TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

TSS is supported by ‐ monitor website changes with changedetection.io
Forums > TShirtSlayer.com discussion

Making my first purchase - Tips?

queensstyle
Wed, 24/06/2020 - 00:55

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be making my first purchase soon here on Tshirtslayer. I am very excited to be doing this. My question to you is; how do I go about this? I have my PayPal set up and am ready to send money. One thing that I don't want to do is get scammed. What tips do you have for avoiding a scam? What do I do if the seller ghosts on me? How can I hold a seller accountable? How do transaction usually happen here?

If there is a thread explaining this, please drop it below and I will delete this one. I hope I'm not breaking the rules here or anything...

Best to all of you, Stay safe and healthy!

Peace

ThomasThrash's picture

Yo,

Welcome! I can explain how I go about it, and how to most likely NOT get scammed.

Here's how most of my transactions go: PM the seller either asking how much the item is or making an offer; (Depending on their preference. Usually if it's offers only they'll state that in the description.) and making sure the item is still available.

Also figure out shipping costs! Make sure to settle on what type of shipping you'd like. (e.g. standard, registered, tracked)

Assuming you've settled on a price and the item is still available, shipping, and total cost, either the seller will give you their PayPal address, or you can say you're ready to pay and ask for their PayPal.

Once you've paid leave them your full shipping address. E.g.:

John Doe
1234 First Street
Anytown, Anystate 12345 (12345 is zip code)
COUNTRY

Once they have that if you decided on tracked shipping they will give you your tracking number after they ship it. When it arrives let the seller know. (Usually courteous and good communication) If something doesn't come after longer than expected, notify the seller.

How to not get scammed: 1. Ask to pay with purchase protection on PayPal. Usually this will be a few extra dollars, but could save you a lot if they do scam you.

2. Buy from a seller with good trade reviews. On their profile their will be a tab titled: "trade reviews" you can check there.
If there is an item that you really want, and you aren't sure if the seller will be legit, go with purchase protection if the seller is ok with it... and if they aren't... that's weird.

One additional note is make sure to check if the seller is active on their profile. If they haven't logged in in over 2 years, don't necessarily expect a response.

Best of luck man! \m/

TheSabbathsCreed's picture

Spot on info!!!! There's lots of good reliable sellers on here with good feedback. Just get talking to people as well

MorticiA's picture

Joke:

First you have to make sure you have a reputable vendor that's not a Cop or a Sting Operation, then you want to find a form of currency that's untraceable that the seller prefers. Typically this is likely cryptocurrency or bonds or gold. If doing it through the internet make sure you use a coin tumbler for your crypto currency for added proteection. If doing an exchange in person make sure you're jamming the typical police digital frequencies, this forces them to use typical analog frequencies that are easy to listen to or eevesdrop on. If they ARE Police you'll hear them chatting and wondering why the other frequencies are jammed and not working. Always come to the deal a little late, Cops usually get a bit pissed that they had to wait when it's a Sting.

Location: Make sure the deal goes down in a location that's miserable to be at so the Police are sure to complain more on the radio. You'll also to want to see from your point of the deal a few miles in every direction to make sure your not walking into a double cross. Having body armor is nothing to be ashamed of, and never ask for their name and if they ask for your name just leave. An ultrasonic ear will help you sniff out any goaning or complaining voices you wouldn't normally hear in the distance. If anything you agreed to prior to the exchange changes suddenly be sure to leave immiedately, better safe than sorry. Be weary of strange language. You would be amazed what passes for code words or key phraises these days. One minute you think your ordering an Egg McMuffin, the next you are being given a person with a bag over their head.

Be wary of Inch-High-Private-Eye, he has been known to pop up in the weirdest places like old soup Cans, wet catfood containers, soaked paper bags, trash cans. Deploy Rats when you arrive, he HATES them and he'll flee the scene. Avoid dealing with the Really Rottens too, they're always getting caught and they aren't the brightest bunch. Don't do the deal at night, it's prime Batman time (I think he sleeps during the day...)

queensstyle's picture

THANK YOU ALL! I appreciate all your tips and advice, All the best to you \m/ !!!!!!!

ThomasThrash's picture

Good luck with your purchase too!

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments