TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

TSS is supported by ‐ monitor website changes with changedetection.io
Forums > All other metal related talk..

Theism In Metal...Your opinion?

reapy_soa
Fri, 06/12/2019 - 15:11

Personally, since I'm a theistic Satanist I love this shit but I want to hear other sides of opposing.

PatchThePlanet's picture

I can only comment in the BM space, but definitely - the second wave, I would argue is the product of interest in High (Theistic) Satanism rubbing elbows with Paganism and the genre as a whole is highly ideologically motivated. Though I dislike the moniker, Orthodox Black Metal is an appellation used to reclaim precisely this.

reapy_soa's picture

I got into a huge disagreement with the verified twitter account of the church of satan. Although unrelated, LaVeyans do throw a lot of shit at us Theists. Really pisses me off. TNBM or BM circle in general is very recognized in forums and blogs of theists. We recognize it as the BMC crime group.

RuhrpottKomplott's picture

As long as the musical packaging comes across convincingly enough and does not serve a gimmicky tour de force, the theistic lyrical framework can further enhance the overall experience. Some bands and artists even go further than that and prefer to wear costumes on stage.

However, as is the case with (popular) music in general, the lyrics to a song will only ever the second most important role to most listeners and fans. If an artist wants to have his theistic writing stand on his own, they can go down the same path of spreading the word like Michael Ford and others, being a prolific vlogger and author of many detailed books about Satanism in particular.

reapy_soa's picture

Satanism has become an uproar in the metal scene; at least to me. Every album you look there will at least be a hint or reference to it. Some of the lyrics in songs I don't agree with because they're legit about copulation of humans and animals and that's fucked up.

RuhrpottKomplott's picture

Ever since the tritone was "invented" (i.e. regularly used in music), certain groups of people suggested Satanic undertones even when there weren't any such intentions whatsoever. Of course, if you are exposed to such a powerful medium like music and have difficulty digesting and dissecting it into what it actually is and means, chances are you fear that supernatural forces were taking over.

Personally, I don't come across many lyrics that outright describe or even hint at interspecies copulation much to be honest. Care for specific examples?

PatchThePlanet's picture

Thereโ€™s a couple of Archgoat songs that touch on this, as an example

Stronthor's picture

I don't mind theism of any form in metal, or music in general for that matter. Music is (or should be at least) a personal expression of the artist and if they feel the need to express themselves in such a manner that's well within their rights. Whether or not i'd take it seriously on MY personal level is an entirely different question and the answer would be a resounding no. It's very much a to each their own thing I guess.

reapy_soa's picture

Indeed, There's a band for everyone. People have their own tastes and theism in metal fits mine. But the thing people get wrong about me is they think that's all I listen to and I don't.

bad_american1992's picture

Where's my Christian Metal Crew at

reapy_soa's picture

I have an Australian unblack solo project backpatch on my battle jacket,

frankie530's picture

Right here for Christian Metal, good stuff

grime81's picture

"I dont need your politics, and i dont need your 666, so reach on in your bag of trick and youll see. . . when heavens at hand, there will be hell to pay!"

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments