TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

TSS is supported by ‐ monitor website changes with changedetection.io
Forums > All other metal related talk..

2021 something in the mail just for fun

GoreGrinder666
Mon, 28/12/2020 - 07:14

A few years ago there was an international take a thing leave a thing that happened on this site. I am looking to start this up again, and will be loading up a package with several patches and whatnot. The rules are as such:

Welcome to the TSS “2021 Something in the mail just for fun” game!

***** PACKAGE LINK!! ***
https://tshirtslayer.com/other-collectable/2021-something-mail-just-fun-...

The rules are :
Once you receive the package, take a picture of all the stuff, then make an upload in your action shots.
You can choose one or two things and replace them with new items. (If you would like extra “Doner Kebab” or “Big Lebowski” patches you're welcome to take them)
Cut out the stamp (if it's nice or cool) and glue it to the TSS staff envelope
Put a postcard (preferably of your hometown) with greetings for the next receiver into the envelope.
Write your address into the TSS Log and add a drawing or some kind words, band recommendations...
Wrap up the TSS stuff back up, and place it back in the envelope.
Now you can send the package to a member who wants to play this game. (preferably a supporter)
Look at the "2021 SOMETHING IN THE MAIL JUST FOR FUN" in the forums.
The package MUST LEAVE YOUR COUNTRY OR AT LEAST 666 MILES/ KILOMETERS.
I wish you all a lot of fun with this game.
Cheers,
GoreGrinder666

P.s.
!!Don’t forget to complete the Trade with the next person!!

If you have any questions feel free to message me.

meaningless's picture

It was a great game...sadly it stoped/package disappeared..no idea what happend. But im in again :D ..(but you already know that..haha)

doctordeath's picture

yes! finally!!!!

OK - so, I think create the entry here on TSS, then we can start using the tradereview system to track who had it, next person etc!

ONLY SUPPORTERS too i think should be a rule too

GoreGrinder666's picture

Well seeing as how there is about 5 people or so , don't wanna start turning people away. But deffinitly need to fi d a way to get them in one area.

kingdomofhannover's picture

Great idea, I‘m in also...;)

bad_american1992's picture

I'm in! Not to piss in your cornflakes mate but international mail has been really atrocious this year... maybe we could have different packages for different countries so that the package doesn't spend 6 months in International customs?

GoreGrinder666's picture

That's a good idea, we would have start multiple Groups tho. Or perhaps it can be sent to one country first then another? Idk just spit balling

MorticiA's picture

I can pretty much vouch for this, I had a HORRIBLE time getting patches from Germany consecutively and the ebay seller had to sent out like 3 replacements (not counting the initial/first patch.) The USA even had a shit fit with it in customs = 'never got the letter. Definitely wrapping the patch in a single layer news paper seems to get things working.

oldmate's picture

I am in also, but Bad_american1992 is right. Shipping is off its tits in cost and time. Time does seem to be getting better.

Into Glory Ride's picture

Hahaha, i will definitely integrate "Not to piss in your cornflakes" into my lexicon when conversing with international people

Metalmate's picture

I am game!!

GoreGrinder666's picture

Morning all,
So I hope I did this right.
I've made a Google Doc folder in Google Drive. If you want to participate, click the link. Once you have been added you read the instructions and type in your address.

This way, after I send it... It will truly be free to suprise someone, AND the list can be updated with new members.

Metalmate's picture

I tried it but could only send you a message :)

GoreGrinder666's picture

Sent you a pm to hopfully sort this out

GoreGrinder666's picture

Update:
Ok, here is how we will go about gathering addresses.

1. You send me a message with your E-mail
2. I add your email to a Google Doc.
3. Once you receive an email or push notification for the link.
4. Accept it and click the link, everyone should be able to view and edit.
5. Follow the example given then save when you are done.

This will be a great way to choose who gets gets the package next...and keeps your information safe.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Cheers!

GoreGrinder666's picture

It's official the game has begun and the package has already been revived by tue first person!

I got the package over the weekend! Some really cool and hilarious items inside. GoreGrinder you are the man for getting this thing started. I took 1 patch and 1 sticker. Loading it up with some new goodies, I will mail it to the next recipient tomorrow... hmm... who could be over 666 miles away from me.... guess we will have to find out!

P.S. I'm throwing in a stack of USPS postage labels for the next members to write addresses on.

GoreGrinder666's picture

Hahahaha delish metal stir fry!

doctordeath's picture
GoreGrinder666's picture

Thanks for the help Doc!

doctordeath's picture

ahh man, I think it needs a stronger package! last one was heavy cardboard with loads of thick tape!

It's actually pretty sturdy, two plastic bubble mailers (one inside one outside).

Thane's picture

Did you get that Spatula from Spatula City??

Yeah, the one right next to Plots-R-Us Mortuary service.

Thane's picture

🤣 YES

Ok! I got it mailed out right before my state gets slayed by a snowstorm hahaha.
When the next vict- I mean member receives this, let me know and I'll make you the new owner \m/ \m/

P.S. There's still room on the mailing list of more people want to get in on the fun!

doctordeath's picture

Yeah or as i keep saying, i dont understand why there is a 'list', in the old package we just sent it to the next guy that you liked.. i dont understand why it has to be so organised through some spreadsheet, just send it on! it should be up to the person who has it to decide

I didn't set the guidelines up Doc. I'm playing by the organizer's rules cause he took the time to put this whole thing together.

GoreGrinder666's picture

Its not a spreadsheet... Just a list of people to mail it to. As a back up. I completely understand your reasons for doing it the old fashion way... And of that seems to work thats cool... Just figured that people like having options.

doctordeath's picture

whatever works! :)

Heavy Metal Chemist's picture

I would like to join as well. It sounds like a fun game to me and a nice way to surprise and get surprise 🤘😄🤘

Heavy Metal Chemist's picture

I just joined the game and added my address to the list (thanks GoreGrinder). I did notice however that some of the people who said they would join did not add their address to the list yet. Please do this people, the list has to become longer 🤘😄🤘 More shipping options needed!

If anyone is flying from USA > Europe at some point and wants to mule the package.... would save a poor member like $50 in shipping! Hahaha

GoreGrinder666's picture

New location... Hit up Bucci is you want it next..

https://tshirtslayer.com/actionshot/tss-somethin-mail

GoreGrinder666's picture

After some time the package is with Dach...check his action shots and get on the list

meaningless's picture

so far...it just flying across USA..., could that be?

Chab's picture

If you Are still waiting to play please dm me. I recieved the box about a week ago. I have not been able to ship since I dont have anyones address.

You may have to pick a member who didn't sign up and just surprise them... hahaha. That was how the game was played many many moons ago. Or ship to Mr Meaningless over in Austria, I bet he has some cool stickers to add judging from his recent uploads!

doctordeath's picture

yup just ask someone you like (who is a supporter) and send it to them, this is how it is meant to work, otherwise it's too confusing

doctordeath's picture

and dont forget to use the [transfer ownership] stuff

Chab's picture

On its way to meaningless!

meaningless's picture

hui :D i see....our new game is leaving USA for the first time now?! ...im excited :D

GoreGrinder666's picture

Make sure you get some pictures of it

meaningless's picture

for sure, will do :)

oldmate's picture

fucking sick !!

meaningless's picture

The package grows and grows, here some new actual pics!! Maybe some members who missed that so far, wanna be a party of our game. If yes, pm GoreGrinder666 or meaningless :)

GoreGrinder666's picture

Holy cow its massive! Next person who gets it must take a little more then one thing😅.

Never the less any takers?

Chab's picture

Glad it arrived safely!

meaningless's picture

its crazy how big our 'letter' is now...hahaha

Thane's picture

Nice! Cool to see some new updates!

meaningless's picture

yeah, its more then worth to make an update..haha

Chab's picture

Who can give me info on this?

doctordeath's picture

wrong thread/forum?

Chab's picture

Its from inside the box... I cant find info on it though.

doctordeath's picture

my fault :D super cool!

GoreGrinder666's picture

Here you go Chab. It seems like a band or a disto.

https://m.facebook.com/unleashabraxas/posts/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0

Chab's picture

Ty!

YungThermonuclearWarrior's picture

It’s from a store in Portland

GoreGrinder666's picture

Sorry for the delay! But here's the package. Would like to thank everyone that participated in the game the last couple of years. I personally would like to thank TSS for being a fun and great community for metal, punk and everything in-between.

PinJunky's picture

I've tried to click on the links but all end in error. Am I missing something?

GoreGrinder666's picture

Link to what?

PinJunky's picture

Is there not a link to some spread sheet or something? A way to sign up for this? I'm so lost😩