TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > Social - Meetups / Gigs etc

U.D.O. North American Tour!!!!!

MetalheartNYC
Tue, 15/01/2013 - 20:57

Okay so i was on Facebook about 5 days ago when out of nowhere i saw a status message on U.D.O.'s official fan page saying that there is a tour coming to the States in the month of April,for sure one of the greatest things i can ever hear as a metal fan living in New york,this band hasn't been to America since 2001 when they toured with Saxon!!!......I always wondered why so many bands from Germany and europe in general never come to the US,the fans in Europe and South America have it to good man.In 2011 i made it to wacken and met UDO at the meet and greet,i asked him why don't you ever come to the US? and that he has many fans over here,he told me that the live concert market here isn't that big compared to europe and south america and that traveling out here and the lack of a big market for live shows really affects the payday for his band....Many other bands like kreator and destruction and sometimes helloween come to the states,do they make more money than UDO does because of there record labels and management?,i don't really know and to be honest i dont give a fuck because i'm so pumped to finally see UDO play here in New york!!!

OSDMNICHOLAS's picture

america is just fuckin huge. the bible belt just ruins everything for touring bands. the east and west coast is easy to book shows i think but it is in between that gets difficult.

MetalheartNYC's picture

yeah that makes sense,the tour is pretty short with like only 10 shows,you gonna be going to any of them?

Hárbarðr's picture

Have a great time man, i saw them last year and it was sick!

MetalheartNYC's picture

the band is fucking great!!,i like the new Accept but UDO for me is way better,was the venue big? i know chile is a wild country for metal,the crowd must have been epic

Hárbarðr's picture

Yeah, it was a very big venue, it was a festival show and they played in the main stage, and yeah, the crowd was pretty good, all chanting and headbanging!

Blüdrayne's picture

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/There_b5a6c8_2466281.jpg

this is pretty much why most bands avoid america.

MetalheartNYC's picture

Oh please dude,if your saying that 100% of all American metal heads are Emo you really have no idea wtf you're talking about,last time i checked the united states has some of the most important bands in metal,the country is so large that not every state listens to metal like california,new york,or florida...Most bands do come here but some only come like every 2 to 3 years,and in udo's case its been like 12 years lol

Daniel Sodomaniac's picture

Cool for you that U.D.O. will return to the US, been a while.
Always a killer show, seen the band around 30 times at festivals and on tour here in Europe.

MetalheartNYC's picture

yeah man im pumped,i saw the new accept like 3 times here in New York but for me U.D.O. is waaaaaaay better

Wargod51's picture

No MN stops.

578,489 items in the gallery, 884,108 comments, and 674 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments

• Best game ever made after Monkey Island :D
  • I tried to click on "See more" but there´s nothing to see :'(
  • Great bands
  • I agree. Ofc a got a red version of this one too. Will upload it in the near future.
  • Yeah, i like this song too, a cool rocker.
  • I purchased this shirt 15 years ago and it was lost during shipping. I’ve found it again recently on buyee.jp
  • Great Shirt.... Slaaaaayer Rulez
  • Awesome, thanks for the info!
  • Thank you!!, yes, I painted them, but with a brush.
  • Awesome. 🤘
  • All right, then the trip was probably worthwhile for you in more ways than one.
  • Classic stuff!
  • I was in Japan for the fest. Most of everything sold out as literally everyone was buying merch and every piece of it.
  • Not bad! Did they have them in the NWN! store?
  • And that alone explains this patch. But I think the other version of Rapture Textiles is better.
  • A very horny patch hahaha