TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Top 10 shows / Gigs - you have been to ?

oldmate
Sat, 13/05/2017 - 00:20

I know its hard, there is no way I could do a top 5. Even doing a top 10 is hard.. cause so many just missed out.

What is your top 10 gigs/shows you have been to ?

1992 - Ugly Kid Jow - Fist gig
1993 - Metallica (first time I saw them)
1994 - Pantera
1994 - Sepultura
1995 - Cannibal Corpse
2009 - Kreator
2010 - First Big 4 show ever!!
2010 - Megadeth / Gwar (festival)
03-May-2013 - May 2nd US time - Obituary (The day Jeff Hanneman passed RIP)
2017 - Entombed AD

Just missed out
1996 - AC/DC
1998 - Brutal Truth
2008 - Carcass
2010 - Macabre
2011 - Alestorm
2012 - Toxic Holocaust
2013 - CBT
2014 - Accept
2015 - Blood Duster
2016 - L7
2017 - THE DOUCHE CREW (SOD cover band with Dan)

Nater90's picture

No particular order, Just gigs that mean a lot to me, Pretty hard to chose....But giving it a crack

Mayhem - 2014 My favourite Black Metal band so finally getting to see them was amazing even though I prefer Maniac on vocals

Slipknot - 2012 One of my all time favourite bands, Don't give a fuck about people hating on them, Their amazing at what they do, Except their last album, Shouldn't exist.

1349 - 2016 The band that got me into Black Metal so was great to see them, Sucks Frost wasn't with them because both him and Hellhammer (Mayhem) are my favourite Black Metal drummers.

Behind Crimson Eyes - 2009 Was my first ever gig, The bands supporting were better, Though I got to go up on stage with Behind Crimson eyes and got a set-list signed by the drummer, Still have it till this day.

Cannibal Corpse - 2014 My first time seeing Cannibal Corpse and their the band that got me into Death Metal! Few weeks prior I interviewed Rob Barret so one of the best memories I'll ever cherish.

Carcass - 2014 Great band in general but amazing stage wise to, Jeff is a great front men both playing and humor wise.

Entombed A.D. - 2017 What is to be said about them that hasn't been said before? Old school band doing what they do best, Being brutal as fuck and putting on one hell of a show. And I missed the last train home so forked out $87 for a cab, And we cranked Anatomy all the way!!!

Alestorm - 2013, Agreed with Ajnin 2011 was an amazing gig, But 2013 was even better, Plus they recorded a DVD that I'm in so yeah...Funny as fuck band always good to see them and a really great night out with my mates.

Katatonia - 2016 Jonas has one hell of a vocal style, Both him and the band are amazing, The week I got their latest album I cranked it five or so times, Week before the gig I cranked it another three or more...But I do love their older stuff more just didn't expect to hear much of it live due to Jonas' issue.

Kiss - 2014, A birthday present from my girlfriend I'll never forget, Ever since I was little my Dad played their vinyls and I loved their face paint, Always wanted to see them live because they were a big impact on me listening to "heavier" stuff, Such an amazing gig, Everyone was saying Paul's vocals would be shit since his operation I think he sounded amazing, Amazing set list, And a truly amazing night thanks to my Mrs.

Honorable mentions;

Immolation - 2016, Destroyer 666 - 2016, Marduk - 2015, Nuclear Assault - 2017, Gorguts - 2017, Karnivool - 2013, Psycroptic - 2014

madbutcher's picture

Iron Maiden - Eddie Rips up Europe Tour

Iron Maiden - Somewhere back in Time Tour

Black sabbath (With Ozzy) 2005

Exodus - Tankard - Haunted 2002

Kreator - Celtic Frost 2007

Big 4 2010

Morbid Angel 2004

Destruction - Overkill 2003

Iron Maiden - Ed hunter Tour

Sodom - Entombed 2002

Some Alternatives: Candlemass/Entombed 2002, AcDc 2009, King Diamond 2001, Grave Digger 2000, Bolt Thrower 2010, Cannibal Corpse/Nuclear Assault 2003. And the list goes on...

Living Dead Hedgehog's picture

The choice was tough but had some really cool memories:
1- Despised Icon Brutalizing Again Tour 2014, reunion tour; awesome set and as a Deathcore worshiper this was one of the most intense gig I ever had. Great sound, awesome Crowd, just overwhelming.
2- Dying Fetus 2014, weird first acts who joined Dying Fetus [Goatwhore, Malevolence and Fallujah] but great night, crowd went crazy for the Fetus. I've never saw so many crowdsurfers and Stage divers in a Death Metal gig !
3- Lionheart 2015, this was in a little club below a bar, the Intro was so awesome - everyone screaming the words of the song "Undisputed" then at its peak, the light shut down. Wtf, such an awesome feeling from the band To the crowd who was on fire. Really great.
4- Limp Bizkit At Hellfest 2015, as a 90's kid who grew with Nü-Metal, seeing LB for the National Musical Day in France (so the 21st June), it was so symbolic and powerful - really good crowd, Fred Durst wasn't a Dickhead; a return as a kiddo in this beautiful Fest!
5- August Burns Red 2012, 1st time I saw the band (still) and it was awesome, great setlist, cool sound, No crash barriers so plenty of stage dives ans an awesome impro on Drums with the Drummer Matt ans the Bassist Dustin.
6- Mastodon 2015 At Hellfest 2015, I was so overwhelmed to see them ans wasn't disapointed At All, one of the greatest set in Hellfest that year for sure.
7- Being As An Ocean + Hundredth 2014, Melodic HxC gig in a boat as gig place, so cool; most of the crowd singing with the band; the peak at The BAAO set of course which was Too short unfortunately.
8- Alcest 2016, in their"hometown" Paris. Really great night, the Kodama tracks are wonderful in Live, got some chills for some tracks - what an awesome feeling, also never saw so many people closing their Eyes and singing clean vocals at the same time.
9- The Ghost Inside 2015 At Impericon Festival in Paris. More a symbolic one but, soo great with an awesome sound a really responsive crowd and a Freakin light show! Last time they played in Paris before their Tragic Car Accident..
10- Animals As Leaders 2012, No first acts due to booking problems but anyway, one of the most cleanest set ever! The sound of the gig was so superior to Studio tracks it blew my mind, Tosin Abasi killed every solo and I was headbangong so much i got a headache haha.

Honorable gigs: Parkway Drive + Heaven Shall Burn 2014, As I Lay Dying 2012 [Last gig in Paris before Tim Lambesis sent To jailcourt], Rise of The Northstar Jan 2015, Enter Shikari 2013, Motörhead at Hellfest 2015 [Last gig in France ever], Oathbreaker 2016, Fallujah 2013, Carnifex 2015, Dagoba 2010 [my first extreme Metal gig] and for fun BabyMetal 2014 haha

Thrashattck94's picture

From 1 - 10, for me it is:

1. Iron Maiden (2017)
2. Kreator (2014)
3. Cannibal Corpse (2014)
4. Exodus (2016)
5. King Diamond (2016)
6. Carcass (2015)
7. Slayer (2015)
8. Anthrax (2017)
9. Black Sabbath (2017)
10. Raven (2015)