it perfect BUT my major point is that the heartbeat you hear at the start of the song, actual the start of the chaos ad album IS Zyons!!! Now he's playing the drums to it. The guy appeared on a metal album before he was even born!!!!! That's hardcore!!!!

hector.kirkwood@gmail.com's picture

I tried to join a fan page on Facebook for a stoner/doom band, I was then asked three questions to check I I would be 'cool' enough to join - the answers I could google in 30 seconds so that was pointless, I decided not to bother joining, thats elitist bullshit.

Corvus Corax's picture

You also needed to know the 'Super-Secret Hand Shake'. Ha ha.

Nater90's picture

Pffft, So shit.

I tried to join a gaming server once and because I didn't agree to the rules I got an instant ban....

Corvus Corax's picture

That's so dumb. A lot of folks crave control though. It's an obsession of theirs. They have a breakdown when that semblance of control collapses too.

Nater90's picture

Agreed, Society is fucked.

Corvus Corax's picture

+1 Ha Ha

Nater90's picture

Annual day to kill one person we despise ;)

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments