TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

TSS is supported by ‐ monitor website changes with changedetection.io
Forums > All other metal related talk..

what's your most vintage, or hard to find metal related items ?

allamericanpatriot
Tue, 06/09/2016 - 07:21

It would be great, if we show others, our most vintage, and hard to find items, having to do with metal. Even going back to the 1960's, where the genre truly had it's start, and if your willing to part with it ?! What would it take, to part with that item ?????

Nater90's picture

My Morbid - Ancient Morbidity t shirt, and my 31 various Mayhem and Morbid releases.

https://tshirtslayer.com/other-collectable/morbid-collection

Thanks to Mike aka bad_american1992

I need to get off my ass and upload a picture of it onto my account, Hell 90% of my shirts even haha.

Nater90's picture

Haha, Yessir.

bad_american1992's picture

: )
Doctor's orders, take some pictures!

Nater90's picture

:D

Haha, Will do!

Spectrum's picture

I think Autopsy-European Tour 90 shirt

Into Glory Ride's picture

I do not have too much very vintage stuff actually.

Perhaps my Original Amorphis Shirt :
https://tshirtslayer.com/tshirt-or-longsleeve/amorphis-black-winter-day-...

allamericanpatriot's picture

If I do some digging in boxes, I have alot of 80's-90's stuff, some signed by all the band members, but it will take some searching in my large storage buildings. I've really got way to much shit, by far !

Hell, ive still got my original lynard skynard, "pronounced", albulm. Stuff from the 60's, and 70's, if I dig deep enough. If you wanta' know the truth, I think I have my great grandmas record colection back to the late 1800's. I collect everything, hahahahaha !!!? I think I even have a victrolla somewhere ?! But that stuff isn't quite metal huh ?!!!

Listening to a Slayer record on a Victrolla would be hilarious.

Never thought about trying that, lol !!! Slayer, anthrax, and death angel are going to be in st Louis, at a fairly small venue on the 22nd of this month. Thinking about taking my 14 yr old daughter to it. Give her a taste of good ol' metal with great crowd working skills !? Maybe she'll stop listening to that new boyband heavy metal, and switch to real ball crushing bands, lol !!?!! I mean.....Slayer...I mean ....SLAYER !!!! not to mention the precision of death angel, and the fun of Anthrax !!!

Hahaha right on! That's quality parenting.

I think I still have my old 45 record, I got as a kid, and played over, and over, as loud as my little plastic suitcase record player would go, of "Frankenstein" , and hearts "barracuda", along with a bunch of others like jackson 5, and stuff. I've been collecting since I was probably 6, or 7. I had every kiss album they made back in the 70's, and all the american released black Sabbath albulms, before, and after ozzy. Even in the early 70's, I was always atracted to records with the scariest artwork, even if I had no idea who they were.

Stathis's picture

Based on price I would say the most hard to find items in my collection are 2 original copies of dawn of the black hearts by bull metal 1995. I have way older vinyls and shirts too but that bootleg kinda has a legendary status.

PatchThePlanet's picture

A related thread, it will be a great read if you are interested in such matters: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44130&postdays=0&postorder=...

judascrust's picture

Most "vintage" I guess would be a misfits shirt I got on ebay some years ago, 5-6 years idk.... never seen one like it before or since, no idea if it's a boot or official - I messaged the guy I got it from & he claimed it was official merch from the mid 80s or so. Definitely a one of a kind shirt!
It's one of the 1st shirts I uploaded on here, I'd hoped someone would have some more info about it but no such luck!

Minty's picture

It's not vintage since its just from 2010 but my most valuable item is my Cannibal Corpse - Created to Kill boot signed by all 5 of the recording members. It's also my favorite item in my collection.

I have a 1984 Gibson Explorer with Dirty Finger pickups, identical to what James played on Ride the Lightning. It's Actually got it for free from a very good friend. Rarest merch would be my Sinister: Cross the Styx patch.

Cool on the explorer ! I've got a black, first production run of the Randy Rhoads sharkfin EX professional Jackson. Fell in love with it soon as they hung it on the wall. Still my favorite body style to play live with, because of it's lightness, and the cut gives you lots of room to move your leg, without tilting, and a real fast neck. But I've got a bunch of old guitars, going back to the early 60's. Actually, some acoustics from the 30's, and 40's, in storage. My newest is my custom PRS custom, 10 top, in my profile.

NocturnalOccultist's picture

My ibanez Destroyers and my leather (both in my profile) I also have some patches for my upcoming vest.

I love this site, because with all you metalheads from around the world, I'm always learning about bands I never heard of. Makes me search them out !!!

I didn't know metal is popular in some of these countries !??

DoctorAMDC's picture

Metal is everywhere. North , central , south america , carribean , Africa , Middle East ,Asia , Oceania (Includes Australia) and Europe. I recommend Metal Archives since they have a list sorting bands of a lot of countries.

Thanks. No matter how old you get, as long your open to new knowledge, you never stop learning !!

Nater90's picture

'Straya cunt!

Der Todesking's picture

Probably my Reign In Pain tour shirt from Slayer (1987).

MonoWhisper763's picture

A midnight raglan that was limited to 66 copies. I cut the sleeves off. so there goes its value haha..
Aside from that,I'm guessing my DRI backpatch

Nater90's picture

Thought of another one, My copy of Velvet Robe - La Seance Haunted limited to 30 worldwide, Missing a pin though...Fucking pisses me off.

http://www.metal-archives.com/images/3/2/9/1/329103.jpg?0836

DoctorAMDC's picture

Eternal Night- Heavens Kingdom will be yours CD. Its not sold anymore and almost impossible to find. I got it via Discogs and there was only one pressing. The CD is from 1995. Power metal

Saga Worlds Apart First press on Vinyl

Saga Heads or Tales 1984 Tour Tshirt. My mom gave it to me as a gift since we both like that band and she doesnt fits on the shirt anymore.

Saga is a progressive rock band that has inspired many metal bands.

MasterDeath's picture

Some of my precious stuff: LP from 1982. signed by Lemmy, Philthy and Fast Eddie. A CD signed by Quorthon. Signed letter from Euronymous, Burzum tape and 2x Mayhem tapes made by Euronymous. Original December Moon and Last Supper tapes. LP signed by Chuck Schuldiner and a CD signed by Chuck Schuldiner and Scott Clendenin. Chuck's used guitar pick. Pantera CD signed by Dimebag + 3x Dimebag's picks (one used when the CD was signed). 2x tapes from Jim Konya. Emperor tape from Samoth + his guitar pick... And many more of similar, nice goodies.

That signed stuff is pretty cool, and the picks. I'm sure you have some stories getting them !

MasterDeath's picture

I share stories with my uploads all the time, will share the rest when I upload all my stuff here one day!

L.MONGREL's picture

masterdeath, this drink is to you, well done sir.

MasterDeath's picture

Now I have to open a cold one too haha! Cheers man!

Nater90's picture

So much epicness!!!!

I'm buying you a keg if we meet haha.

MasterDeath's picture

Haha! I never tasted 'Strayan beer before!

Nater90's picture

Its shit, I wouldn't do that to you...

Foreign beers beat shitty 'Strayan, It's like horse piss.

MasterDeath's picture

Thanks for being honest haha!

Nater90's picture

No problem mate, Telling it like it is haha.

MasterDeath's picture

I forgot to mention, Nater, you will love this haha. I also have 2x Reh. Mayhem tapes made by Dead and a CD signed by Jon Nödtveidt, some stuff signed by Necrobutcher + his pick, LP's from Fenriz +++++...

Nater90's picture

Please excuse me whilst I cry in jealousy haha.

That's really fucking cool man! You have some real gems.

I've got that stuff too, and drum sticks, from back in the late 80's-early 90's. Most the time I chose not to act like a fan, and share some beers, and equipment talk. Once you ask for an autograph, it seems like your in a different category to musicians, and they treat you different. That's why I like small venues, with a seperate bar, away from the stage floor, where they can relax, before, and after their set. But you can't seem to eager, or your just a fan. Timing is crucial to catch them in the right mood to really open up !

MasterDeath's picture

I was drinking with bands, sharing stories and joking all the time. And I never noticed that they placed me in a different category after I asked for an autograph. Every time I got a really positive response! You could see the appreciation on their faces when you brought an LP or a poster and such to get signed, and they see that you cherish their work. I'm not acting like a fanboy, screaming like a girl or showing devil horns up their nose. I'm not pushy and I don't want to bother them, but I always get called back when I want to go away hahah, or they tell me to with them later again. Probably that's why I received plenty of cool stuff + a privilege to enter shows for free. Small venues are always great! It's nice how bands or some bands at least go out and hang out with their fans! It doesn't matter if you ask for an autograph or not, it depends on you how they will behave when you talk to them. Nobody likes to be annoyed!

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you, that wasn't my intent. I do, however, know that you have to be good to your fans, because that is the teet you feed from as any artist. But when musicians are being honest with each other, we vent. I'm really glad you've had such great experiences ! But knowing what I do, from decades of experience in the music industry, in every facet from musician, to rigger, promoter, to sales, and everything inbetween, it's the story behind the story. The old saying, "you get more flies with honey, than you do with vinegar", rings absolutely true for the music industry. You learn that real quick ! I mean no offense, but it's par for the course. In other words, you don't make it far, if you don't play the game ! Why do you think bands get burnt out on the road, hold their down time so dearly. ? Without that, you break, or loose sanity, like so many have, thats when you loose everything you worked so hard to build. It's just a fact in this business. Any old musician that's delt with alot of it, will tell you these facts. They pass this knowledge on to younger bands, and tell them to separate the road, from home. Like I said, nothing personal, just hard earned knowledge !

MasterDeath's picture

I understand you. And no offense taken man! I just shared my experience like you shared yours.

There's also good fans, bad fans, and the inbetween, that aren't that noticeable.

cambotero's picture

My official Youthanasia Backpatch, only seen twice. My Epidemic - The truth of what will be CD since i declined offers from 100-150€ for it I think its quite rare

Interesting !

gloriousdeath's picture

Most vintage would be early Ronnie Dio stuff... uploaded a Ronnie Dio & the Prophets 7" from 1962 https://tshirtslayer.com/tape-vinyl-cd-recording-etc/ronnie-dio-prophets... ... got more of that stuff, still got to take pix ... also got pre- Deep Purple stuff like the Artwoods, The Flower Pot Men, Episode Six, MI5, The Maze, a lot of Screaming Lord Sutch and the countless bands Blackmore was involved in as a session guitarist...it's great to listen to stuff that was there at the start of it all !!!!!!

Cool, I'm no troll, just old and bored, talking about stuff. To all you young people, take my advice, be that good fan ?! Look for that right moment, don't force it, particularly when their really busy, or when you see them agitated, or focused on something. Makes for a bad experience for everyone. When you see them alone at a bar, ease your way in, don't rush them. It's always better to make a connection, rather than a hit and run, you just might make a road friend ?

humus's picture

Both old and valuable is my original copy of the Irish coffee LP. Belgian hard rock released in 1971, and been known to sell in the 4-digit amount range.
The singer still performs as Irish coffee, and when I saw him a few years back he dedicated a song to the road where he grew up. Although he's much older than me, this is the same road where I spent the first 24 years of my life. And where my mother has been living for over 60 years now. So besides for the good music, I like this record a lot because of it's local roots.

Wow ! Never heard of irish coffee before, so I had to look them up. Definitely the trippy hippy sound of the time ! That's pretty cool, and definitely vintage !! Sounds like it would've fit right in at Woodstock.

humus's picture

For some odd reason they never had their breakthrough, not even in Belgium. They only sold around 2000 copies of the vinyl, which did become kind of a cult one in the record collector circles.
Fun fact: they opened up for Motorhead way back in 1980 on their first Belgian gig. But they thought Motorhead was crap and couldn't play their instruments haha. Guess Motorhead was too extreme for people who grew up on rock 'n roll back in the 50's and 60's.

Known history has not recorded so much of true facts, and probably millions of bands, that never got picked up by major labels and had mega amounts of money, and power, thrown behind them to succeed financially for the label. Big business, feeds, big business ! I could go on forever, with all the bands that got more than they deserved, and others who got screwed !!!!

miercolespicante's picture

I have some "Metal Medallo" stuff like a Lluvia Negra 7" with the same name and a HP.HC 7" called Thrash/Hardcore/Punk. ‎I also have some other rare stuff like a mislabeled double LP from Cough (Ritual Abuse) and a Satanic Malfunction LP Discgrace to Humanity that has the replaced cover because the original one was damaged. But I am not sure how rare are the last two...

sandmanforce's picture

Pantera far beyond driven CD fully signed when they played here Budapest. Guitar pick from Jeff Hanneman 1994 Budapest gig. STRESS hungarian metal legend fully signed LP. Photo with Dave Lombardo.

sandmanforce's picture

My best hard to find item: GLACIER EP. in true great condition. Price was 3 euro... extremly fortunate.

Mary Gore's picture

Hmm, I have a Grotesque demo shirt and a Blue Öyster Cult shirt from 79

Heinz's picture

Guess this is old for Dissection, and kinda rare. It will take a Macabre Dahmer longsleeve in XL to part with it. Anyone?
https://tshirtslayer.com/tshirt-or-longsleeve/dissection-past-alive-0

Goatshrine's picture

Probably my original Possessed Eyes of Horror shirt. Other vintage stuff I have is Beherit- Oath of Black Blood and Drawing Down the Moon (both 1st press), Sadistic Intent- Resurrection first press CD, Sarcofago Rotting first press, as well as some vintage patches from Celtic Frost and Sodom.

joecubbie's picture

Probably the original pressing of Grim Reality by Macabre. Only 1,000 were pressed.

xenokrist_97's picture

My Morbid Angel - Domination long sleeve is probably the most valuable in my collection, and it's a misprint (no front print). From what I can gather though, it was sold during the 1996 Australian tour. But I love it regardless.

I wanna thank everyone for their cooperation, and input here, about their vintage, hard to find stuff ! It's really interesting. Keep it up people !!

Cthulhu1999's picture

Not sure if this counts but I have a ton of old Diamondhead and Anthrax tapes. I also know my dad owns an original pressing of KISS hotter than hell and a few other hard rock and hair metal acts.

Necro Rican's picture

Some of the rarest and very hard to find metal cds I bought are:

-Destruction- Sentence of Death/Infernal Overkill compiliation cd 1st press by Stemhammer/SPV Records released in 1988. I bought it in a local walmart and I was very lucky to find it.

-Hellhammer Demon Entrails compilation cds Century Media reissue released in 2008

-Sargeist Tyrrany Returns Moribound Records cd version released in 2005 bought in a local sears music store

-Holy Moses Finished With The Dogs Locomotive Records cd version reissue released in 2006 bought in the same store

-And a book called Choosing Death, The Improbable History of Death Metal & Grindcore by Albert Murdian released in 2003.

Into Glory Ride's picture

I remembered some Stuff:

- I used to have the Original Silencer longsleeve, but sold it on this site (Cheers, man!)
- The very first Urfaust Shirt that was ever released
- The very first Kroda Shirt that was ever released
- The "Wurzelgeister" Compilation LP, which is quite rare
- The Walknut LP, which goes for about 200€ at the moment on Discogs.
- Some older Portal 7"s that are also quite rare if i am not wrong.
- Some Death Metal First Press CDs

NEC's picture

Unsed Human, Altar of Madness, Cenotaph BP and some rare HMSS LP.

Orc Doom's picture

I have a Sodom Agent Orange BP. I don't think it is vintage but might be rare because I've never seen another one

nameless_rites's picture

My Left Hand Path US tour longsleeve and a bunch of first press CDs

Zek's picture

In Tshirts, I only have my Gorguts european tour from 93.
I also have some patches from early '90s.
Not metal, but hard rock, my mother gave me the Deep Purple - Black Night/Speed King LP from 1970.

Vombatus's picture

Rare stuff, I'd say Bolt Thrower - For Victory LP, Urfaust/Circle of Ouroborus - Split LP or Ghost - Opus Eponymous (all first press) are quite hard to find. A Revenge promo from a few years back through Osmose Productions ("Revenge – Retaliation.Doom.Eradication" white 7"), haven't seen many of these around.
Also have quite a few limited obscure BM stuff, guess that's hard to find too!

Also have a few classic LPs first press like Dio - Holy Diver, King Diamond - Abigail or Kreator - Terrible Certainty. Not sure if hard to find, but certainly vintage.

Thrashattck94's picture

I have an uber rare Rush patch on my main denim jacket, and a Summoning EP. I consider those very rare to get.

Nepenthae's picture

Apparently my Epicus Doomicus Metallicus patch is supposed to be pretty rare, according to some friends. I thought it was pretty usual on the site, and that mine was just cut down and shaped by someone with an overlocker, but I notice there's a subtle difference in that most people have printed ones (mine is all stitched), or ones that only say Epic Doom Metal, rather than the full name of the album. Probably just a knock-off though, the quality is awful!

578,923 items in the gallery, 884,231 comments, and 670 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments