TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Marilyn Manson Allegations.

adamhorrorfan1991
Mon, 31/05/2021 - 17:29

Hey guys.

As I'm sure a lot of you are aware about Marilyn Manson's abuse allegations, I wonder how everyone is taking this? If they buy what these women are claiming or not?

Further, wondering if it's risky wearing Manson merchandise in public now due to the situation. Have a battle jacket with him on as my back patch.

What are everyone's thoughts on the issue?

bad_american1992's picture

Yeah if someone waited 10 years to "Me Too" the Marilyn Manson it's probably made up.

MorticiA's picture

No shits are given. Crank up the tunes and wear the jacket/patch with pride.

AbysmalWind's picture

Never been a fan of him or his music, but it only takes a couple of clicks to come across dozens of similar accusations throughout the years. I mean, when even an ex personal assistant of yours confirms the girls' version then there's definitely something shady going on. The fact that the guy is said to have been shooting up everything and displaying mentally insane behaviour for pretty much all his career does not help him either.

That said, everyone's innocent until proven guilty, but I sense we're fishing in troubled waters...

P. S. Wear whatever you want, man. As of today, no one's been mugged off for wearing Emperor, Burzum, or Dissection stuff, and we're talking about bands involved in murders.

frankie530's picture

I doubt it’s a risk to wear any Manson stuff, and I believe innocent until proven guilty. But I don’t know what this means for his entertainment career - he’s dropped from various things now and more famous entertainers haven’t recovered in the industry from similar accusations (whether true or not)

adamhorrorfan1991's picture

In worst case scenario, I thought to replace my back patch with a Type O Negative one. Although, the vintage one with 13 printed is rare to find. I love the vintage Manson back patch on my jacket though. However, if he's guilty then I still condemn abuse and will listen to him less often. Further, I noticed the Manson fan groups on Facebook believe this is all fabricated. Have to wait and see.

TheSabbathsCreed's picture

I’m not saying woman should be abused in any way what so ever, but I think if you’re getting “involved” with Marilyn Manson in a romantic/sexual way you’ve gotta expect some weird shit is gonna go down.

PS:I don’t really know the whole situation

Thane's picture

Either way dude, separate HIS MUSIC from his private PERSONAL CHOICES. I have Iced Earth on several things and Megadeth too despite some of the recent bullshit. I live for the MUSIC. What individuals do in their free time has nothing to do with music they had written, I really try not to even follow this shit but media has to throw it in your face.

1. You don't personally know Marilyn Manson
2. You weren't there
3. You really can't take a side unless there's concrete evidence anyway
4. Even if the evidence seems concrete you still can't be 100% sure because of how much people can edit, doctor, or lie.
5. Stop stressing yourself out worrying about it, if you love the music, wear what you want and if someone says something to you tell them to get fucked. Life's too short.

I'll say again, like I do on any of these types of forums:

If I stopped listening to bands/artists because a member did something shitty, I'd have no music left to listen to. Humans do shitty stuff. All the time. I'm sure there's fuckloads of bands with members who have done some seriously fucked up shit that people still aren't aware of, but you know what, at the end of the day we all make shitty mistakes in some way, shape, or form, so separate that element from the music you enjoy and just live your life.

Just to be clear I obviously don't condone any of the shit these people have done (if they have) it's just soooooo much easier to ignore it. Donate to charities that help abuse victims or try to prevent abuse, take positive action, and stop worrying if rumors are true or not. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Sorry for the fuckin rant lol

bad_american1992's picture

Mic Drop moment right there. I think that's all that needs to be said.

Thane's picture

🎤

Dan's picture

Don't give a fuck about Marilyn Manson, don't give a fuck about the allegations either.
Nowadays everyone whines and cries about everyone, social media influence is huge and people just stop giving a fuck about things that do matter.
Everyone who's in the spotlights is a target.
Honestly, it's about people being people.
And people suck.

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments