TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

TSS is supported by ‐ monitor website changes with changedetection.io
Forums > TShirt Talk

One more metallin' tour of El Chopo market in Mexico City

mexicanuck
Mon, 19/03/2018 - 00:26

I don't know if anyone is interested in these anymore, but here's one from Saturday. Featured bands include Red Fang (I saw them on Friday), Mastodon, Kadavar, Mr. Bungle, Pearl Jam, Melvins, Sleep, Orchid, Orange Goblin, Smashing Pumpkins, Sasquatch, Triptykon, Fu Manchu and Metallica. And when I say "featured", I mean I say the name of the band and briefly show their t-shirt(s)! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFNrpu6HbpQ

Blüdrayne's picture

I watch your videos from time to time if it matters, but there aren't exactly too many bands and items of my interest.

Blüdrayne's picture

Considering that he literally started out his post asking whether people still had interest in his content, I feel that my comment is very well placed.

;)

KINGOFMETAL's picture

Good one dude

mexicanuck's picture

Gracias, El Rey!

Bayernpirat's picture

how long does it takes to see the complete market?

mexicanuck's picture

Hmmm...well, of course it depends on how much time you're spending stopping and looking. To just walk through the entire market with no stopping at all, probably close to half an hour. I generally spend about two hours each time I go there. I usually bump into people who know me, and I have come to know a few of the vendors, so it's kind of social for me too.

Antonio's picture

Cool merch tour..

mexicanuck's picture

Grazie, Tony!

oldmate's picture

Thanks again!!! I am always interested in them.

mexicanuck's picture

Right on, thanks!

Corvus Corax's picture

Thanks for another tour. Always a fun treat. Cheers mate!

mexicanuck's picture

Right on, thanks for watching!

Corvus Corax's picture

Sure thing meng.

Backwoods Heathen's picture

Love your videos man. Closest thing Ive ever seen to that in the states is the Cleveland, OH Metal flea market and when I lived in Cali they did a big street flea market in Berkeley but that was mostly tourist hippy crap.
I saw you mention that you couldn't find specific shirts in your size. Is that a common problem? I feel like I could fill up the back of a pick up with all the stuff I would want.

mexicanuck's picture

Ah, thanks! About the sizes, it's actually not that difficult, depending on your size and what you're looking for. I'm L, sometimes M, which are probably the most common sizes. So, if I see a Sleep Dopesmoker shirt and want to buy it, he'll probably have my size. But he may be the only guy with that shirt. For other shirts, you might see the same ones at every stand in every size. And really, the only size that doesn't have a vast selection is XL.

mexicanuck's picture

Thanks and thanks, DD!

I've never edited anything on Wikipedia, but it would be cool if someone added something.

Corvus Corax's picture

Haha! Too true.

mexicanuck's picture

Ha, yes!

mexicanuck's picture

Yes, one guy did a couple of years ago! He's (or was at the time) a forum member; I think Old School Bear, or something. He's in one of my videos.

SkullCrusher's picture

I think the only bad thing about that market is the place where it's located apart from that it's a really cool place to go and check which shirt or patch it's worth buying :)

mexicanuck's picture

I go to El Chop and that's it. Nothing else to see in that part of the city. It's not that it's bad, there's just nothing for me to see.

vkok's picture

Looks like metal is the thing in Mexico. Wish we had something like this here. Not a single merch shop in Toronto.

mexicanuck's picture

Yonge St. used to be full of metal stores.

vkok's picture

True. In the 90's. It was replaced by goth by end of 90's & now some other stores. Looks like most metalheads moved to adjacent towns. Not too many people walking around with metal shirts nowadays. Although the concert halls are still packed.