TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

metallica or megadeth

no karate in pit
Sun, 04/12/2022 - 17:46

do you guys like megadeth or metallica more me personaly metallica so much good songs but i do love megadeth

Jonathan666's picture

Metallica, absolutely!

Although only until 1991, let's be clear about this!

And Megadeth also has some very good songs/albums.

no karate in pit's picture

yeah i agree but both have bad albums too risk,st anger

hopeiw's picture

have you seen them live?

meaningless's picture

imo - Megadeth have just 1 bad album - Risk...
Metallica....have many...., sadly...

Southern Rocker's picture

Megadeth.

Schizo's picture

Megadeth.

RVD's picture

metallica.

meaningless's picture

The first 4 Metallica LPs are great...but...when it comes to the whole discography...i think, for me - Megadeth wins.
No Megadeth album is great as Masters of Puppets..but...on the other hand...Megadeth have only 1 bad album....and Metallica a lot...

RVD's picture

🗣️🗣️🗣️ i see what you mean bro fr, i might change my answer but i only like killing is my business so idk 🧍‍♂️

meaningless's picture

i guess, the question here was: which band wins for you, personal - so...if u REALY like/enjoy ..just 1 album of Megadeth...and only enjoy/like the first 4 Metallica (just an example)...for sure, Metallica still wins for ya! No matter how the whole discography look like of both bands :)
so...Metallica is still ok for ya, i guess :D

JUANTHRASH's picture

Let's not do this😂

i kinda agree im in a symphony of regret
and sweating bullets about this post

though i gotta know

Thane's picture

Megadeth hands down- even their worst releases are better than Metallica’s.

Valente Imortal's picture

MortalFate's picture

I'd say Peace Sells is better than those albums. With the exception of the instrumentals.

Thane's picture

Rust in Peace beats anything that Metallica released

id beg to differ but i still love that album

Thane's picture

I loved Metallica more at your age... give it 25 years and see if you still feel the same haha

Thane's picture

Never said his taste needs to mature- simply stating that sometimes people change their minds after a long time. How tf am I shoving anything down anyone’s throat or being elitist?

Thane's picture

I love Metallica, I never said anything gatekeepy like fuck Metallica or don’t listen to Metallica only Megadeth or only posers listen to Metallica- simply giving my opinion on which I think is better and stating someone’s option could change in the future.

Thane's picture

Bro chill out everyone’s taste changes with time, it isn’t elitist at all- I don’t expect that he HAS to like Megadeth just simply stating opinions change. I don’t fucking care if anyone likes Megadeth or Metallica or Babymetal or fucking Nickleback the most. The only point I was making is that my mind changed - maybe yours will too. Jesus Christ

Thane's picture

Gatekeeping is calling someone a poser because they like a certain band or genre or calling them a poser because they don’t like the bands you do. Shitting on their favorite band because you don’t like them. I don’t think you understand what gatekeeping means.
- Gatekeeping is when someone attempts to keep information or experiences away from you. This seems to be particularly prevalent in heavy metal. “Fans” like to cut down other fans by devaluing their fandom if they don’t like a certain genre or know an obscure fact. -
I’m not fucking gatekeeping by saying maybe in 25 years this dude might like Megadeth more than Metallica. People’s music tastes ebb and flow like the tide dude

Thane's picture

No worries bro
Cheers 🍻

and if im a poser than selena gomez is black metal

Streptococcus's picture

Guess she might have some blackened influences then haha. Just playing around, just keep listening and trying to find new music man, there will always be a new great band to listen to around the corner.

thanks dude

haha got me thinkin though i wonder what ill like at that age

Thane's picture

It’s crazy to look back man my taste has expanded so much

oldmate's picture

are you saying megadeths worst is better than Metallica best ?

or megadeths worst is better than metallicas worst ?

Thane's picture

Yeah I meant even Megadeth’s worst releases are better than Metallica’s worst releases

oldmate's picture

I love them both, I think Megadeths best riffs are better, but metallicas albums are better over all. If I had to pick... MetallicA always wins

call of ctulu or hangar 18

Thane's picture

Absolutely Hangar 18, just for the solos alone

MorticiA's picture

Ehh, on a whole Megadeth, they have far better songs in the long run.

Like, the first 4 Tallica albums are a big fav, even though I almost never listen to K.e.A or Puppets (I wore it out in the early 2000s,) Ride the Lightening however has never gotten old; Justice has a few songs I really dig, but It's rarely spun. After that, I gotta be in the mood to listen to anything from the 90's (but leave it to 'Tallica to make their stuff from the 90's sound great when comparing them to the last 20 years [to be specific: Deathmagnetic and Hardwired to Self Destruct.] Like, I enjoyed ST Anger more than the last two albums, when Deathmagnetic dropped I listened and was appalled, and finally jaded; seriously LOOK at the album art for the last two albums, it's like James decided to fuck around in photoshop! And it has damn near ZERO artistic credibility.

Now, I've never seen 'Tallica in concert and some day I probably should, but considering that I simply cannot stand James Hetfiled's ego fueled vocals-AAahh! and their set list is gonna be loaded will ego fueled songs, it's hard to want to go... At this point, it's just to say I went. Megadeth however I've seen several times and I can say they blew the roof off. Over all, I think Dave Mustane's quest in the 80's to out-metal Metallica has succeeded. Their songs are written better, their solos are plotted out better [it's hard to believe Kirk was a student of Satrioni, he's really gone to seed...] it's like Metallica has forgotten to be musicians, or simply cannot be bothered, they took the Death Metal route and tried cramming all kinds of hooks and riffs that don't flow well and if they took the time to simply things they could make something much better; attitude/mindset writing music----> just throw it up and out, it'll be a platinum album in 3 months... (james---> now lemme go back to curling more iron... hmm my biceps are as big as my head~ *kisses them*.)

I'mma stop now, I just got triggered... lolx....

me too good god help us lol

MortalFate's picture

Don't go! Got into them in 1988 and never saw them. Am most glad I never did! I didn't even bother to listen to new crap after the "black album", because the self titled album was that bad. Signalled a band reinvention. Alternica was born.

doctordeath's picture

"Now, I've never seen 'Tallica in concert" everyone i've talked to who dislikes metallica for some weird reason (their own opinion of hetfield based on what they've read on the internet) has one thing in common

They've never seen Metallica live.

MorticiA's picture

I'm not saying they wouldn't have their good moments live (even without seeing them, the law of probability & average dictates they'd be good here and there,) and I don't have to "read" the internet to know that James likes to make his vocals even more up-front than in the past. I CAN say that I'm sick of hearing him go "AHHH!" at the end of every verse. I get why he does it, cause for a time it sounded great and raw. It doesn't sound that way anymore because he's used it too much, if anything it just sounds vain and ego fueled; much like their music from the last 25+ years. Frankly I'd like to see John Bush of Armored Saint take the Vocal duties (and yes I saw that Special 'Tallica anniversary vid with Bush doing vocals for "Four Horsemen", and Hetfield ruined it by doing vocals here and there cause he needed his spotlight.) It's clear that Hetfield focuses more on beefing up his biceps than his guitar chops. This is literally a quote from Hetfield: "If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks, it was probably defective and needed to be replaced anyway."

And lately for live sets 'Tallica has been playing a bunch of songs from their last two albums more than the stuff from the 80's, or even 90's; and yes before you comment on that topic, I understand that is common practice for bands to play new stuff often, or spanning across their whole catalog, and yes a band does evolve over time (or in some cases regress,) however given the bands direction musically it's enough to deter me from going to a show. Would I see a farewell tour? Yea, probably if it didn't cost an arm and a leg, but I'm not motivated to see them anytime soon.

And yea, even Kirk's talent has gone down the tubes, you'd hardly believe that he was/is a student of Joe Satrioni the way he just throws solos together, repeats them in the same song, and now abuses the wah-wah pedal like a teenager with the lotion bottle in the bathroom. But, it's like this with every band, and its impossible to please everyone, every Kittie album is different and everyone has a beef about one album or another.

Surely even you monsieur Death, there are bands that you'd prefer to not see live (keyword: prefer) based on one preference or another, or of lack there of. Either way, regardless of what I think this is all just subjective, and I don't consider my opinions to be the be-all-end-all of 'Tallica or any band; but it would appear my views have been trending for decades. Hell, if anything I WANT them to improve because I MISS having faith in them, Metallica IS what got me into Metal, AND both Kirk and Cliff inspired me to play guitar (been playing 21+ years strong now.) But the last two albums bear titles and cover-art that are apropos to their own demise as nails in their deathmagnetic coffin of self destruction; after all, their stint with Lou Reed was a real Lulu. And don't get me started on the music from those last three albums. I WILL say that the last 18 years is both a step in the right direction (akin to the original style) but just executed funky; again, my own opinion.

And, I don't have to see them live just to criticize them, 'Tallica has done enough tomfoolery on their own to garner that worldwide. Let's not forget the fate of the Googoo Dolls, they've thoroughly divided up their fan base going from Punk to College preppy chicky-boo Pop. And yes I've actually seen them live with friends and family [all of which didn't dig their music] with the Counting Crows via free backstage passes cause I've known David Immergluck since the 80's. But I don't have any desire to see either of them live out of preference cause I don't enjoy their music casually, but I do like seeing a family-friend "rock out" on stage and bring joy to the world. But, no matter how you slice it, the Googoo Dolls and the Counting Crows are still far better than Kelly Clarkson! Again, these are just my views, I'm not trying to start flamewars, irk people, sling mud at people who differ in opinion, trigger people into be angry at me, cause this is just the way me and several million other people feel; and if people dig Metallica live, or enjoy their new stuff from the 2000's or even 90's then good for the fans and the folks of Metallica.

MortalFate's picture

Speaking for myself, I'd have seen them before the black album. Was a huge Metallica fan before Megadeth and only saw Megadeth once in 2004 (and it wasn't special). But saw Mercyful Fate 4 times. Can't judge a person simply because they never saw Metallica live.

not to mention kirk hiding behind whammies now james takes over the songs now for him still my favorite band though reload was my least favorite ride the lightning and kill em all are my favorites rip cliff after he died things spiraled to shit and since they got big in the 90s all eyes were on them and they made family metal (hurl) my opion if the black album wasnt made thet wouldnt be making shit albums now

imagine dave mustaine and metallica on tour money milker and maybe a fight or two for dumb shit like lars chewing noise now that wold be funny

why did i start the war

my god ive started ww3 my deepest fear now is five finger death punch joining i hate that band

why did i make the civil war

whats next the battle of st anger and risk

i fucked myself up typing so much aughhh

my piece of mind is gone ive wasted years doing this rip cliff burton hallow be thy name

slayer or anthrax

im so triggered and do not know why both are my favorite bands

im currently triggered and don,t know why i like metallica and megadeth equally now im fighting myself auuuuuughhhhhh

megadeth be like government sucks bad politics. 19 guitar solos later

Tina Taem 22's picture

for Me Metallica and Megadeth i haven't brought their albums yet! but i do have metallica t-shirts and Megadeth T-shirts at home. 🤘🏻🤘🏻

i had to sleep on this but i like both equally

i also went insane last night because i thought to hard about this

RVD's picture

🧍‍♂️wya samson

samson's picture

idek bro, lossfer words

RVD's picture

🧍‍♂️me fr

ive started a war

Charles Gutierrez's picture

I love Megadeth but Metallica wins. For me anyway..
Even the albums everyone loves to hate are okay in my book ;)))))

everything you said is good to me except for the new albums im not a fan of reload load hardwired to self destruct death magnet garage inc or any thing new by metallica or megadeth

Charles Gutierrez's picture

I haven't heard all of the new metallica but that all nightmare long song from death magnetic is pretty bad ass lol

my brain thought this up

MortalFate's picture

The metal world is not buried in this debate. Most of us have moved on and don't care anymore.

RVD's picture

🗣️🗣️

andermatten's picture

metallica was a kind of transitional phase for me. albeit briefly I swiftly moved on to slayer, and tried to like megadeth, but never really did.

i feel like thats me right now but megadeth was what moveed me to metallica

and metallica to destruction

Iron gremlin's picture

made some memes for this masterpiece

MorticiA's picture

Math problem: Just moved (at the time) + into a broken house (keep finding new problems) x(multiply) Girlfriend/Partner falling apart medically + people often (nowadays) trying to make a "mountain out of a molehill" = Me stressed out and having to go in great detail to make sure people don't spin it as something else (helps prevent "Flamewars" in forums.)

'Sides, I'm a Writer and Graphic Artist, what do people expect? This ain't twitter after all \=P

I will say this: I didn't expect it to be long, and I even trimmed it, I didn't enjoy writing it and in Dr. Deaths defense (in hindsight) he was merely stating an coincidental occurrence and I took it the wrong way; cause I'm stressed out.

haha lol these are great

466,908 items in the gallery, 847,497 comments, and 714 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments