TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > TShirt Talk

Is this Reprint or Bootleg

vkok
Thu, 26/04/2018 - 02:07

Hello everyone,

Question. I see a lot of shirts that claim to be a reprint.

Here's an example:
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/VTG-90s-Samael-Passage-album-promo-1996-t-shirt-...

is this a reprint or bootleg?

I assume its the latter, but would be great to hear your opinion.

Thanks!

meaningless's picture

i would say a bootleg...since its from Indonesia..and nowhere is written that it would be a official reprint.
but just my opinion :)

vkok's picture

I agree. But looks close to the original. The front seems to be a bit darker than what appears in the original shirt.

doomtilldeath's picture

That picture is just a computer generated image, not a picture of a real shirt. I'm quite sure the actual shirt would look different and probably nowhere near an original.

meaningless's picture

all re-printed bootlegs i have bought so far (wisely...and not the first one i saw..i compared a lot of stuff) where more or less exactly like on the pic...or at least very similiar. im happy with all bootlegs so far. And just for info: ..its not my fault that the new designs of the most bands are totaly crap..hahaha... I would buy original stuff from the band directly..if they would have something which looks good....but...the reality is sadly different..

doomtilldeath's picture

Yeah, I know there are some decent bootlegs around, mainly from Bulgaria, Mexico and Greece. Ive bought a few myself. But the difference was, those shirts I bought were all printed with silk screen printing (like vintage shirts) and the auction actually had a picture of a real shirt laying on a table. The one linked here is a picture of a shirt with a photoshopped graphic over it. So it doesnt really tell how the print will actually look. And Ive heard a lot of bad things about these new DTG (direct to garment) printed bootlegs that are all over ebay atm.

slayerslayer's picture

since the seller is calling most of their Tshirt items listed on that ebay account = reprint, you could safely estimate that it is a - reprint aka bootleg.
i think youre taking the terminology too literally if you were expecting it to be an authorised actual reprint from the band (samael) or whoever holds the license/rights to this tshirt.

TheSabbathsCreed's picture

Dude!!!! This guy copy's pics from eBay. He shows the originals that he's taken copies of. The shirts won't look like this. This is someone stealing original pics, putting them on eBay & selling you completely different items!!!! Avoid!!!

TheSabbathsCreed's picture

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Der Todesking's picture

!!!!!!!!!!!!

vkok's picture

new Cattle Decap album cover?

Nater90's picture

Hahahaha! Legend. That could work.

vkok's picture

Thanks everyone!! I assumed its just a bootleg as well. Must suck when people order in hopes of getting a reprint but get a half assed print.

Gorejuicexxx's picture

Ive seen some of those shirts. And i asked the seller for more pictures involving him or some prove that it was taken when i asked for it...
Never heard from them again...

There are some bulgarian sellers on ebay that sell high quality shirts though

vkok's picture

For sure. They were probably printing those as soon as the order came in. Haven't tried Bulgarian ones. I did try some Mexican and they were superb quality. Some better than originals.

Gorejuicexxx's picture

I saw the same one on ebay ! Please let us know

vkok's picture

For sure. Should arrive sometime next week i hope.

vkok's picture

2 and a half weeks. shirt is not here yet.

Gorejuicexxx's picture

Ohh...well 2 and a half weeks its nothing compared to what it takes here in mexico... sometimes it might take up to 3 months... for example i ordered an iron fist mag back in november... and got it 2 weeks ago

Gorejuicexxx's picture

In fact... we couldnt order shirts back in the day... up to 2013 or something like that because the labels and distros didnt want to send stuff to mexico. Because it could get lost or bootlegged. So the shirts that i got prior to that year i got them on trips. Or through mexican distros

Gorejuicexxx's picture

Anyway... i hope you get it soon :)
Thanks for letting me know

vkok's picture

3 month I would already consider dead & lost. Canada takes a while too. If I send something via post office here...even if its just across the street - minimum 2 days.

Will let you know once it arrives.

vkok's picture

Found one more store. Wild Planet Winnipeg. Looks like they carry some vintage shirts. Jusy saw some shirts that go for 30$. Testament Desciples of the Watch shirt is available for only 30$. I think otherwise its sold for 100$. Also doesn't look like they reprints.

vkok's picture

Almost a month & no shirt in sight. Will message them early next week. If no proper response. Will claim my money back. So far suckage deal.

redneck-vintage's picture

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vkok's picture

Exactly! Was hoping for a miracle I guess :)

Gorejuicexxx's picture

Sad to hear that... :(

vkok's picture

erghh lets wait until next. Who knows maybe they are delivering by foot :) And like you said before, sometimes it takes close to 3 month to get to this continent :) If they don't respond then its a problem.

vkok's picture

Found these guys in Canada. Wonder if this is legit. Lots of vintage but new shirts. Order should arrive next week. some old Enthrone Darkness shirt from Borgir & lots of CoF older shirts.

https://wildplanetmusic.storesecured.com/welcome.asp

vkok's picture

so it arrived today.

You can tell its a bootleg. Wildhoney is in a box with lines & colors on the back are pure white. Not yellow-brown.

Otherwise looks like a good print. Not bad.

https://tshirtslayer.com/tshirt-or-longsleeve/tiamat-wildhoney-5