TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > Tutorials / How To / Where To

German all over kutte removing front pockets

DeadAir666
Wed, 28/07/2021 - 03:19

I’ve seen many jackets with patches covering the whole chest including the pockets. How do you go about removing the pockets?

bad_american1992's picture

Get a good pair of scissors, I have a titanium pair that's great at cutting through denim. Snip off the 'latch' part of the pocket first, then cut the 'pocket part open right down the middle and carefully snip off each flap. You can get it fairly flush with the rest of the jacket that way.

Bayernpirat's picture

Removing all pockets isn´t a good idea because sometimes you have to store sometimes small things like lighters, money, catched guitar pics...
but if you want to remove, usean sharp cardboard knife to cut through the seams

slayerslayer's picture

..its not that hard , just tools man, or determination

Agathus's picture

I use a seam ripper to detach pockets. It's a very clean method and lets you transfer the pocket intact to the inside of your battlejacket.

Askure's picture

I completely agree with this. Removing the pocket with a seam ripper from the inside without destroying the integrity of the exterior denim is the best way to go. It saves you the hassle of accidentally cutting up the denim and nets you extra scrap denim or a new pocket backing.

doctordeath's picture

have you tried using your brain?

quixotic's picture

But then you have brain all over your Kutte...

bad_american1992's picture

Lmao

quixotic's picture

You should use a blowtorch, otherwise the seam will unravel all the time. Trust me, you need the middle part of the blue flame, don't be afraid just go right in with it.

doctordeath's picture

+1 if you hit it hot enough with enough flame, the stitching will pretty much evaporate before anything happens to the pocket (also works with patches, but works better with the older softer patches)

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments