TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > EBay or other finds

Absurd items

EvilJay
Thu, 24/10/2024 - 15:47

Got any items that you think are somehow absurd, for example it being the price, the item itself or the circumstances the item came to be? Maybe even all of the above? Some other absurdity? I think I got something here. At first, I didn't think it was really THAT absurd, but one detail about it made me literally laugh out loud.

My music collection in general started with Metallica around 1996 and has taken several directions over the years. I still am on the lookout for certain Metallica releases up until 2001, so a "metallica promo" automated eBay search is still in place.

Today, I got presented with this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/356184121399

On the first glance it looks pretty cool, but the details (not just the price) place that thing in absurd territory for me.

Besides the bands who have "played homage" to Metallica according to the description, just take a look at the CDs the "friends at MTV" were allegedly giving the performers. All of them are cutouts and at least 8 of them are ugly as hell. Since a cutout usually denotes a lower price that kinda makes you think. Would you be giving such a version to a friend? I know for a fact that starting with Load all Metallica album releases on Elektra Records (that are in this boxset) have had designated promo editions and none of them had any cutout damage like this.

Anyway, got some $4,000.00 left for price reduced Metallica albums? Here's your chance :D

626,196 items in the gallery, 897,239 comments, and 477 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments