TShirtSlayer

What are the most rifftastic albums of all time?

Skeaton
Sat, 12/08/2017 - 01:59

I wanna know what you guys think are the most rifftastic albums out there. I'm talking quantity and quality of riffs here... These don't have to be your favorite albums (though they certainly can be!) and they don't have to be the best (to me, atmosphere and immersiveness are slightly more important). For example, a couple of albums that come to mind for me are Inquisition - Invoking The Majestic Throne Of Satan and Goatwhore - Blood For The Master. Both are chock-full of badass, creative riffage. So, everyone share what albums come to your mind when you hear the word "rifftastic"!

parregeaboppe

Aghoslent - Hornets of the Pogrom, death metal with heavy metal influences, I really recommend you this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ1Y8knUOFU

Bert

Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal, 246 killer riffs

Skeaton

Haha, good one.

Der Todesking

Reign in Blood

Skeaton

Agreed!

Mastercutor

Accept - Restless and Wild

Nater90

Death Angel - Act III
Overkill - Horoscope
Forbidden - Forbidden Evil
Opeth - Deliverance
Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever & Are You Dead Yet?

I could go on for days, These are just some albums I love.

Skeaton

Nice picks.

Nater90

Thanks.

Would like to add the new Obituary self titled album, Hell any Obituary for that matter, One of my favourite albums this year so far.

Skeaton

It is a great album!

Nater90

Truly is.

Skeaton

I'm not gonna lie though, I was pretty disappointed with the CD packaging. Idk if you bought the CD or not, but it doesn't even have a booklet!

Nater90

Yes I'm an avid CD collector mostly, The packing wasn't that impressive.

miggy_666

Hard to mention the word riffs without mentioning old Sepultura, so, Arise.

Ironhead

Sabbat - Dreamweaver, haven't even attempted to count the riffs.

Metal_Is_Wizardry666

Dark Throne - Arctic Thunder
Saint Vitus - Born to late
AC/DC - Powerage
Celtic frost - Monotheist
Sleep - everything

Ravishing Grimness

Megadeth.Everything they released.Dave Mustaine simply is a riffmaster

Nater90

I wouldn't go as far as saying everything, They've got some amazing stuff...But there is far better.

Heinz

*THAT* simple little riff in Hammer Smashed Face is probably one of the greatest in death metal, IMO. FWIW.

VMBRAL SPECTRE

Sabbat - Evoke

DisgustingSemla

Satanasword is even more rifftastic IMO :D

Caarkazs

We are the Nightmare by Arsis. My personal favorite track is Overthrown; killer riffage, trust me.

Nater90

Cranked Cancer - Death Shall Rise for old times sake....Well....Five or so times so far, In the car I've got new stuff to listen to but the albums just so epic.

darling_decay

Analog by the Re-Stoned (definitely one of my favorite albums, best kind of music to throw on and smoke a joint to imo)
Starspawn by Blood Incantation
Exhausting Fire by Kylesa
Anything by Sleep, Acid Bath, Fu Manchu, the Melvins, and Truckfighters

Skeaton

I've been listening to Starspawn constantly since it came out. Easily the best album of 2016. I haven't heard of The Re-Stoned, I'll check them out! For all the other bands you listed, I agree 100%.

darling_decay

Starspawn is a masterpiece! A friend of mine recommended it to me awhile back and I fell in love!
The Re-Stoned isn't really metal, just more psychedelic rock that I find really euphoric, it's just instrumentals but I love it.
Let me know how you like it!

Skeaton

Listened to Analog last night... it fucking rules! It gives me the same kind of feeling I get from Yawning Man - Rock Formations (though Analog is much heavier). Chilled out, instrumental psych rock, perfect for driving through the desert.

metalkeith

Everything by Infernäl Mäjesty

SatanicGutsFuck

pungent stench - been caught buttering

lambofgodfan00

Speedwolf- Ride With Death
any Lamb of God album
any Skeletonwitch album
any Sleep album
any EYEHATEGOD album
The Sword- Gods of The Earth/Warp Riders/Apocryphon (three way tie)
INVDRS- Electric Church
any Baroness album (for best example though, see the song 'Cavite')
Visigoth- The Revenant King
SubRosa- No Hope For The Mighty Ones
Kylesa- Spiral Shadow/Ultraviolet (tie)
nearly any Slayer album
Cult Leader- Lightless Walk
Converge- Axe To Fall
Uncle Acid- Mind Control
Black Tusk- Set the Dial (this album will make you want to do a blood ritual in the desert while drinking whiskey)

and SO many others

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous guesses

Recent Comments

Poll

Do you create your battlejacket all in one time, or over years?
There are 202,122 entries in the gallery and 664,871 comments, and 130 items have changed hands in the last month!!

TShirtSlayer is the worlds largest community of people interested in heavy metal tshirts and battlejackets, upload some of your tshirts or jackets!