TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > TShirtSlayer.com discussion

How to treat t-shirts?

Teresa Saggaf
Fri, 09/11/2012 - 22:40

Can anyone tell me how to treat t-shirts? some detergents make 'em faded and stretchy :[

ManOboy's picture

flip them inside out, cold water wash, and hang them to dry. i dont use any special detergent, i just use enough to get the smells outta the shirt :P

ManOboy's picture

* make sure theres no bleach in the detergent*

Teresa Saggaf's picture

after they were printed on the wrapper 'NO BLEACHER'

DevilzForce's picture

and don't hang your shirts from the shoulders or on a clothes hanger, stretches your neck quicker than anything !!

Teresa Saggaf's picture

If it so, how to hang the tshirt?? Is it needs to be folded over the clothesline?

meaningless's picture

yes, folded over the clothlines..i do the same. and imo -> foldet in a closet ..instead of hang 'em up.

Plague's picture

All my shirts get folded and put in drawers...no hangers. I hate shirts with stretched necks! Also, when hanging on a clothesline, hang upside down if using clothespins to avoid the divots in the shoulders.

meaningless's picture

same here..yeah.stretched necks drive me crazy..

ToxikAssault's picture

Goddamit I was going to make that joke! D:<

Teresa Saggaf's picture

And waiting it till dry :D lol. You are really romantic person dude \m/

NoranaC's picture

+1

Teresa Saggaf's picture

..and throw it into the trash-bag. ha ha lol

BlackMetalRights's picture

I cut the sleeves off my shirts 90% of the time

Blüdrayne's picture

i ALWAYS flip my shirts inside out to wash. always. saves wear on the print.

TheSomberlain1995's picture

i mostly hand wash my shirts
but when you machine wash them then wash 30 degrees or less + wash with like colours + inside out and use a special for black shirts made detergent

Teresa Saggaf's picture

Hey guys. In my place,if it got dry with folded, it will leave a mark like soap crust or something.
Is it need washed manually?

Mad Ghost's picture

Perhaps,some tropical or hot place could make it happen.

Blüdrayne's picture

i've gotten that before sometimes, though rarely. try switching soaps?
or rinse more? maybe because its not rinsed properly before drying?

slayerslayer's picture

a little known , or atleast little talked about fact , if you buy a new printed shirt , to stop the paint from cracking a little bit longer - tip..
1 . feed new shirt on ironing board ( so only one piece of cloth is between the board and you, dont just lay the shirt on the board)
2 . use some newspaper , usually 2 or 3 sheets , and lay them over the print
3. use a warm iron on top of the newspaper for about 2-3 minutes .

this bakes the paint on your new shirt , and usually it will
last a little bit longer before the print begins to degrade , say 50 washes , as opposed to 10.

step 4 . as Doctor death recommended - take it out for a beer soaked romantic evening, hopefully with some sweat and cigarette smoke ( and a night of metal mayhem ).. hope this helps .
also , turn them inside out before washing . this will help to lengthen the shirts life.

Hypercube's picture

Damn, that sounds brilliant. Maybe should do an experiment to buy two similar shirts, use the method above on one and wash them together like 20 times. Then put them next to another and see if there is a difference.

Mad Ghost's picture

please remember about water PH in several place was not same.

Teresa Saggaf's picture

I already know about this to avoid the cracks.

Teresa Saggaf's picture

I'd ever once use a mineral water. and it result is absolutely clean. But I might not buy a gallon of mineral water constantly every time to wash.

Teresa Saggaf's picture

Yeah. It sound technically make sense, I did not notice it before.
Ha ha. Throw your candles to me, but do not let it burn yourself.

Teresa Saggaf's picture

Ha ha ha. Then I'll better booking some room at local hospital for our romances. :* lol

581,359 items in the gallery, 885,098 comments, and 659 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments