TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > Tutorials / How To / Where To

Where do you guys store digipak?

DukeThylacine
Tue, 30/01/2018 - 18:30

Hello lads!

I know the majority of us don't like digipak because they're more easy to break/rip than the jewel case, but I reckon most of you have a few digipaks and you don't just leave them all over the floor...do ya?
Anyway, I've always tried to stay away from digipak, but a lot of bands I listen to don't even have jewel case versions of some albums. So I'm pretty annoyed by the fact that I can't hold the digi's in my regular CD holder because it literally fits the jewel case by milimeters and anything bigger than a milimeter doesn't fit in there.

Got any advice?

TheSabbathsCreed's picture

Cd towers or tall boy cd holders!!!! Smooth vanished wood that dosent mark the digis. Thinned out my cds these days and they are in seperate boxes in a cupboard now.

pan_in_ithyphallic_mirth's picture

"Thinned out"???? :S

Are u one of the types replacing all their cds with vinyl versions?

Nater90's picture

My shelfs are mostly blank ones and adjustable as some of my CDs came in DVD style cases etc

https://tshirtslayer.com/tape-vinyl-cd-recording-etc/cd-collection-march...

Blüdrayne's picture

I have very similar shelves as yours. Additionally, I have plastic sleeves for digipaks.
What's annoying is CD jewel cases that have an additional cardboard sleeve. I want to protect those as well, but they won't fit the plastic sleeves.

Nater90's picture

I do plan to get some sleeves as I've damaged some digis....

Yeah that's true shits me.

Weird... ive managed with all my buying and selling to accumulate various different plastic sleeves that discs were shipped to me in and ive had just enough to be able to put fitting sleeves on my cardboard sleeve jewelcases.

Nater90's picture

I get an average of 200 CDs a year, I will only get digis nowadays if I get bonus stuff, otherwise I tend to go standard case, My copy of Iced Earth - Something Wicked Comes This Way Pt.2 has faded...Looks like ass.

DukeThylacine's picture

Wow man.. That's a huge collection you've got there!

Nater90's picture

Haha thanks bud, That's quite outdated, That's when I had 890, I now have 1,143....I've been slack in updating, I'm out of room...Again.

DethronedEmperor23's picture

i have a special section in my collection just for digipaks, to be with other digi paks of their own kind

DukeThylacine's picture

That sounds as the most reasonable idea, but I'd like to sort them out by band later on when I expand my collection.

DethronedEmperor23's picture

In that case bookshelve have helped me a lot better, since normal cd shelves have a limited space on what kind of cds can fit

DukeThylacine's picture

Guess I'll go with that eventually. So that I can store both CD, digi and DVD of the same band in the same case.

bad_american1992's picture

I move around the country a lot so I store all my jewel cases, paper sleeves and Digipacks in a big padded Odyssey flight case. Keeps them nice and safe!

Der Todesking's picture

Very cool! These aren’t cheap tho, right?

bad_american1992's picture

Expensive, but worth it!

Jen Gruesome's picture

Quite a few of my digipack release covers are in very poor condition after many years of turns on the stereo and with handling. Right now my collection is kept in stacks in/on-top-of a bookcase. I don't like how they endure the test of time - but on that same note, it is delightful to see how much they've been enjoyed over the years.

DukeThylacine's picture

Yeah man. It's like an old vinyl case...except that vinyls are more cool, but ok :D

metalkeith's picture

I keep them on a separate shelf, so they don't get worn down from rubbing up against regular jewel cases. I also keep CDs with slipcases and sampler sleeves on that shelf for the same reason. It can be a little frustrating to keep them apart from the others since collections always look better together, but it's less frustrating than buying the CDs again.

SO.... I cant believe no one has really mentioned this yet... PLASTIC RESEALABLE SLEEVES!!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/500-Pak-RESEALABLE-Plastic-Wrap-CD-Sleeves-for-...

Ong time ago I bought a bunch of these and now ALL my digipaks and paper sleeve discs are stored in these. A key thing to look for is do NOT get the ones with the sticker strip on the flap. Get the ones with the sticker strip on the body of the bag... that way your digipak does not get caught by the sticky strip when trying to get it in the bag.

Digipaks can seem like nuisance but sometimes they can be absolutely beautiful. I think of these digipaks:
Noctes - Pandemonic Requiem: http://www.keecua.com/ofertas/images/auctions/20110529/4de251b92f2ea8.22...
Dunwich - Heilagmanoth: http://www.dunwich.it/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/h_digipack.jpg
Rotting Christ - AEALO https://metalscraprecords.com/shop/components/com_jshopping/files/img_pr...
all of which are huge with extremely elaborate artwork!

Digipaks are a great type of cd, all they need is just a little investment in their care. I use the the plastic sleeves which have been amazing in caring for them. As a result I have no problem putting the digipaks in the same shelves with my other jewel cases. So get some protective sleeves for you digipaks!

EQA's picture

This is all I do. Keeps my digis nice and mint. Holy Records had gorgeous digipaks, kinda makes them impossible to hate.

YES I just got the digipak version of Crystal Tears by On Thorns I Lay and the digipak looks so nice, kinda wish it had a booklet but its so damn big it looks great!

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments