TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Simpsons album art parodies

MorticiA
Thu, 02/07/2020 - 05:57

While searching for an old Simpsons Metal parody of the Big 4 ('Tallica fans vs Megadeth fans, w/ Anthrax and Slayer fans,) I came across THIS: https://www.laguiadelvaron.com/humor/si-los-simpson-protagonizaran-las-p...

I laughed till I cried with several of these pics. What caught my interest in the first place was Iron Maiden/Ned Flanders. Sorry for the small low quality pics, I couldn't find the original version of the Big 4, and the the 4 panel comic wouldn't let me save the file so I did a screenshot.

I hope ya'll enjoy.

TheSabbathsCreed's picture

Have you seen the Springfield Albums site???

MorticiA's picture

No! But I did try to look for more. Lately the web has not been very good with search results...

Hliðskialf's picture

Kill 'Em All is just great.

Bayernpirat's picture

not Simpsons but I want to post this one Patrick Star related
https://tshirtslayer.com/other-collectable/slaypatrick-wehrwampe

MorticiA's picture

Hahahaha! That's great!

Thane's picture

Not only album artwork, but these guys' songs are entirely Simpsons quotes lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BEvh6HSQc0

georgianacrouse's picture

Did you know that artists who draw digital art on commission are often asked to draw people in the Simpsons style? All over the world, this cartoon series is still very popular. So I think some of the remakes of Megadeth and Slayer album covers in the Simpsons style look cool. I didn't know you could order or buy one of those until I started being friends with an artist. We met on Facebook, and she told me about her creative work. Her main job is drawing pictures of clients in The Simpsons or Rick and Morty style. She first came up with this idea when she bought a painting she needed to paint by numbers (https://journeyofsomething.com/collections/paint-by-numbers). She liked the picture from the sixth season of The Simpsons and wanted to do one herself.

MorticiA's picture

This doesn't surprise me actually.

Though, I know etsy can rake in the dough when it comes to fan made pop-culture.

islamint's picture

Do you really take this seriously for art? Whether it's great to work. For example, "Sunflowers" by Van Gogh. They say that "Sunflowers" once saved a life. Ambroise Vollard recalled a collector who became seriously ill and fell into prostration. The doctor said the patient needed a serious shock. Otherwise, he will die. At first, the collector was told that his beloved mother—in-law had died - it did not help. Then they remembered that paintings, especially "Sunflowers," were most expensive to him — and pretended that they were preparing to sell them. When the painting began to be removed from the wall, the patient woke up, tried to get up, and burst into tears. After discovering this story, I immediately found van gogh paintings for sale and purchased a reproduction.

John Christ's picture

Dude...

MorticiA's picture

It's not "Fine-Art", but It's an art for it's medium: Late-night adult sitcom cartoons, or in this case a Meme-crossover. Frankly I love the Simpsons (or at least their 90's+early 2000s era.

I can understand that Memes might not be an art to you and that's totally ok, I find that they're good for a quick laugh-out-loud moment (and often best shared with friends.)

Heh, I just looked at them again, truly side splitting ^o^.

bad_american1992's picture

These links probably contain malware don't click 'em gang

MorticiA's picture

Thanks for the heads up.

568,592 items in the gallery, 881,079 comments, and 550 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments