TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > Tutorials / How To / Where To

Sewing on leather

alla2465
Wed, 31/10/2012 - 15:12

So I need some help on how to sew patches on a leather jacket, sewing by hand ofcourse. Do I just do like I would on denim or what is the best way to sew patches onto a leather jacket? Would love to get some help on this. :)

DevilzForce's picture

yep, you need leather needles otherwise you will fuck up your hands and your jacket ! and make sure you are happy with patch placement as every hole you poke in the leather will be visible !!

alla2465's picture

Thanks for the help!

Mental-Vortex's picture

I have no experience with those leather needles,but it seems like a good solution. I have only sewn on leather once,and yeah...I ended up having more holes in my hands than my jacket ;)

Plague's picture

Yeah, leather needle. Also a thimble is absolute! I used some plyers to pull the needle through once it poked out. Good Luck!

Evilution E5150's picture

when i did my leather BLS vest i got a friend of my dads who owns a canvas company to do it on his huge Industrial Sewing Machine because my mum didnt have any needs big enough to go through it

571,176 items in the gallery, 881,612 comments, and 555 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments

• Who made these?
  • Love the Rat Fink-esq back print!
  • Full flames brother!!! Really nice stitching \m/
  • Nice stitching ! Work of art
  • Killer! Really nice skull pile patch \m/
  • Thank you! Only the worthy get sewn (or pinned) on!
  • cool
  • Love!!
  • Looks great! Damn good bands on there!
  • BHMOXM. These are sold out.
  • Yeayo!
  • Cheers 😎
  • Yasss hyped to finally catch them live soon^^ They pressed 100 of this version with the swag, and 400 regular colour vin
  • One of my favourite TON designs ever!
  • nice poster
  • The only Pantera shirt in my collection :D