TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Best way to sell cd's?

swedeaddict
Fri, 17/03/2023 - 09:47

Hi all,

A friend of mine has asked me to sell his collection of black/death/thrash metal cd's. What would be the best way?
- Discogs?
- Piece by piece on TS?
- Ebay?
- Make a topic and send out a list to everyone interested or attach the list to the topic?

Bands included: Behemoth, Taake, Samael, Isengard, Brutal Truth, Darkthrone, Blasphemy, Watain, Abigail, Beherit, Urgehal, Gorefest, ....

Thx!!

Kofuv6's picture

Discogs prob

invisible-horizons's picture

eBay

andermatten's picture

post the list here, no prices. anyone interested must pm you

Samppa666's picture

Apparently the sellers discogs fee is massive so a list in a forum would be cheaper.

If there are no big ticket items in the collection and you/your friend doesnt want to live with the hassle of sending 1-3 CDs per different buyers the rest of the year; you could just show the collection to your local recordstore and ask how much will they give you for it.

swedeaddict's picture

a local record store? what's that? :)

Samppa666's picture

Just like the pyramids they are majestic memories of an ancient civilization. :D

bad_american1992's picture

If you are good at cold calling, you can find guys on websites like TSS or Discogs and reach out to them with what you have, vs waiting for a fish to bite. Check people's want lists and see if they're looking for what you've got!

swedeaddict's picture

thx...good suggestion

Lord Cthulhu's picture

In my experience, Discogs will usually get you a higher price than eBay per CD but you can only sell items individually, whereas it could be worth looking into doing a job-lot on eBay? It also depends if you can be bothered to post out lots of individual parcels to multiple buyers, as Samppa666 said. Don't underestimate how long that takes to do!

In terms of fees, I think eBay charges more than Discogs per transaction according to Google (may vary per country, but here in the UK it's 12.8% per sale + 30p fixed fee for eBay, whereas Discogs is about 8%)

I guess another option could be Facebook Marketplace?