TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > EBay or other finds

Somewhere in time weird backpatch. Bootleg or not?

newbornalien
Mon, 12/06/2017 - 19:29

http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/401342594645?_trksid=p2057872.m2748.l2649&ss...

Just found this one on ebay is this a bootleg? I can't find anyone on this site that has this one so I wonder if it's bootleg?

newbornalien's picture

I was actually looking for the original Somewhere in time patch with the blue and yellow colors which are very expensive but I thought this would be a good alternative but I'm afraid it's bootleg tho.
I really hate the newer version with the boring red colors

newbornalien's picture

I don't know if the ebay link still work for other people here is an image http://imgur.com/8dOk0mR
Anyone?

VoiceOfTheSoul's picture

Yeah it's a bootleg screenprint

VoiceOfTheSoul's picture

-No border (you can see the threads coming apart from the canvas material it's printed on)
-No copyright (maiden BPs seem to aaaaalways have a copyright)
-Weird shape

These could be "approved" by a band, but this is only typical of smaller/niche bands and most certainly a band as big as Iron Maiden would never license anything as half-assed as this.

But yes the reason I say it without even mentioning these factors is that the seller also has a whole slew of bootleg stuff listed.

VoiceOfTheSoul's picture

Playing with displayed copyrights probably isn't a good idea when you're making an unauthorized product, hehe.

bad_american1992's picture

Pretty sure those patches and shirts are made by Erik at Muerto En La Cruz. They look like his designs and are both shipped out of Costa Mesa, California.

VoiceOfTheSoul's picture

Asked him, he knows the guy, but it's not his stuff

bad_american1992's picture

Interesting. Thanks for the info!

578,923 items in the gallery, 884,231 comments, and 670 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments

• Ahh right. Where's the spelling errors?
  • nice one man
  • No, this version dosent have the sparkle print.
  • Firstly, the shirt is old. As they were only printed in Australia by MIM there’s not many of them, especially in LS.
  • 👌🏻danke
  • That black death backpatch is sick!
  • Yeay love this artwork, the artist very talented you can checkout his other artwork for other band just like CC,death, e
  • Schau mal bei Poser 667. Vielleicht hat er noch welche.
  • wow nice prints man
  • mmm nice
  • Thanks, it was a great show too, the moshing was so intense that one of the floor boards broke lool
  • Ne, nur 2 Shirts
  • Where did you get this, man? This is sick
  • Warning: this dude is a confirmed scammer. Do not buy!!
  • Never Seen the design of the back. It looks cool!
  • where did you get it from also is the print screen printed