TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > TShirt Talk

What's the most you've ever spent on a t-shirt or piece of merchandise?

Attitude
Sun, 19/04/2020 - 22:18

I spent around $100 for an Anthrax blue hooded sweater from 1989 similar to the one on the photos, several years ago.

klokateer616's picture

Probably about £70 for a trash hoodie at a festival because I was freezing my tits off, we'll see what this website holds though! Haha

Kofuv6's picture

150 euro for a Storm of the Lights bane painting by Necrolord 50x50. Bought it from him when he had a exhibition at Jönköping Metal Fest in early March this year

Attitude's picture

That has to be very cool!

Kofuv6's picture

Definitely, he is a super chill person, im gonna save up some money now and buy a Nordland painting from him as well but I might go for a 70x70 then, idk if he does bigger however

bad_american1992's picture

Post a picture in your gallery!

Kofuv6's picture

Noticed today that haven't posted it here yet, gimme 10 minutes

Attitude's picture

Well, it's up to each person. If someone wants to reply, fine if not that's fine too. It's not necessary to get all the details or the exact amount paid. I have all the respect for people that spend their money on whatever they want.

I'm just trying to generate some conversation about the love of band t-shirts.

George21's picture

Especially with our wives😅😅😅😅😅

SolveMyMath's picture

Haha, when I quited drinking, I promised myself to spend saved money on supporting TSS. Win-win!

PGoretzka's picture

site won't load on my cpu... :-/

I spent $3500 on a Slayer sticker one time

TheSomberlain1995's picture

hahahahah that's horrible dude

...luckily the Chevy Trailblazer it was attached to was free ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Kofuv6's picture

Lmao

MasterDeath's picture

Hahahaha

George21's picture

I think my first satyricon polo longsleeve copy was my absolute highest purchase

Hliðskialf's picture

30€ for Nuclear Assault - Survive CD by Under One Flag

Worth every penny

SolveMyMath's picture

70€ for this record.
https://www.discogs.com/LWS-Inc-Reality/release/1768967

My girlfriend's supervisor asked me to write her a CV, and I spent like 3 hours on doing that. So I just thought: fuck, if these are the easiest money I have earned, I need to find the easiest way to spend them. :D

TheSomberlain1995's picture

180 euros for the satyricon shadowthrone LS... got offered 500 for it though a few years later

MasterDeath's picture

120€ for a Deathcrush record. I talked to a guy over mail and I thought that I will receive the press from DSP but got the 1st Press instead.
I also spent 350$ for the Yellow Goat but I thought that the Deathcrush story is a bit better haha.

KleptoSkuld's picture

The most I ever spent?? probably my dignity

Hárbarðr's picture

$100 for a Satyricon - Nemesis Divina white longsleeve, but that must have been back in 2011/2012. Traded it for a shirt i like even more a couple years ago.

TRV3Y's picture

at first it was 56$ on a vintage warlock back patch but it was beat 2 days ago, i bought 3 new vintage green border master of puppets patch for 60$

Vnagasaki's picture

The most I've spent on a single shirt in general was around 250$.

primordial_hordes's picture

Somebody on ebay paid € 955 for an obsessed by cruelty original shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hammerheart's picture

'Sodomoney - Obsessed by vintage'

Did they actually pay after winning the auction is the question! Loads of Non-Paying-Buyers on eBay these days

MorticiA's picture

$45 for my MayheM DotB.H. backpatch.

My 2nd runner ups are:
* Napalm Death - Scum $30. Bootleg 4inx4in (10cmx10cm,) 100% woven brand spank'n new. 'Love it.
* Bolt Thrower - Realm of Chaos $30. Red logo/Typography with Yellow border. I know there are a few versions of this with a Red Border or Black Border with silver Logo stitching, but I don't know which is first edition. Pretty sure all versions are official; with exception of the recent bootlegs with limited colors.
'Super stoked about both of these cause I haven't seen either available on TSS since my time being here, and I know I saved a shit ton of money and time; especially Bolt Thrower. Damn thing has got me so pumped up I've been binging on Warhammer 40k lore for weeks... DON'T see the official movie that came out in 2010, it's a total piece of SHIT (rating: 0.6/10,) the Bolter Rifle sounds were the ONLY good thing about it; though the fan made Astartes project is FUCKING GREAT.

Askure's picture

Rather than how much I have spent on one thing, I'd like to say how little I spent on one thing. My two prized shirts:

$25 for my Megadeth Mary Jane So Far So Good So What Tour shirt from '88 that usually go for around $300 here and some other sites.

$1 for my Robert Plant Non-Stop Go Tour shirt also from '88 that I found at a goodwill 5 years ago. Still hyped about that find till this day.

the conjuror's picture

That's good business!!!

Morbid_Welshman's picture

Probably £40 for my 1995 Cradle of Filth UK Tour longsleeve, but that's about my limit.

carl_ludlow39's picture

Ya better believe it

nameless_rites's picture

Sometimes I sell a shirt for a ridiculous price just to justify buying one. Last week I sold an old Emperor hoodie for $170 so I could buy a Summoning hoodie for $150, it's more like a trade than a buy

Value record: in 2004 I bought an Entombed original Left Hand Path tour long sleeve for $15

the conjuror's picture

My dearest purchases aren't expensive retro merch. Probably my Blind Guardian box set. It was over £100.
I have a couple of Megadeth jackets as well. About £90 for the winter army style coat.
I could never bring myself to shell out for the Metallica box sets!!

Thane's picture

Probably $60~ on my Warbringer hoodie. I try to buy things that aren't super expensive haha

warmonger's picture

I never bought all too rare shirts or stuff, my most valuable and most appreciated piece of merchandise is a Desaster - Satan's Soldiers Syndicate sweatshirt (the first limited one that came out with the album, with this glorious "more corpses for the grave" backprint), which I got from a dear friend. That symbolic worth is more important to me than the collector's value, that's for sure.

Merchandise: approx. 40€ for a vintage Perscution Mania backpatch

LP: 38€ for this Blood Money LP, which was still unplayed back then: https://tshirtslayer.com/tape-vinyl-cd-recording-etc/1-blood-money-red-r...
LP-Boxes: Might be either Tank or Darkness LP box sets, ranging somewhere between 40 and 50€ I guess

Deadin90210's picture

My BM collection has been pretty brutal on my wallet but one mans trash is another mans trash that they value more I guess ? Thanks to TSS I’ve been able to score some gems and talk with cool people here’s a list of the wallet slayers I’ve recently purchased :
BURZUM Filosofem LS -150
BURZUM ASKE LS- 230 (not purchased here)
Darkthrone LS-230
Vintage Venom “Bloodlust” Backpatch -70

First T shirt I’ve purchased that was an absolute wallet slayer for me :
Samhain Initium short sleeve - 120

If you want to continue the wallet slayer action going on here sell me your Satyricon Shadowthrone gear....

George21's picture

Try to find any Varg made or DSP burzum merch and you'll realise that the prices you've mentioned are not enough for a sleeve 😄😄😄

Deadin90210's picture

I have !!! The only thing that stopped me was insufficient funds in my account Followed by a error page due to it 🤣thanks btw !

George21's picture

It was a joke btw, I'm not trying to offend you or something in case you took it wrong mate

Deadin90210's picture

Of course not ! I think some people here would be more offended that I was willing to pay these prices based off what they’re cap/limits seem to be

Deadin90210's picture

I’ll be keeping an eye out on your collection very envy breeding stuff you have !!!

ThomasThrash's picture

I recently paid $34 for a modern bootleg, it is very rare though.

Not the most I’ve paid. A bit though.

Metalmate's picture

None of my stuff is worth anything.

humus's picture

I just checked all the shirts I uploaded here and the most expensive one was Motorhead - Heavy sound festival 1984 for which I paid €70 a decade ago (still haven't seen another one of those, was probably a band/crew exclusive). I'm not a high roller but instead I have been a good bargain hunter all my life.

quixotic's picture

I paid 70€ for a Maiden Longsleeve once: https://tshirtslayer.com/tshirt-or-longsleeve/iron-maiden-rainbow-eddie-...

And my favourite unique piece I spend the most on is my Mantar-Lamp: https://tshirtslayer.com/other-collectable/mantar-lamp

DeathFuckinMetal's picture

Over $100 for the Bolt Thrower shirt i have up on this site!

BloodFireDeath's picture

With merch, a little over $100 for a Judas Priest backpatch! Unfortunately I'm not even sure now if I'm gonna use it as my main backpatch, but I feel obliged to just because of the price

The most expensive album I've bought was a CD copy of Tank's Filth Hounds of Hades which was about $45. That one was totally worth it just cause Tank rules and that album is an absolute necessity.

meaningless's picture

I think...i have never spend more then 100 Euro max on a single item i bought, but not 100% sure atm. I cant remember how much i have payed for the Vader Box...but this one cost maybe more then 100 Euro.
https://tshirtslayer.com/tape-vinyl-cd-recording-etc/vader-live-necrorei...

CEROXER's picture

i trade one of my cannondale`s MTB for a 50 cassette pack with 1990-91 death metal bands......mint condition.....

Lord Cthulhu's picture

I'm in process of buying an original painting of Skyclad album cover art from their artist for £700 or so. That will be my most expensive purchase to date I think.

Attitude's picture

If it's a unique piece, then it's something very cool!

Lord Cthulhu's picture

Agreed, and it's a fabulous piece too. Can't afford too many of them though !?

Attitude's picture

Nowadays if I can afford it, I prefer to buy one exceptional item even though it costs more than purchasing several average things. Less is more :).

Lord Cthulhu's picture

That, if you pardon the pun, is the right Attitude!

Attitude's picture

Ha, ha well said!

Stathis's picture

300 euros for a 1st press copy of dawn of the black hearts LP on ebay about 20 years ago. A couple of years later got another one for free :/

Katia's picture

Agreed. I spent 400 dolllar on travis scott merch cothes from https://astrocollection.net/. I like this high quality and fashionable clothes.

Samppa666's picture

Wow, i took a quick look around my collection & paypal payments and im astonished; i think the most ive paid for a single item (excluding shipping) is ~50€. This could be wrong because cant remember what ive paid for new hoodies ive bought at a gigs.
New hoodies, in finland, ive seen go for 30-60€, new LPs for 20-60€, new tshirts 10-30€ and new longsleeves 20-40€ .

Most ive paid(exc. shipping) for
a secondhand shirt; 25 or max 30€
a secondhand LP; ~45€
seconhand hoodies ive bought muuuch cheaper than 30€

Ebay prices and tss sellers using them can suck it.

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments