TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > EBay or other finds

Discogs.

archive
Sun, 13/05/2018 - 12:31

So i ordered in the past a couple of times from Discogs.My experiences aren't that good.Stuff that got not send,or never reached location after buying it from the seller.What's your experience?After message them they don't reply back,or tell they will send it.Now i have one order running of a tape which should be shipped 3 weeks ago.So far nothing!He replied back if cancelling the order and getting a refund,or if i still wanted the tape,with that he would send some extras.I agreed in him sending the tape.So far nothing...

maanelyst's picture

There are a lot of different sellrs, look feedbacks :)

Gorejuicexxx's picture

Ive bought cds from you a few times and i got to say... great seller!

Stronthor's picture

I stopped buying stuff from there 15 years ago after a string of deals gone wrong. From what I hear nothing has changed. Lots of unreliable and irresponsible sellers, blatant overpricing etc. Great tool to catalog your own collection, but I'm staying the fuck away from the marketplace.

oldmate's picture

I have just started. I have had no issues. I think I have got about 10 things from there now. I just make sure I dont get things from places with shitty postal services or where they are known to make bootlegs.

Nuclear Bear's picture

I had 50+ purchases there and has very few problems. Once I guy sent me the record (which it supposedly should have been near mint) with a damaged cover, I wrote him and got a refund. Besides the first angry feeling (and a cover in a bad state) everything was good.
I usually ask for pics of the actual item I'm buying and never pay "as a friend" on PayPal cause for any issue it might occur, at least you have a "protection".
If the seller isnt willing to send pics or he doesnt seem trustworthy I usually avoid him.

Chemical Burn's picture

I've mainly had good experiences with Discogs. It's just like any marketplace, some sellers are going to be unreliable. People have the same problems on eBay. People have the same problems here.

CHRISTSODOMIZER's picture

Iโ€™ve bought off discogs hundreds of times from all over the world Iโ€™ve never had one problem

meaningless's picture

*finger crossing* :)

meaningless's picture

hm..no idea how many stuff i bought there so far..maybe 20 records or so..., never had a problem. No matter from where the seller is.
Canada, USA, Germany, UK, Austria, Russia..etc.

meaningless's picture

some ppl are just a bit slow...i guess, if the 'selling stuff' isnt their main.work to gain money.. :)

Gorejuicexxx's picture

Ive been using discogs for years and only had one problem With an expensive pungent stench cd. The seller dissapeared and never sent the cd. So filed a claim at paypal and voila!
Problem solved

nameless_rites's picture

Seems like 90% of the Discogs sellers are from countries will bullshit postal services like Greece or Italy, you end up paying like $15 shipping on a $12 CD so I rarely use the marketplace. The catalog tool is great. Even if you don't get an order you can just file a PayPal claim like ebay so no real worries.

nameless_rites's picture

Its because the Italian postal service is like some 3rd world banana republic, anything that isn't registered will likely be opened/stolen. Greece as well, German shipping is pretty good though. Canada is probably the worst... I live in Washington and all the towns along the Canadian border are full of shipping service stores for all the Canadian online merchants... They cross the border regularly and use USPS to ship their wares as Canada post prices are fucking astronomical.

Tina Taem 22's picture

i also got Experience from Discogs i've been ordering so many Vinyls and CDs there from sellers from around the World and shipped quickly to the US where i lived.

andermatten's picture

why is archive posting a thread? is it alive?

dinosaurs_can_fly's picture

I started buying from Discogs one year ago and never had a problem. My first purchase was the best purchase I've ever done in my life: the seller sold me the first two Children Of Bodom CD singles with a big discount and added the third single signed by the bassist FOR FREE! And even added three sticker tattoos lol.
So far I've bought from Finland, Russia, Netherlands, Portugal and France and everything went well, usually checking the reviews helps.

EvilAnvil's picture

There is a guy in Spain that overprices his stuff a lot on Discogs, then he goes to the festivals with the same stuff still overpriced but 20โ‚ฌ less expensive, just to push people to compare the price at the festival and the price on Discogs.

So he owns the clients with this strategy, making people buy just because "Look! It is even more expensive on Discogs!", but both are the same guy selling the very same item.

BASTARD.

Sam_the_Metal_Man's picture

I've used Discogs for a while now and have had very few problems. Most of my purchases are for CD's and not vinyl or tape, so there is less to be worried about, but the only issues I have ever had were with a couple of sellers using less than adequate packing. I have lost a CD that way, but given that I've bought close to a hundred albums by this point, that's a really good ratio.

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments