TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > TShirt Talk

Slipknot 2022 Tour Merch

Baldur93
Fri, 19/08/2022 - 23:30

If anyone will be reselling band photo t-shirt - DM me. I was unable to get one on show in Tallinn.

Photo source - reddit.

Baldur93's picture

P.S. but for now I still hope it will pop up on official website in some weeks or maybe month

InternetPersona's picture

Not really into the designs. Also feels insanely overpriced.. Too much for the quality you're getting too, I have one from last year and its already showing heavy signs of wear. I'm not too into slipknot anymore but still I wish for better merch. What's everyone eleses opinion on this?

loganrohr's picture

The shirt I bought last year was fine. I only bought it because it had an Iowa era group shot. Quality is fine, not great, not terrible. Their designs are just terrible nowadays unless they do a throwback. The merch got shitty after Vol. 3.

Mhm. I very much agree, after Vol. 3 it lost all taste. Kinda felt like generic "Edgy" or "Badass" logos with the slipknot name slapped on it. Very bland, very overpriced, very corny. But the Iowa era merch is my personal favorite. I love everything about the iowa era. But it feels their newer albums are lacking the kick that made slipknot, well, slipknot. Its missing the raw energy, its very clean cut and feels like corny metal station music, which it is. They were always mainstream, by no mean am I saying they were underground. I just am not a big fan of the newer stuff. But glad a newer generation can enjoy it too. But i'll just stick to the classics.

Baldur93's picture

You know, they were yndergtound but still, their first album is very undenground. Maybe Iowa too. Vol 3 is not undenground in way.

Also regarding designs, I just scrolled EMP recently and there were actually a lot of good designs.

But some of them are designed by EMP by licence, of couse.

If we talk about merch from their official store, well, it can be kinda generic. But for me that band photo tour t-shirt looked OK. in the case of Slipknot I mostly preferred band photo merch. But in fact, I like band photo merch in general. Anyway, all this is pretty much subjective

loganrohr's picture

100% agreed. Slipknot caters to those nowadays that will pay. They're not for the people anymore, unfortunately. Anything past All Hope Is Gone is garbage in my opinion. Perhaps it's the lack of Joey and Paul, or they just happened to sell out and lose all uniqueness. AHIG was the last album that was full on Knot. It was heavy, but it was melodic. Nowadays every song is basically as follows:
Clean vocals, no instruments
Buildup
Instruments stop and there's a vocal line, then back into the same riff we've heard a trillion times.
Clean vocal chorus
Bridge in which there's probably a marching snare drum or some shit

Rinse, repeat.

Literally. Pretty bland. The guitar sounds the exact same since .5. Lmao

Baldur93's picture

I liked Nero Forte a lot. Unsainted as well. Dying Song is ok for me. Slipknot becane mainstream pretty fast. Not sure about Iowa but on Vol 3 they already had producer saying them what can be done etc. Now they are famous band. Obviosly its heavily commercised. But I dont know famous band which wouldn't be. In fact, sometimes producers telling the band something is good too, because not all the decisions of artists might appeal to general audience. There is a song in Book of Souls album of Iron Maiden which is so long, that its there probably only because Bruce Dickinson decided. I prefer to skip it. But if you ask if old Slipknot songs were "more cool", I will say yes. Of course, songs must not be generic and your critics soungd logical. Its just difficult to write something "not-generic" not only in terms of commercial success. Its also just not easy. If you did it once or twice it doesnt mean you will be able to repeat it. And even if you will, it will get major fame, etc.

Kriegaz's picture

Lol @ €70 for a hoodie. Corey Taylor himself better be giving a reacharound to every customer for that kind of money.

571,176 items in the gallery, 881,612 comments, and 555 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments