TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

TSS is supported by ‐ monitor website changes with changedetection.io
Forums > EBay or other finds

Slayer 1987 fan club patches legit??

SOAD4.0
Sun, 22/11/2020 - 12:20

So I keep seeing these Slayer 1987 "Hell Awaits Army" fan club patches popping up on ebay. Supposedly they are very rare but I'm skeptical. Just today I saw someone list 5 of them ( https://www.ebay.com/itm/193760202530 )

Its probably impossible to know for sure, but anyone think these are legit? Or are they probably fakes.

Here's 3 that were sold recently:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/203148671676

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203117908125

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193697729571

BloodFireDeath's picture

Hmm, I didn't notice that until now. For a patch that's supposed to be insanely rare and limited, I've seen these things come up at least a couple times a week now, and all in almost new condition. Maybe someone reproduced a bunch?

MorticiA's picture

I saw these pop up I think in mid/late summer 2020, one was quite pristine (but not 1000% new) and the other very aged, and from what I know they're legit; it's possible that there are reproductions as it wouldn't be difficult nor expensive. I'm not sure what would be the leading differences between the two, but typically that revolves around how good the stitching is and whether they put more effort into the design. Typically. As for rarity, I spent plenty of time in mid-late 2018-2019 looking at Slayer patches very often (amongst other bands) I've never seen these till recently, and while I definitely don't consider myself uber knowledgeable and I haven't "seen everything" in terms of patches my hunch is that rare things are surfacing due to people needing cash. Doing a deep search on the TSS threads/search bar oughta help you find more info on these.

TRV3Y's picture

okay, hansi (founder) he has a bunch from storage. i’ve talked to him, he has countless german hmfc patches, he was a part of the famous velbert one and destroyer. i bought one on ebay, the first one listed on ebay in 2020 from a collector in germany. i was talking to hansi about it as well bc i saw he had on on his jacket. the entire conversation started out bc i remade the spider web living death logo and he said he remembers one just like it back in germany. he then told me he was one of the founders of the lahn dill. he asked how much i bought it for then offered me some of his from the ones he brought back from germany. i bought 3. they are completely identical to the one i got from the collector in germany i got my first one from. that being said, i do believe they are real and not bootleg. think about it as dead stock, right now a white border sodom PM is very hard to find, someone finds dead stock and uploads them on ebay. then everyone will be suspicious on how there’s so many of the patch being sold. just like the creeping death strip. the only reason i believe the slayer fan club patch was so hard to find bc there wasn’t much members in the club so i assume he kept a lot of them. so he’s now selling them on his ebay. the patches are coming from hansi’s ebay account and i confirmed it by asking him. so they are real, the reason they were so hard to find was because he had a lot of them and the one originally givin out were so little that they became harder to find. they are limited to 50 as well.

SOAD4.0's picture

Ah that does make a lot of sense. Just seemed super suspicious that all of these patches were popping up. Thanks for the information!

Corrosive's picture

Paying nearly 200$ for an old bootleg patch of an old club you were never part of, seems kinda stupid. The patch is nice and all but that doesn't justify it.

SOAD4.0's picture

Oh yeah I wasn't planning on buying one, just curious on the history of them

576,867 items in the gallery, 883,593 comments, and 657 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments