TShirtSlayer

What are the most rifftastic albums of all time?

Skeaton
Sat, 12/08/2017 - 01:59

I wanna know what you guys think are the most rifftastic albums out there. I'm talking quantity and quality of riffs here... These don't have to be your favorite albums (though they certainly can be!) and they don't have to be the best (to me, atmosphere and immersiveness are slightly more important). For example, a couple of albums that come to mind for me are Inquisition - Invoking The Majestic Throne Of Satan and Goatwhore - Blood For The Master. Both are chock-full of badass, creative riffage. So, everyone share what albums come to your mind when you hear the word "rifftastic"!

parregeaboppe

Aghoslent - Hornets of the Pogrom, death metal with heavy metal influences, I really recommend you this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ1Y8knUOFU

Bert

Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal, 246 killer riffs

Skeaton

Haha, good one.

Der Todesking

Reign in Blood

Skeaton

Agreed!

Mastercutor

Accept - Restless and Wild

Nater90

Death Angel - Act III
Overkill - Horoscope
Forbidden - Forbidden Evil
Opeth - Deliverance
Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever & Are You Dead Yet?

I could go on for days, These are just some albums I love.

Skeaton

Nice picks.

Nater90

Thanks.

Would like to add the new Obituary self titled album, Hell any Obituary for that matter, One of my favourite albums this year so far.

Skeaton

It is a great album!

Nater90

Truly is.

Skeaton

I'm not gonna lie though, I was pretty disappointed with the CD packaging. Idk if you bought the CD or not, but it doesn't even have a booklet!

Nater90

Yes I'm an avid CD collector mostly, The packing wasn't that impressive.

miggy_666

Hard to mention the word riffs without mentioning old Sepultura, so, Arise.

Ironhead

Sabbat - Dreamweaver, haven't even attempted to count the riffs.

Metal_Is_Wizardry666

Dark Throne - Arctic Thunder
Saint Vitus - Born to late
AC/DC - Powerage
Celtic frost - Monotheist
Sleep - everything

Ravishing Grimness

Megadeth.Everything they released.Dave Mustaine simply is a riffmaster

Nater90

I wouldn't go as far as saying everything, They've got some amazing stuff...But there is far better.

Heinz

*THAT* simple little riff in Hammer Smashed Face is probably one of the greatest in death metal, IMO. FWIW.

our birthday We made it !!! 10th Birthday is here!!
CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE BIRTHDAY VIDEO!

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous guesses

Recent Comments

Poll

Do you listen to bands that are older than you?
There are 194,182 entries in the gallery and 653,412 comments, and 140 items have changed hands in the last month!!

TShirtSlayer is the worlds largest community of people interested in heavy metal tshirts and battlejackets, upload some of your tshirts or jackets!