TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > TShirt Talk

shirts with sentamental value

ManOboy
Wed, 11/05/2011 - 05:17

do any of you have shirts with extreme sentamental value? like first band shirt, or first concert, or first time getting drunk. i wana hear your stories!

heres mine (little explicit)...

well i got laid for the first time while wearing my 1990 overkill tour shirt... so yea extreme sentamental value

lak89's picture

Basically the shirts I bought at shows have more sentimental value to me than the ones I ordered online. One shirt of particular value to me is my Liquid Tension Experiment 2008 tour shirt, it was their 15th anniversary reunion tour, only 5 dates and the shirts were only of limited pressing, I got it off of ebay for quite a reasonable price (although I don't remember exactly how much it was), it baffles me however why someone would want to sell such a commemorative shirt.

Adrian's picture

My Testament - The Legacy shirt since I got that shirt when I met the guys in the band. Plus best show I've ever been to that same night

BlueEyedBeast's picture

This one: http://tshirtslayer.com/item/iced-earth-glorious-world-tour-tshirt
Got it at my first metal concert (yes, I know, I'm young, shut it up!).

ShieldbitersValhalla's picture

My Ensiferum shirt:
http://tshirtslayer.com/item/ensiferum

And my Cannibal Corpse shirt:
http://tshirtslayer.com/item/cannibal-corpse-8

Since they are my first few real metal shirts, and I wore them the most out of all of them.

BlueEyedBeast's picture

I have that Ensiferum shirt.

Adrian's picture

Oh, also my Yngwie Malmsteen - Rising Force shirt since it was my first metal shirt

crooked_cross666's picture

get this! when my parents found out i failed ninth grade they took my battlejacket away and cut my hair! nothing else besides those and when i tell people i got my kutte taken away they laugh

metalhead4ever's picture

My Slayer Reign in Blood shirt. I had traded my Celtic Frost shirt(in 1988) for the slayer shirt with my friend Roger. He died a couple years later from alcohol poisoning when he was 19yrs old. I saw his little brother wearing the Celtic Frost shirt a few years later, kinda freaked me out b/c they looked alike.

Seany Genovese's picture

I got my Vital Remains shirt from Scott Wily himself
Behemoth, I wore to my first Metal show with In Flames on their North American tour in 09
In Flames, which I got from that same show
Iron Maiden, first metal shirt I ever got
Powerstance, I got for free from the band themselves
Holy Grail(new), got it signed by James Paul Luna
Composted, I got from the band themselves

crooked_cross666's picture

probabaly my iron maiden final frontier since its my first concert shirt

Hungry_Mosher's picture

Oh dude my Fucking Satan shirt!
yeah go and try to find that one haha.
i got it last year at Graspop i wos drunk as fuck, a saw a few more like NA survive and Enforcer black angel
but i HAD to get the Satan one haha.
first thing that came to my mind wos, damn im hot.. i need to cut off the sleeves, so i did it whith an very unsharp pocket knife xD so the sleeves lookt all fuckt up.
yeah great time's :D

nothingmore's picture

My horna logo only... First bm shirt, print is fucked up so i pin it on my wall haha

SamOsborn's picture

My Iron Maiden shirt was my first. My Insect Warfare "At War With Grindcore" is pretty sentimental, as I lost my virginity in it haha.

ManOboy's picture

yea man!!! i lost mine in my overkill shirt haha its allways the greatest when someone asks about your first time then you say "oh yea i got laid first time with overkill" hahah!!!

Into Glory Ride's picture

For sure my probably very first piece of Metal Merch, namely my Guardian Hoodie! Not even the slightest of Black anymore, fits like a tent, cords are gone, and so on.... but i LOVE it!!!

https://tshirtslayer.com/hooded-top/blind-guardian-nightfall-hoodie

judascrust's picture

I wouldn't say I have any sort of sentimental feelings about any of my shirts BUT I guess there are a few that I value a little more

my psycho shirts, psycho is one of my top favorite bands and almost everything I have from them I bought directly from charlie infection, their drummer...

my gg allin "freaks faggots drunks & junkies" shirt; I don't own any gg albums anymore, i listened to the fuck outta him in high school, seen a ton of videos a bunch of times....not a huge fan of his music so much anymore (still love the early stuff tho, I pull it up on youtube now :) but i keep the shirt because gg was from new hampshire - my home state - and I think it's cool a guy like that was from my neck of the woods

Lastly my martyrvore shirts.... martyrvore is a particularly gruesome raw black/death metal band from new hamphire, totally old school, true underground goat worshipping black vomit... another favorite band of mine and one that I feel proud to know is from my area.

kereealazer's picture

My first Opeth, Skeletonwitch, and In Flames shirts basically my classic shirts from my first few shows I went to. Have had them for a long time still lwear them all the time. Used to wear them to work and they've stayed in the same condition for the past 5 years.

KingZ_AB's picture

I got a shirt at my first metal show which was Dream Theater . My taste in metal has changed and I don't even fit in it anymore but I will never get rid of it.

Queen Catsie's picture

I have a few.
I was given my Paralysis shirt by my best friend and I swear it's a good luck charm... nothing bad has ever happened to me in it, I passed my licensing exam, etc
There's a few other shirts I got from friends that I value but not quite as much
My Battlecross tank because I wore it to my first local show that got ms into the local scene
And my Rammstein 2012 tour shirt because it was the first tour shirt I ever bought

Thrashattck94's picture

My first ever proper band shirt was a Metallica one. Death Magnetic.

Another one is my first local NWOBHM shirt I got before I turned 20. Avenger. And another is a rare (I think) grey Rush debut album shirt I got from Damnation festival 2014.

577,147 items in the gallery, 883,690 comments, and 655 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments