TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > Social - Meetups / Gigs etc

Metal club

lambofgodfan00
Tue, 06/03/2012 - 07:17

So, at my college, I've decided to make a Metal club. It'll have a strong emphasis on Metal, but it'll include Rock, Industrial and Punk as well. Already got a few people interested and willing to help out!

Just kinda want to know what you guys think of this.

mayhempunk666's picture

what exactly will happen in the club?

lambofgodfan00's picture

We'll kind of just gather around and talk about/discuss Metal, Rock, Industrial and Punk.

Y'know,
-discuss bands/subgenres we like
-discuss release dates for albums and have our own album reviews
-talk about concerts and our experiences at them and notify when new concerts are coming around
-maybe watch concert dvd's -we'll vote on which one to watch-
-album cover discussions
-talk about how the music and/or bands would fit into videogames we like -possibility-

and many more things like that. I've had the idea since I started last semester, and I'm still getting more ideas for it.

mayhempunk666's picture

maybe add like some kind of music piece too it, where you all discuss the musicality and play it and what not

lambofgodfan00's picture

Yeah, my girlfriend came up with that idea. She mentioned that if some of us are musicians, such as myself, we could demonstrate a song we've been working on -could be a cover, could be original-.

That would be awesome, and I'm sure all of us would probably get into how complex the musicality and musicianship of some of our favorite bands/subgenres are...so that's a really good idea.

mayhempunk666's picture

what school are you at?

lambofgodfan00's picture

Weber State in Utah.

Blüdrayne's picture

organise gigs. and activities. it'd be cool if you guys have a "clubhouse" you guys can hang at and listen to metal. and please, keep it true. no shit, just metal.

lambofgodfan00's picture

If it gets to that point, we actually can have concerts at the school. We'd just have to cover the cost for the facility and if it's after hours, security.

Blüdrayne's picture

if there are gigs outside school it might be cheaper to organise a trip to gigs together. you wont have to fiddle with sound systems and such too. and you wont have any restrictions. ;)

lambofgodfan00's picture

that would be a good idea, if we could work out a deal with some local venues around town to have us host local bands and stuff.

Blüdrayne's picture

or, if there are any ticketed gigs you guys can probably get bulk deals or such. honestly, the hard part is getting people in.

Adrian's picture

You've already got a local thrash band if I can get ahold of a decent bassist and drummer for gigs! Haha

DeathMetalCraze's picture

Thats cool. Im trying to start a metal community in lawrence massachusetts

lambofgodfan00's picture

Thanks man! Good luck, also.

Maddolis's picture

Try to find beer and steak sponsors.

mayhempunk666's picture

+1000000

Blüdrayne's picture

at the very least you guys can share the cost of buying in bulk.

578,656 items in the gallery, 884,161 comments, and 671 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments

• You struck gold, this is amazing!
  • AGREEED🔥🔥
  • Such a bad ass find!
  • You print this?
  • DAMN!
  • OH! I love that the back says ILLinois. I love sporting Bands from my home State!
  • Were these practice runs for Hells Head Bangers?
  • Good old German Thrash!
  • Die 3 zusammen wären auch einiges mehr Wert das es jeweils nur 50 bis 100er Auflagen gibt
  • Würde dir auch alle 3 für den Regicide geben, also den HM Power '83, den Metal Bastards und den Freundschaftspatch
  • Der ist auch neutral
  • Thank you!
  • Cool one!
  • Awesome vinyl..
  • Der HM Power Germany '83 ist komplett neutral
  • Passt ja zur Truppe.