TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > TShirtSlayer.com discussion

New "TShirt color" field!

doctordeath
Fri, 08/10/2021 - 09:31

New "TShirt color" field is available, All of your shirts have been set (as you probably noticed for a long time in the 'search' system) but now the color is available when you view the shirt, and it is also available to edit.

These were all automatically set by a custom trained neural network (Some 200,000 tshirts were updated), yeah, that's the age we live in, we have custom trained neural networks just for assigning heavy metal tshirt colors...

As the training data was a bit 'lazy' (I didnt detect/crop the shirt out of the photo), there are some interesting edge cases, like when you have a black tshirt on a red background, sometimes it will guess that the tshirt is red, but you can easily edit this anyway

I hope todo something similar with the tshirt tags, some other interesting machine learning stuff that could be done

- Detect the number of screen print colours and make it searchable (Imagine if you could ask the search "Show me all 2 color prints")
- Single-stitch versus modern double stitch (Imagine if you could ask the search 'show me all original single stitch shirts, AND 2 colors)
- Maybe detect all 100% cotton shirts versus modern 80/20 blends (could be interesting for finding fakes? along with the single stitch?)
- Maybe detect the size of the shirt? would be kind of arbitrary, modern shirts are totally different in sizing to older shirts, modern shirts are also 'unisex'
- Got any ideas? let me know

anyway.. it's all about the supporters, if you like this kind of cool stuff, please support TShirtSlayer for a beer a month!

Samppa666's picture

Shoud there be a way to select two colours, for example, when the body and the sleeves are of different colours?
https://tshirtslayer.com/tshirt-or-longsleeve/darkthrone-ls-3

The colour brown is missing.

doctordeath's picture

it's a good question.. i think just the 'main' colour (so in this case, grey).. or.. what do you think?

I added 'brown'

Samppa666's picture

This is a though one.. Maybe it could be a good thing to mark the color variations of the different era shirts? It might help with identifying the version if the year is not listed.

Thanks for adding it.

doctordeath's picture

mmm you mean like identify which colours were used in which years, and then try to group them out?

but colours change over time, UV exposure, washing etc etc..

probably impossible

Samppa666's picture

Yeah, i understand. It might be useless tinkering.

578,489 items in the gallery, 884,108 comments, and 674 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments

• Awesome, thanks for the info!
  • Thank you!!, yes, I painted them, but with a brush.
  • Awesome. 🤘
  • All right, then the trip was probably worthwhile for you in more ways than one.
  • Classic stuff!
  • I was in Japan for the fest. Most of everything sold out as literally everyone was buying merch and every piece of it.
  • Not bad! Did they have them in the NWN! store?
  • And that alone explains this patch. But I think the other version of Rapture Textiles is better.
  • A very horny patch hahaha
  • Love this!
  • nice to see the long and short versions compared in this post. thanks for taking the time.
  • All good ! \m\
  • Nope sorry this one is going on my vest 🗿
  • What’s the story with this? It’s funny !!!
  • Heck yeah I love this guy!! Where'd you get this from?
  • Sick