TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > TShirt Talk

Video tour of bootleg (and official) merch at tonight's Iron Maiden show in Mexico City

mexicanuck
Sat, 28/09/2019 - 08:11

Does anyone even read, or post on this board? Last post was 16 days ago.

Anyway, you know how this works. Here's the bootleg merch tour: https://youtu.be/4fM23VvlYWo

And here's the official merch tour: https://youtu.be/c9yvRKoCWfI

mexicanuck's picture

I think I mentioned in the beginnin that they're actually "official" bootlegs. All the vendors are part of a union, and they have to have credentials to have a stand there. Also, I did buy the official event shirt for 300% more (no exaggeration) than the most expensive bootleg, and when I got back to my hotel and looked at it, the print on the back was significantly crooked. And I'll say for the millionth time, the official shirts are the EXACT SAME ONES as the bootlegs (Gildan), and they're made in Mexico, as it says right on the label.

And ha, not to promote myself, but you can hear / see what I thought of the show here! (as well as all of my Iron Maiden shirts, including the ones I bought on the weekend). https://youtu.be/BWRQC1rtFJk

mexicanuck's picture

What's a guild?

Antonio's picture

Great report, man ! I wonder if some of those bootlegs stands sells merch on line.....

mexicanuck's picture

Thanks again, Antonio!

Check Facebook for Necrosis Metal Store (my favourite, tell Luis I sent you!), Nightmare Metal Store (they're the ones in the video where I showed the panties) and Ghoules Metal Products.

kissman's picture

Just saw Iron Maiden a couple of days ago in Houston, Texas... What an amazing show! UP THE IRONS!

PD: I've always liked your videos, hopefully one day I'll go to El Chopo!

mexicanuck's picture

Ah, thanks! Let me know if you ever make it down here, we'll go to El Chopo.

weedman000420's picture

Cool vid, the Iron Maiden tour from 2013 was the Maiden England tour which was my first Maiden concert and yeah, I normally buy official merch from live shows merchandise but I’ve been disappointed a couple of times with their prints and they are quite expensive compared to the bootlegs but it’s still cheaper than ordering online cause of the shipping

mexicanuck's picture

Yep, good to see people are coming around to the fact that official shirts aren't automatically better, or even good.

oldmate's picture

THanks again !!!!

meaningless's picture

ur vides are always fantastic :D im just confused by your new hair style..hahahaha..damn :P
btw..i love their official Event shirt, my wife too....she asked me if i could get my hands on it...and 1 day later i saw ur Video here..i was to late to ask for a favor..haha..anyway, I love ur videos dude! Also the video u posted above on a comment! (IM 1984 - with Twisted Sisters...unbelieveable..haha..)

oh..and btw...thats a lot of great shirts ur showing in ur video

mexicanuck's picture

Ah, thanks for the kind words, even about my new hairstyle!

SolveMyMath's picture

I have watched every video from your channel, really cool to see how it happend on the other side of the Earth!

When it comes to official and non-official t-shirts and all that stuff, I am just following Lemmy's testaments. In one of his interviews he told the story that once he checked the prices on the official Motörhead t-shirts and found them ridiculously high. He asked management to drop the prices, but the management said no. Then Lemmy just asked the fans to stop buying the t-shirts from the official website and recommended to get them somewhere else. He also encouraged fans to support band on the other ways by going to the concerts.

mexicanuck's picture

Ah, thanks for the support, nice to hear!

I never heard that about Lemmy, but it sounds right. I do remember that he once told fans not to buy...can't remember what it was, maybe some of reissue, or something. He told people to not waste their money on it.

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments