TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > TShirt Talk

Obituary - End Complete Tour Long sleeve shirt: Bootleg or Legit?

rabidmadman
Mon, 14/09/2020 - 06:39

I purchased the following shirt:

https://tshirtslayer.com/tshirt-or-longsleeve/obituary-end-complete-long...

on eBay Fall 2005. I love this shirt and wore it religiously for a few years.

It seems to be a period correct shirt from the 'The End Complete' era but there are zero merchandiser logos on the shirt.
I never cared or suspected that it was unofficial but I am now curious what others here might think.

What is the likelihood that this was being bootlegged 25-30 years ago? That tag looks to me like it could be from 1992 or earlier
but I could be wrong. Obituary was well known, but not big enough to a point where I feel people were bootlegging their merchandise
at the time, so I don't think this is a bootleg. What are the odds that a band like Obituary sold merchandise that wasn't printed by the typical merchandisers such as Bluegrape or Direct merchandising?

Only one other person has a shirt similar to this one:
https://tshirtslayer.com/tshirt-or-longsleeve/obituary-longsleeve-old-to...

And the back on that is different. It just seems too unlikely that someone would have gone through the effort of printing bootlegs back then, but what do I know?

rabidmadman's picture

Got it, I am not familiar with the proper terminology. Traditionally, all official shirts from this era would have something like

'Bluegrape Merchandising"

"Direct Merchandising"

etc.

So I wasn't sure.

oldmate's picture

The size tag is sometimes a giveaway. Got a zommed in photo of that ?

582,506 items in the gallery, 885,334 comments, and 653 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments