TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Symphonic Post-Apocalyptic Reindeer-Grinding Christ-Abusing Extreme War Pagan Fennoscandian metal

Mastercutor
Mon, 04/02/2019 - 15:55

I'd like to recommend you guys a movie that you can watch in coziness of your own home with a cup of hot chocolate while still being metal AF. It's called "Heavy Trip"!
It's even accessible to people who don't really understand all the Metal-related nuances this movie has to offer, thus you can watch it with whoever the hell you want.
It has everything you can wish for - heavy metal, grave robbing, Viking heaven and an armed conflict between Finland and Norway.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7220754/?ref_=rvi_tt

"In this offbeat comedy from Finland, Turo is stuck in a small village where the best thing in his life is being the lead vocalist for the amateur metal band Impaled Rektum. The only problem? He and his band mates have practiced for 12 years without playing a single gig. The guys get a surprise visitor from Norway-the promoter for a huge heavy metal music festival-and decide it's now or never. They steal a van, a corpse, and even a new drummer in order to make their dreams a reality."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AQtfYY1L_Q

In case you get through this movie and you want some more, given you already know about Deathgasm, I strongly recommend an older movie from 2011 (Norway) called Jackpot: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1809231/?ref_=rvi_tt
It's not about metal in particular but you still get that feeling of Nordic comedy and a subtle taste of metal-like brutality.

Hope you have a good laugh - have fun!

Nater90's picture

Seen trailer last night looks pretty funny, laughed at the genre name.

Blüdrayne's picture

I find this entire trend of metal-themed exploitation extremely tiresome. None of them even capture the period charm of exploitation, which is the entire point of the genre. Having metal-themed exploitation in this current zeitgeist makes about as much sense as making a Pogs movie right now.

If you want to see an example of a metal exploitation film that makes sense in reference to cultural context, check out Hard Rock Zombies (1985). No, it isn't good either.

577,147 items in the gallery, 883,690 comments, and 655 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments

• Five flames for Burzum, but this is not the Aske EP.
  • Such a pity, but better luck next time. I don't have anything planned yet, but I really liked the place a lot.
  • Oh damn. That would have been really nice talking to you man!
  • Mate...No way it was you 🤣 I was there as well man.
  • danke!
  • That's true and you've been there too? Wtf? Why didn't you say a word?
  • Sick
  • Mate...Don't tell me that yesterday you went to the Oberhausen gig, and were wearing a battle jacket with a Donning
  • War eine verdammt geile Show 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🍺🍺🍺
  • I'm afraid to upload my main vest. It's got Angry Aryans on the back. It might catch me a ban... haha.
  • very nice
  • THX!
  • Indeed! This and Tapping are my faves! Hope you finde it! THX
  • sick! Think my misses the merch flyer! Have to check :)
  • killer!
  • Stark. Ärgert mich dass ich sie dieses Jahr nicht erwische