TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Metal on Wax Cylinder

quixotic
Mon, 29/01/2018 - 17:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR4BuM6dP44

seriously, after the glorious return of Tape and Vinyl, THIS is the next logical step!!!

Nater90's picture

Hahahaha, Different.

I was thinking of releasing my demo on micro cassette or mini CD to be different.

Corvus Corax's picture

Done over an old school answering machine, played through a Teddy Ruxpin

Nater90's picture

Now that's fucking kvlt!!!

Corvus Corax's picture

>:-}

Claudandus's picture

As a fan of obsolete forms of media storage this is insanely cool. I'd love to see 8-tacks and Laserdisc make a comeback. If nothing else than for the hell of it, and the fact that getting decent equipment to play said formats is a huge hassle here in Sweden.

Blüdrayne's picture

> 8-tracks

The band Aircraft has released I think 2 of those, but it's more a gimmick than anything.
Now laserdisks, those were an underappreciated format. They were too technically ahead of the curve for the market to afford.

Claudandus's picture

Ah, I was a little fast to post there I see. ^^

Of course it's a gimmick. What else could it be in this day and age. It's the same when bands like Bone Awl have arbitrary "only vinyl/tape is real" restrictions on their releases. Not because it's necessarily the best or most convenient format there is. But because only a certain niche of people will care enough to get the equipment required to play those kind of media. It's like using original cartridges instead of emulators when playing old games, it's the extra hassle and tinkering witch makes it fun and endearing.

I've personally never used laserdisc's. I was way too young when they came and they never really became a thing here in Sweden as far as I know.

Corvus Corax's picture

Laserdisc didn't really take-off anywhere. They were a hassle, all-around and expensive to produce and purchase. If you got a fingerprint on it, it pretty much kills it. I myself have only seen documentaries on them, and that was in the mid nineties in school. Nobody I knew had them, even my well-to-do friends who had everything.

Claudandus's picture

I guess that's why I find them so charming. The fact that they are allround unpractical and borderline nonsensical. it's sort of like something you'd see Gyro Gearloose invent.

quixotic's picture

Ghost released their live album as an 8-Track