TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Wearing a tour shirt if you didn't attend the tour

DeathFuckinMetal
Fri, 14/12/2018 - 01:05

Just wondering what you guys think about this, I'm getting a long sleeve Cryptopsy Australian tour shirt from 2006 back when they had Lord Worm. Back then i really wanted to go but couldn't. I love everything Lord Worm has done and don't really like the new Cryptopsy very much. Do you think it's ok to wear a shirt of a gig that i didn't go to or is it better to say yeah i attended that gig and it was awesome and to wear the shirt with pride.

What are some of your guys thoughts on this?

Gorejuicexxx's picture

Its all good man :)
I do that all the time! Especially if the only shirt you could find was a tour shirt.
At first i didnt want to buy tour shirts from tours i wasnt there... but some of those designs are exclusive :)
So... all good!
Espcially if it makes you happy

DeathFuckinMetal's picture

Yeah the description of the shirt said OOP or Out Of Print and it also said that you can not find this shirt anywhere else so yeah i guess i got lucky. I should post it on here once i get it so you can see it.

Gorejuicexxx's picture

Sure man ! Let us see it :)
For instance i never saw sentenced live. But i love the amok album. So i hunted down amok ls and didnt care about the tourdates on the back :)

DeathFuckinMetal's picture

I just realised the Bolt Thrower shirt i have, the back says WestFalen Festival 2002 and i have never seen them live. So i already have a shirt of a gig that i didn't go to haha!

meaningless's picture

i would wear it :) ...and im also wearing tourshirts...i wasnt there myself. ..or ..lets say..the Bolt Thrower Tourmerch from the Australia tour (they never made)...why not wearing it?! ;) ..u know what i mean..haha..
Same goes for some rly great designs. Sometimes US-Tour shirts have just the better designs..so - grab it (like i do, if i have the chance) and wear it :)

Minty's picture

Totally up to you! Some people like to wear the shirts regardless, and I wouldn't hate on somebody who does but I personally don't want to wear a tour shirt if I wasn't there. But that's just me and to each their own.

vkok's picture

Nothing wrong with that. I have maybe over 20 of those.

slayerslayer's picture

for once i agree with vkok. nothing wrong with that at all. i have a few too , that i wear , bands i dig , and would have gone to see, if i could at the time. meaningless has hit the spot for one of my ones - bolt thrower 2016 AU tour .
live it how good it makes YOU feel please* - theres a whole ethos behind the *, for another day .

Nater90's picture

I say wear it especially if it has meaning for you, if someone asks how the gig was you can just say I wasn't there but the design kicks ass so why the fuck not haha. Most people won't care they'd respect your passion for it.

I used to never get tour shirts and long-sleeves but have since changed it because I was missing out on designs I loved, plus I wear a kutte so you can see the front I love and no dates haha.

Stronthor's picture

Echoing the general consensus that it doesn't really matter that much. I've got a couple myself, for example (as mentioned by a few others) a Bolt Thrower 2016 AU tour shirt... Also, pretty much all tour shirts have the dates on the back, so if in doubt wear your vest over 'em and pretty much no-one will even know it's a tourshirt anyway.

Hockney's picture

Hmm... I want to say you should only wear the shirt for a tour you've seen, but as you say, sometimes you can't get there or the band splits up before you know about them. Or die, which is something I tend to run up against as I get into older and older music.
And hey, there's a big difference wearing the shirt 'cos you love the music and wearing it because you bought it in a shop and thought it was ironic/trendy.
I wish I had all my 80's shirts still, even though they wouldn't fit. If I saw a replacement that did fit, I'd probably buy it.

welgrrr's picture

I would wear it, because come on.... there are also a lot of cool 80´s metal shirts with great motives you cannot find on a normal shirt, especially designed for a great tour!!!
Im born too late for many of those historic killer tours and shows, but when i wear a shirt from thoses events i see it as a tribute to the old garde.
For me its a statement like ....."hey i really would love to go back in time and i envy everybody who was able to attend such a tour, but im a (not that young anymore :D) fucking metal maniac born a little too late and that is my tribute to this great tour, album, time, whatever....

vkok's picture

I attended most gigs in late 90's and never bought any shirts...cause i was a broke student...now, I cant even tell for sure which year and which tour I attended exactly, so buying them regardless.

PinJunky's picture

If you own it then you can do whatever you want to do with it!

568,592 items in the gallery, 881,079 comments, and 550 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments