TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Tony Sarkka aka IT has passed

emperialmassacre
Wed, 15/02/2017 - 22:16

A true legend and another of the old BM scene is gone. Apparently he committed suicide if what I am reading is accurate. He died yesterday or the day before.

He was involved in some very unique bands. Of course we all know Abruptum, but Ophthalamia was some of the most unique BM ever created and I've never heard anything similar to it.

My association with Tony goes back to the Myspace days when we would frequently talk about music and philosophy. He was a great and honorable man. He spoke of possible new Ophthalamia music but sadly this will never happen now. We all know he was close friends of Euronymous and Jon so now he can finally join them wherever they may all reside now.

Rest well my friend and see you soon.

Nater90's picture

Damn that fucking sucks...

Well said about Ophthalamia, I randomly bought an album ages ago and enjoyed it, When I was listening to it I was in the process of driving up the mountains, Was such an amazing feeling.

Rest in piece Tony.

Stathis's picture

That's a shame... Ophthalamia are one of the best Black metal bands that ever existed.

Claudandus's picture

That's a shame indeed. I always keep coming back to his music. Be it Vondur, Ophthalamia or Abruptum.
I was always hoping he'd one day return to making music, well I guess that's out of the question now.
Gone but never forgotten!

Vomitus's picture

i'm sorry to hear this.

satan's radish's picture

Seeing this just now was really a shock. It is very disappointing news. Even worse if it was, in fact, a suicide.

578,656 items in the gallery, 884,161 comments, and 671 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments