TShirtSlayer

Too Many patches Of The Same Band

Apparition
Tue, 10/10/2017 - 07:53

Hey,

I took apart my jacket about a year ago to switch to a different vest. I finally decided to get back to making my vest and I noticed something. I have a lot of patches from the same bands. (maiden, metallica, megadeth, slayer, motorhead) about 4 or less patches for each of them. I don't think I noticed because I was mainly buying patches of albums I listen to religiously. I personally don't see anything odd about it as long as you actually listen to the bands. I guess it can be an eye sore for some people... What do you guys think?

bad_american1992

You're going to let fear of judgement get in the way of making your vest the way you want it?

Apparition

No, I like mine the ways it. But I’ve heard some stories of people talking down on others for having patches of the same band, I think that’s ridiculous.

*your profile picture never fails to make me laugh*

Bladerunner

It's YOUR vest. Do whatever you like.

Apparition

Very true.

parregeaboppe

In my opinion, I like simple vests and not the cramped with a shitload of different patches. So I'd probably like your vest above most vests here haha. And like the others said, its your vest ;)

Apparition

Ha thanks. I'll upload some picture of it when I get around to finishing it.

DarkValkyrieofDeath

i personally prefer to not have repeating patches or pins but i dont care if other people do, thats another reason why im reworking my gamer vest because theres too many devil may cry patches on it and im of the unpopular opinion that 2 is the best so im keeping that one, also i want more music on it however im still keeping both my metroid patches because prime and fusion are very different games and i cant decide which i like better

Apparition

I have a few miscellaneous patches but but most are going on the inside. I do want to get a metal gear pin or button to go on the front.

DukeThylacine

Never let someone's taste decide for what are you going to put on your vest. Heck, if I could, I'd buy every single patch depicting a different album from my favourite band and put them all on the same vest. If you really like those bands and those albums don't mind what other people think.

And send vest pics ;)

Apparition

I will, but for your eyes only ;)

Minty

After just reading the title I thought you were talking about the bootleggers making too many patches of the same bands. Haha!

But to answer your question, personally I don't like to have repeating bands on my vest, save for a few exceptions, but I don't hate other people's vests for it. Like others have said, if you like the patches and the music, go for it!

And a good dedication vest is always awesome!

Apparition

I think I just need to broaden my horizons a bit and discover some new stuff.

Minty

Well being on here will help. Can't tell you how many times I've seen a shirt or patch so cool that I had to check the band out.

Likewise, you can also go to the metal archives and start searching the similar artists tab of bands you like.

SatanicGutsFuck

i have a friend who has a pure motorhead vest! more power to you who cares what other people say!

Apparition

Man that sounds awesome.

Nater90

Do what makes you happy and reflects you as a person, if you have a bunch of patches for one band because you love a lot of their albums, Kudos to that!

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous guesses

Recent Comments

• very nice!!!
  • You will consider selling bottom?
  • I'd say Real. They ran this design in the 80's. I have a reprint of it.
  • Thanks my boy-o
  • Musically it's okay,I also have the signed Digipack CD..BTW my favorite is Creed of Iron
  • Fucking great. You are officially all out of room
  • Really nice back!
  • Thanks man, this one's not bad for a bootleg
  • Loved it, sect and blackhole, and the handmade aspect finishes everything.
  • Belíssimo trabalho, melhor impossivel
  • Oh.. Mother of satan!
  • Majestic! One of my first exposure to BM.
  • This album seems to have been lost in the shuffle and not really noticed much but I actually think it's one of Grav
  • Looks sweet! Hopefully this is the patch I just ordered off their site.
  • Thanks.
  • Huge fan of their recent stuff.

Top Collectors

Poll

Do you create your battlejacket all in one time, or over years?
There are 202,070 entries in the gallery and 664,788 comments, and 131 items have changed hands in the last month!!

TShirtSlayer is the worlds largest community of people interested in heavy metal tshirts and battlejackets, upload some of your tshirts or jackets!