TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > Tutorials / How To / Where To

Signed vest

Tex33319
Mon, 10/02/2020 - 05:50

I met Steve Harris last week and had him sign my vest, any suggestions on how to safely ensure the signature stays there and does not rub off or fade?

doomtilldeath's picture

Embroider it

SolveMyMath's picture

^
This guy knows how to do that!

Yoschi29's picture

Well, that's the old problem - which I absolutely can relate to. I've got tons of signatures in my Kutte over the last years (have to update that btw. on this site) and in the first few years I was unsure how to protect them.
Especially when you wear the jacket in summer, on a hot concert above your shirt or naked body the sweat will attack and damage the signature - mostly under your arm pits or on your back - or spilled beer or rain will cause damage.
That's why I bought eddings which are waterproof till 70-90° Celsius (not what the measurement unit that you got in the states) if you went over the signature once with an iron.
This works really well for my jacket and I'm since then protecting the autographs of Rob Halford, Steve Harris, Paul DiAnno and many many others. :D
And if the signature is already in the jacket, then ironing over it will also help a little bit. And don't forget to let the heat too long on the vest. :D

Jen Gruesome's picture

I've been trying to think of ways to help preserve the signatures on my jacket. Haven't heard about a light ironing - thanks for the tip, I'll look into it for sure, cheers.

Metalmate's picture

Cut it out or cover it with a patch ;)

568,592 items in the gallery, 881,079 comments, and 550 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments