TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > Tutorials / How To / Where To

Stitching patches Help! I'm a beginner

Potatoes_Misfit15
Thu, 28/07/2016 - 02:18

Hey, I am new to stitching patches into my jacket and I wanted to know how to fill up every space on my jacket and what is a good stitching pattern so my patches wont come off?

gizter's picture

for good stitching patern stitch across the border, not alongside it.

hard to explain.. hope someone else can do it.

DevilzForce's picture

Bullshit. Both ways work fine and personally sewing along the border makes for better looking results

Into Glory Ride's picture

+1

Goathammer's picture

That's the truth, both work fine, it's more of a personal preference sort of thing.

gizter's picture

honestly the only people i've seen with patches almost falling off, or even completely falling off had a simple running stitch along the borders.
cause when you stitch along the border, things can get caught behind the border of the patch and that can cause them to rip loose. and since there is usually less stitches it unravels faster too as soon as the thread breaks.

grime81's picture

If you know how or can learn, a sewing machine is very consistent and leavea sturdy stitching.
Hand sewing is going to take alot of trial and error and it is a very personal and subjective thing .
Make sure you sew enough on to both the patch and in to what your sewing the patch onto. Also use strong thread

vikingdantheman's picture

i like to put glue on the stitching on the inside of my jacket. if part of the stitch does break it wont all come loose. also use a good quality thread. i use upholstery thread.

DevilzForce's picture

Not a fan of glue AT ALL. You can't get it out your denim and the moment you change up some patches it's visible. It looks horrid and is an absolute nightmare to sew through. Don't use glue. Use pins to set the patch while sewing

Greebo_of_Doomshire's picture

I use embroidery silks (usually 8 strands woven loosely together)...to sew patches on denim...make sure you use proper "crewel/embroidery" needles 2!.....sometimes use sellotape on reverse of patch to affix to denim..n then when half done...scrape it out...or as above stated pins work 2...say goodbye to your fingers!!!..

576,976 items in the gallery, 883,644 comments, and 659 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments