TShirtSlayer

Young metalhead here, need advices for my first battle jacket

OmeletteDuFromage
Wed, 12/04/2017 - 20:16

Hi there fellow metalheads ! \m/
I'm new to the forum, I'm 17 years old and willing to make my very own, first battle jacket \m/

But as it's my first one and I'm young and stupid, I have a few questions.

I think I may keep the sleeves on it, because it may look a bit better, and the denim jacket was offered to me for my birthday so I am not willing to ruin it

1/ How many patches can fit/do I need on a battle jacket ?
I am not that tall and kinda skinny so it is S-sized.
I actually have 2 patches, and ordered 9 patches but I will only receive the package in a few weeks.
There's still a lot of patches I want, from a lot of different bands, but I'm afraid it won't fit. Plus it's expensive as shit

2/ The battle jacket is actually blue, but i think it will look better in black, as I mostly have black and white (or grey and red) patches, and I think denim jackets look better in black, but sleeveless denim vests look better in blue.
So I will dye it black, my parents have black dye (I don't know what the fuck it is called in english but it's the shit you put in boiling water)
Do I need to bleach the jacket first for it not to turn dark blue instead of black ?
And also, is there a risk it will end up ruined if I bleach it ? Will I need to dye it multiple times ? I do not care if it's not completely black, if it's a little grey-ish, it'll do

3/ Do you know a website where I can buy patches, with a large choice, if possible cheap or affordable, and ship them to France (and please without 150 dollars for the shipping)
I think I will buy a few patches from the TSS community but it will depend on the price and the shipping.

4/ I saw a few battle jackets with studded shoulders, I think studs and spikes look cool as fuck, but someone told me it looks retarded. What do you think ?
I mostly saw battle jackets without studs in this website, so I wonder what you guys think. I don't give a fuck about what non-metalheads think

5/ How much time does it take to sew on a patch ? I can't sew for shit, but my parents and my sister will teach me soon, I just wanna estimate how much time I'll spend on this shit

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous guesses

Recent Comments

• indeed it actually seems like a modern version of the haywain...bosch had influenced a lot of bands like for example kre
  • Ughhh I need to find one of these soooo bad
  • they sell this online man
  • The best one
  • For Sale pls :/ *__*
  • They shut it down? I mean Hard Rock.
  • Totally! I only heard first Pain album & gave it up.
  • got cloaked in the office. so its a soft style Gildan.
  • I know... we dont want that. But peter should focus on hypocrisy more than pain... my opinion
  • I saw them in 2005 at the hard rock cafe... thats right! At the restaurant.
  • Last one was 5 years ago or. Its about time. On the other hand, I am glad they don't release albums every year.
  • Much more variety in his vocals. Previous vocalist was a bit limited in range. Saw them live back in September.
  • Same here. They don't frequent Americas. Probably work full time somewhere to make a buck.
  • I remember Metal Maniacs :) Went Downtown once a month to get Maniacs & Bravewords.
  • Ive never seen them live :(
  • Yeahh i think mortus gave marduk a breath of fresh air

Poll

Have you seen SLAYYERR live ?
There are 226,674 entries in the gallery and 695,131 comments, and 109 items have changed hands in the last month!!

TShirtSlayer is the worlds largest community of people interested in heavy metal tshirts and battlejackets, upload some of your tshirts or jackets!

Why not Join us or Login