TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

TSS is supported by ‐ monitor website changes with changedetection.io
Forums > TShirt Talk

"80s Vintage"-styled Shirts

bad_american1992
Wed, 06/11/2019 - 05:44

This has bothered me for a while...

A lot of bootleg shirt distros and have been creating "vintage-styled" t-shirt artwork over the last couple years and to be honest they look nothing like the metal shirts that are authentically from 1980s. It seems like an excuse to cut corners and only screen print primary colors to save money and time. Look at the detail of an Iron Maiden shirt in fuggle74's gallery or tour shirts from the Big Four in their prime; I think it's ridiculous to call 4 blocky ass colors and zero details "vintage" or "80s" inspired!

Anyone else notice this and feel the same way? Or am I just becoming a grumpy old man hahaha

Daniel Sodomaniac's picture

Personally i hate shirts with " vintage retro old school " look.
Feels fake and trendy to me.

Spectrum's picture

Yep, all of them are ugly as fuck and the colors they use suck so hard. Fuck off!!!

4pegbmx's picture

let the scum waste their money and count your blessings you are able to see throught the bs!

oldschoolbogi's picture

I can understand that older people find these boring (sorry), but don`t forget that younger people haven`t lived in the 80`s yet, so obviously wasn`t able to buy and save any merch back then. Many of us are mainly into 80`s music, but as vintage shirts sometimes cost a fortune, we are not able to afford those. Probably that`s why we enjoy wearing these kind of stuff, it`s a kinda "time travel" , where we can have a bit of an 80`s renaissance feel through the shirts and clothes, haha.

bad_american1992's picture

That wasn't the point I was trying to make... there was a streak of vendors making shirts that were supposed to harken back to the glorious 80s, but there was nothing in the 80s that they looked like. Wrapped text, simple colors, weird shapes and framing, etc. Petty much only the artwork and photos used were of 1980s vintage.

568,170 items in the gallery, 880,975 comments, and 551 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments