TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > TShirt Talk

New to Selling, how do I find out what my shirts are worth?

SylvanSanctum
Tue, 10/07/2018 - 17:06

Hello there!

I have a ton of 90's rare/collectable metal t-shirts that I am looking to sell, but I am finding it difficult to find one location to find out how much these shirts are worth. Is there a place I can look to see how much my t-shirts are worth?

Thanks for any help. I see the "sold" option under some shirts, but I don't see how much they sold for.

vkok's picture

My opinion here. Their value is determined by how much you're willing to accept for them and how much people are willing to spend on them. I would say rare vintage shirts for Black/Death Metal are around 100$. None rare can go for as low as 5$. Not worth selling if its this low. Also, their quality makes a difference. If its totally worn out, you may not be able to sell.

All deals here are private and done via PM. You may put a price tag in description to let people know...people have different tactics here...

I personally almost never message people PM's if there is no price in the description, because just like you? I haven't gotten a clue how much people want for these shirts.

Gorejuicexxx's picture

If it means something to you... mmm i dont know... really

vkok's picture

I agree. There is no proper pricing guidelines anywhere. It sucks sometimes

Gorejuicexxx's picture

Mr. doc... i wanted to ask you
The last shirts i uploaded appear flipped to the left. And i dont know what to do to put them straight again.
Is it normal?

bad_american1992's picture

If you're here exclusively to sell and make money, at least buy the sword and help support the site...

redneck-vintage's picture

well, i can give him some pointers & show him my ebay store,that way he will see the prices im selling for. i sale on facebook too. everything is for sale, but my `ole lady. LMFO

Nater90's picture

I'll give you $50 for your ole lady ;) haha.

Lots of people post stuff on eBay for mental prices and some people think that's the value and try and sell for the same, but with your collection I'd say you've been doing it a long time so would have a better idea than some stores I come across.

vkok's picture

women are priceless...the bill will come at a later time I believe.

Nater90's picture

True that, it's like restoring a car, never get back what you put in.

vkok's picture

well you can ride that car for a bit maybe
.with girls....they will ride you :))

Gorejuicexxx's picture

Hahahhahahahaha
Yeah... a darkthrone shirt does wonders for sure hahaa

vkok's picture

Darkthrone shirt is a good first impression...but its gone as soo ln as they see it :)

Nater90's picture

Haha true that.

Nater90's picture

Personally I'd become a patreon, upload individual, and let people discuss deals with you so you know they'll go to an actual fan.

VoodooChild's picture

The reason you don't see a price by the "Sold" on uploads here is because this isn't a marketplace for merch. It's a collectors site where happens to be traded and stuff is being sold. Everything that's being sold or traded happens individually and privately.

nameless_rites's picture

Go to eBay, search for the shirt and set the search for "sold items" and it will return previous sales and what the final price was.

vkok's picture

What nameless rites said is another way. it would be pretty close to correcting the prices as you would have "last sold" arguement. Although I've seen some shirts being sold for 100$ on ebay and in few weeks, same one couldn't sell for 30$. I think it was one of the older Dark Funeral shirts.

invisible-horizons's picture

I second what nameless_rites said. Also, check this site out:

https://www.worthpoint.com/

It's website that archives past eBay listings. You have to sign up though if you want to see how much the auctions went for, but it's definitely a good tool for all you collectors out there.

I'd also suggest making a contribution through Patreon to help out Doc continue to keep this site running. This place is definitely the biggest Metal merch encyclopedia on the net, so let's continue it by posting more cool stuff. Don't be a cunt and post to only sale and make a quick buck. Go to Etsy, Facebook, or eBay for that.

I hope this helps.

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments