TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Motorhead merch collectors - please read.

NIGHTRIDER
Tue, 29/11/2016 - 12:49

Hello everybody.
We pride ourselves on our Motorhead collectibles collections but I would like to point out that more than likely the really big collectors are not members of this great site - or any site.
From my past experience as a collector of antique beads and other ltems I came to realize during the years that the really big collectors usually keep away from the spotlights - some of them because they are afraid of thieves - others because they shun publicity.
So we all have to be ready for the day that someone will register to the tshirtslyer and display a huge collection of Motorhead (or any other band) collectibles.
Having said that does not come to discourage any one of us - keep in mind that we are not wealthy people - the funds that we have are usually pretty limited, some of us have families to care for, others are only a few years into collecting.
The basic rule we have to keep in mind is not the size of our collections compared to other collections of other collectors but that we have to be happy with what we have.
Competition is nice and welcome as long as we keep it fair and friendly among us.
And here at last I get to what I want to offer - many times we find items on ebay and other sites we can not afford or we do not have place for them - like band posters, my suggestion is that in that cases we will share the info here on the tshirtslayer site for the benefit of our comrades, I will be more than happy to see interesting items that I can not afford ending up in the collections of my fellow collectors here than being sold to some greedy bastard that will put them up again for sale for a rip-off price.
As I said - competition is nice - but comradeship among us is equally important.
I will be very happy to hear your opinions about my suggestion.
Cheers
Marius

NIGHTRIDER's picture

Hi
From my first minute on the site - before I registered I could see clearly that it is a community and not a shop. :)
As a matter of fact I never bothered to enlist in any other metal site - the main reason is the ages of quite a lot of the members here - 25+
At my age I have very little patience to kids that try to act up on internet sites and play trollish games.
I am familiar with the thread you mentioned and add a few items there - somehow I fear that few members here bother to take a look there or to add interesting things there.

hector.kirkwood@gmail.com's picture

Hi,
I used to collect one band heavily and because I had one of the biggest collections around (3000 items) I tended to have other collectors insulting me if I won something on ebay that they couldn`t afford, or if I said I thought one item was rare they would say it wasn't - you know, acting like a bunch of kids, for that reason I can fully understand why some people don`t want to be seen to brag about how many items they have.

I like this page because there doesn`t seem to be much of that mentallity around, either it is aimed at more serious people or they are not the `collector` type (or the mods are better at deleting/banning offendors).

NIGHTRIDER's picture

Well mate - here you will not face that kinds of attitude.
As a long time collector of various items I can tell you that jealous and envious idiots are everywhere - but they should not be a reason not to display proudly what you collect as a labour of love - if anyone will comment in an insulting way - he will be out of here in a flash.
Serious and true collectors do not talk down fellow collectors - the ones that do so usually do it to compensate for extremely underdeveloped
genitalia...
Cheers

hector.kirkwood@gmail.com's picture

Yeah I notice it's more serious collectors which is great.

577,147 items in the gallery, 883,690 comments, and 655 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments

• Five flames for Burzum, but this is not the Aske EP.
  • Such a pity, but better luck next time. I don't have anything planned yet, but I really liked the place a lot.
  • Oh damn. That would have been really nice talking to you man!
  • Mate...No way it was you 🤣 I was there as well man.
  • danke!
  • That's true and you've been there too? Wtf? Why didn't you say a word?
  • Sick
  • Mate...Don't tell me that yesterday you went to the Oberhausen gig, and were wearing a battle jacket with a Donning
  • War eine verdammt geile Show 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🍺🍺🍺
  • I'm afraid to upload my main vest. It's got Angry Aryans on the back. It might catch me a ban... haha.
  • very nice
  • THX!
  • Indeed! This and Tapping are my faves! Hope you finde it! THX
  • sick! Think my misses the merch flyer! Have to check :)
  • killer!
  • Stark. Ärgert mich dass ich sie dieses Jahr nicht erwische