TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Manufacturers & Sellers: Stop inflating the price for Triangle Patches...

MorticiA
Fri, 21/02/2020 - 01:23

Title says it all, but it bears reiterating: Stop inflating the price of Triangle patches.

I've seen it time and time again, thus I know all "you" have too. I don't know WHY they do this, frankly it doesn't make a lick of sense to me as Square patches have more surface area and you get WAY less design on Triangles due to the small surface area. Frankly, this whole notion utterly illogical to me and if people can tell me why, I'll listen...

But, seriously, I've seen new Triangles go for the same price as a printed back patch! And granted, while some Triangles truly are limited edition (and numbered to prove it,) others aren't and are simply new stock. At $16+, there's a variety of explicit phrases I can toss out, cause given the lower amount of material these things should cost UNDER $10, and even getting close to $10 is still pretty out there... And don't tell me it varies with the band and album, cause I don't believe that either, if that truly IS the reason then your literally being greedy and that's straight up bullshit. Yea, I know you got bills to pay, yea I know you got debts to solve, but don't stoop to ripping the rest of us off.

As much as we're all made of money (and we're not mind you,) the truth of the matter is that we're all under hard times financially (most of us at least,) and before a bunch of hypocrites start shaking their finger at the rest of us for having a hobby and not blowing it on booze and cigs, need I remind you that your pants are on fire; so you can take your troll shit elsewhere. So, as far as I'm concerned, the aforementioned shame-argument is null and void. Even in hard times people still spend a little here and there to have a little pick me up in life, and if we didn't I'm sure sales would be much lower and the economy would suck even worse. Shit, places even mark items down JUST to attract impulse buyers, and small/useless items are king at that 'cause they do practically nothing thus making you want to buy more.

Straight up: Stop jacking the prices up for Triangle Patches, there's no reason for it, and if there IS... I'd like to hear it, because I don't believe it.

Yea, I'm irked, but I'm more annoyed than anything, and I guess this was the straw that broke the camels back, so I guess take my rant with a grain of salt.

edit 2-21-20: I'm editing the title a little to include "Sellers" as it's clear that it's not always the Manufacturers fault of cost inflation.

WSinned91's picture

Triangular patches take more effort in die cutting them into shapes perfectly symmetrical, and at an effective rate of making enough to compensate a fulfilled stock. Lifting a finger by anyone is costing you. Although prices have risen in that respect. But...16$ per patch under 10x10cm ?? Where the hell are you buying patches from?

MorticiA's picture

Thanks for telling me about the process, I guess anything can seem either logical or illogical especially when you don't know how it's being made. Still, very odd in terms of die cutting, I guess it's those thin corners that make things difficult cause they have a higher chance of warping and tearing. And yea, I know that any effort will add to the cost. I do know getting the embroidered edges at the corners is a challenge, but that just can't add to the price.

Good question with a surprise answer: I didn't buy them, despite the fact that they looked great; reliable seller too, I've bought from then many times. https://ebay.com/usr/gilus_pogrindis

'Gonna be honest, I think I'll just modify an existing square patch and turn it into a Triangle... It just just seems more economical and easier to attain. Granted, some patches I'd never do that cause they're damn hard to find, but you get the gist.

WSinned91's picture

The eBay user under gilus_pogrindis has another shop under IPR666 or Inferna Profundus Records, and they offer discounts to buyers Morticia. I can attest to it cause I just made a purchase on their site with a discount added once I filled my payment info in.

Check it out: https://www.ipr666shop.com/

Maybe you’ll find the same patches you seek listed on eBay on their shop. I find their prices are cheaper on the website rather than the eBay listings for some reason. Their quality is great for their woven stuff though.

WSinned91's picture

The patch “market” is becoming over-saturated (as everything else wrong amongst the “metal scene” these days) as a beached pod of whales. With everyone trying to cash in on the patch trade and on the battle jacket themed attire appealing to the lowest common denominator. Regardless of vintage. What’s worse is printed, silkscreen, and sublimated patches selling for the price of higher-tier woven patches as seen on Etsy and other alternative venues for acquiring patches suitable for your next “battle jacket WIP”. Yet people continue to purchase at these ridiculous prices whilst inflating prices for all other forms of patches. Cognitive dissonance is as rife as Coronavirus and Sabaton patches. Must be all the common core math.

MorticiA's picture

Yea, I've noticed Iron Maiden has a ridiculous amount of patches; some awesome, some really "meh." And many of the modern "Meh" ones aren't worth the price.

YES, I've noticed this artificial inflation across the board with these printed/silk/sub patches and I've heard many are tripe. I look at them and go "phat chance! Show me $12 in this patch and I'll give you a few bucks for a candy bar and some change for the arcade..." And forget about durability...

Heh, dude, I love the "to the point" sardonism here, you've hit many nails with one hammer blow.

"We're not gonna take it! No! We ain't gonna TAKE IT! We're not gonna take it, anymore!!" -T.S. (If only...)

MorticiA's picture

Yup. 'Still, all it takes is suggestion to create a domino effect. One dude buys something inflated when it shouldn't be and it gives others incentive to do the same or continue. 'Doesn't make it right.

SolveMyMath's picture

^
This! I have nothing else to add, Doc is absolutely right!

Minty's picture

You're also going off of eBay prices. EBay seems to have the most overinflated prices compared to sellers here or in Facebook groups.

RuhrpottKomplott's picture

Well, if you are already vocal about triangles almost not being worth the hassle anymore, try diamond shaped patches, That's twice the triangle work and you don't see too many patch makers putting forth any designs. But truth be told: Most fans prefer "common" shapes anyway, squares and circles are prevalent and fairly sought after

MorticiA's picture

Hmm, lately I've seem a good handful of Diamonds and other shaped patches, I actually like what they've done, but more often than not I see it for bands I don't know or not interested in putting on my jacket.

And yea, Squares are pretty much a staple in the hobby, they align up well and the circles add nice contrast.

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments