TShirtSlayer

Windhand + Cough Aus/NZ tour

Styok
Tue, 24/01/2017 - 06:49

This is going to be amazing. Life Is Noise are legends.
There were rumours that Cough were going to tour down here, and I was hoping Windhand would tag along, but I still shat my pants when it was actually announced.

Wellington – San Fran – March 31
Auckland – Kings Arms – April 1
Brisbane – Crowbar – April 2
Sydney – Newtown Social – April 5
Adelaide – Fowlers Live – April 6
Melbourne – Corner Hotel – April 7
Perth – Badlands – April 8

Who's coming? I'm not sure yet if I'll be at the Melbourne show or the Brisbane one, but I sure as hell don't plan on missing this.
Supports haven't been announced yet. Hopefully Lizzard Wizzard, Merchant and Space Bong will be in there somewhere.

Event date: 
Friday, March 31, 2017
Event Country: 
Australia
Who is going?
LikkedbyDeath,
stevenICB,
Styok
Are you attending?

DoctorDeath

this should be great!!

Overactive Imagination

Windhand are my favorite band besides Sabbath! :)

Aaron Argersinger

have all there stuff..good tour with sleep.

ajnin

I am not into these bands, but it might still be worth me going to check them out.. something different for me :)

stevenICB

Killer show the other night in Brissy. An old Sunn amp caught fire during Cough's set and the place was evacuated

Styok

Wait, really? Holy shit that's perfect.
I thought the craziest thing that had happened so far (apart from the doubtless amazing performances) was the Auckland show getting shut down by a noise complaint.

stevenICB

Yep. A member of Cough put the fire out with a beer, but the firies had already arrived, so everyone was evacuated. We were shortly allowed back in, and Cough continued for another few songa, before Windhand went on

Styok

Well, I shall be at the Melbourne show tomorrow night. This will be one hell of a time.
Looks like there's a huge array of sweet merch on offer, too... I'll probably bankrupt myself.

Styok

Well, that was insanely good.
Unfortunately Inverloch had to pull out due to some kind of medical emergency, but two members of Cough stepped in as Sinister Haze to fill the void with some spooky ambient guitar-and-organ shenanigans. Was actually very enjoyable, although it's a shame the touring bands didn't get to see Inverloch.

Merchant were amazing as always. A good jump-start to the neck punishment that would continue throughout the evening.
Cough and Windhand were both excellent, I'd be hard-pressed to choose a favourite. I've listened to Windhand a lot more in the past, so maybe I was a bit more excited to see them overall, but both bands blew me away. I feel like Cough might have toned down their usual amount of feedback, which was probably a good thing as they were still crushingly loud even from fairly far back.

I got closer to the front during Windhand's set, and thanks to some DIY earplugs I made in the toilets I actually escaped with some hearing intact. Shame I can't say the same about my funds, considering the merch I bought... but still, it was worth it. Great stuff.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous guesses

Recent Comments

Poll

Do you listen to bands that are older than you?
There are 183,281 entries in the gallery and 632,749 comments, and 176 items have changed hands in the last month!!

TShirtSlayer is the worlds largest community of people interested in heavy metal tshirts and battlejackets, upload some of your tshirts or jackets!