TShirtSlayer

Somewhere in time weird backpatch. Bootleg or not?

newbornalien
Mon, 12/06/2017 - 19:29

http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/401342594645?_trksid=p2057872.m2748.l2649&ss...

Just found this one on ebay is this a bootleg? I can't find anyone on this site that has this one so I wonder if it's bootleg?

newbornalien

I was actually looking for the original Somewhere in time patch with the blue and yellow colors which are very expensive but I thought this would be a good alternative but I'm afraid it's bootleg tho.
I really hate the newer version with the boring red colors

newbornalien

I don't know if the ebay link still work for other people here is an image http://imgur.com/8dOk0mR
Anyone?

VoiceOfTheSoul

Yeah it's a bootleg screenprint

DoctorDeath

why is that?

DoctorDeath

i mean, other than circumstantial evidence, the ebay seller seems to only deal in bootlegs... but what would give it away if you only had the picture and no background?

VoiceOfTheSoul

-No border (you can see the threads coming apart from the canvas material it's printed on)
-No copyright (maiden BPs seem to aaaaalways have a copyright)
-Weird shape

These could be "approved" by a band, but this is only typical of smaller/niche bands and most certainly a band as big as Iron Maiden would never license anything as half-assed as this.

But yes the reason I say it without even mentioning these factors is that the seller also has a whole slew of bootleg stuff listed.

DoctorDeath

hmm, tho anyone could make a patch with a border and print the copyright right? hard to say.. i guess that's how it works!

VoiceOfTheSoul

Playing with displayed copyrights probably isn't a good idea when you're making an unauthorized product, hehe.

bad_american1992

Pretty sure those patches and shirts are made by Erik at Muerto En La Cruz. They look like his designs and are both shipped out of Costa Mesa, California.

VoiceOfTheSoul

Asked him, he knows the guy, but it's not his stuff

bad_american1992

Interesting. Thanks for the info!

our birthday We made it !!! 10th Birthday is here!!
CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE BIRTHDAY VIDEO!

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous guesses

Recent Comments