TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Let's hear your crazy stories from the mosh pits

MrCrispy13
Wed, 22/02/2023 - 05:16

Lets hear about those times when you went WTF? at a crazy show and either laughed out loud or got the hell out of the way...
My top three I can remember tonight:

'85 Exciter / Megadeth / Hirax playing general admission at a ROLLERSKATING rink! Exciter was doing a long drum solo thing so we ducked into the mens room to smoke a joint and Katon the singer for Hirax and two guys from Megadeth (not Dave) were already in there, and it was like two stalls and a urinal sized. We pulled out a joint and they said 'fine but no room for more' and blocked the door. We got stuck in there until one guy said 'shit, their set is almost done, we gotta go!' and promptly we all bailed on the bathroom in a cloud of smoke and two of them went to the stage...and Megadeth started. I nearly fainted and kicked myself for years that I didnt get an autograph. 15 yrs later I traded emails with Katon and he remembered the whole thing. Nice guy.

'86 at Adams Ave Theatre for the 'Slaytanic Death Fest' on the Slayer Hell Awaits tour, some idiot screams SLAYER! and jumps from the stage left balcony onto the cement floor in a swan dive with arms back...and the crowd parted and he went SMACK. That was the first of two ambulance arrivals that night.

'01 Seattle at the Paramount, Slayer God Hates Us All tour... there was a bar in the back of the Paramount and as the guys ramped up with Angel of Death, this lady climbed up on a bar table, lifted up her skirt, and pulled off her WOODEN LEG. She hopped down and then began swinging it around in circles clobbering people until security hauled her off. Slayer fans are their own breed of crazy.

Good times. Lets hear some crazy shit youve seen at shows.

no karate in pit's picture

fucking slayer

CEROXER's picture

at the SLAYER concert in 2011 in Mexico. I spent the whole concert throwing people in the slam (I measure 6.3`, corpulent). in the song of angel of death a wall of death was formed. and apparently I was the target of more than one in it, they threw me on the buttocks and it was my first time hitting the ground doing a slam. It became clear to me that from that day on, I should hit the others even harder.

andermatten's picture

excellent!

slayerslayer's picture

i got into a fist fight with some "professional photographers " who thought they were immune standing in the front row , centre at a motorhead show. obviously they underestimated the crowd, and told me to fuck off you cant mosh here . slammed them and got into a fight.

slayer gigs - thats a whole thread in its self .

chipped teeth at morbid angel '93
2 black eyes at testament '08?

most hardest pit , Baroeg '99 .napalm death

HELLHAMMERED's picture

I forget if It it was during Obituary or Kreator in 2017, but saw someone super drunkenly dive off the beer garden rail (into the general crowd) directly onto the floor, then carried back through the crowd to their ambulance

no_teleology's picture

I was at the front for Autopsy at MDF 2022, apparently a few feet behind me there was a girl squatting on a dudes face pissing on him while people in the pit were cheering and taking pics. There was a video of it floating around on Twitter.

CHAD_THUNDERCOCK's picture

At Metallica in Grand Forks ND in '18, and some dude decked my buddy in the face a couple of times because he was being a punk.
Later met that same guy at the Slipknot show in Fargo, we became friends he was a cool dude.

i call that duality

andermatten's picture

during a mosh pit-circle at meh suff, a woman completely dressed in military fatigues started throwing a cuddly shark toy into the air. and a guy in orange hi-viz suit directed the traffic. and there was this guy that fell asleep on the edge of the pit around two hours into the festival, who was carried away by ambulance staff shortly after.

my dad back when he was young went to alot of shows most memorable was the family values tour with korn limp bizkit and primus i think

and some dude he remembered proposed in the pit another was piggy back riding and another was humping a beach ball

tuxedokittens's picture

once a man came up to me and asked me to put him on a leash and throw him into the pit and then stared at me from across the venue the rest of the night. i got him to buy me a shirt though so its chill

MrCrispy13's picture

Creepy as hell, but a great story!

Allpathsendthesame's picture

The only time I got to see Slayer, the area where the pit obligatorily had to be was a grass covered hill. It was quickly a slippy muddy mess. Throwing children down a giant muddy hill while Slayer played Postmortem was a life goals of mine I actually got to realize and it was perfect.

I knocked a guy out in a Cattle Decapitation pit in like 2005. I'm a big dude. 6'3. I avoid fighting if at all possible though. This dude wouldn't leave me alone and it was a tiny club (Satyricon in Portland, OR) so I couldn't hide even if I wanted to. Dude started throwing punches while I was in the pit. I caught him under his jaw and he was out like a light. Travis then puked all over us. Don't know if he still does that because I haven't seen them in years. It was wild though.

holy shit dude that sounds awesome throwing people down hills

Arch_Caligula's picture

I’ve spoken fondly in the old thread of this about Midnight and Nunslaughter live at Now That’s Class in Cleveland in 2020 right before COVID. Quick recap:
-Moshing that enveloped the entire front half of the crowd and venue during both band’s sets.
-Fireworks going off in the pit during Midnight’s set.
-A guy being carried out on a stretcher halfway through Midnight.
Total chaos and I left out some other insane shit that happened for sake of brevity. It was like the lyrics of “Metal Command” by Exodus brought to life. However another recent show is pretty damn close in terms of insanity.
D.R.I. at No Class. In 2022, the owner of Now That’s Class sold the venue to a new owner, who retitled it to No Class. Rest assured, the shows weren’t any less crazy.
Recap for this show:
-One of the opening bands called Weedwhacker had these tall potted plants as part of their stage show which quickly were thrown off the stage and flung around by the crowd till security yanked them away.
-Before D.R.I. went on there was a beanbag chair being thrown around the crowd. I got hit with it full force twice and it eventually got flung at the drum kit. Cue boos from everyone in the crowd at whoever threw it and the band getting visibly annoyed at having to set up the kit again.
-D.R.I. actually starts playing. Much like Midnight the entire front half of the venue is a raging pit with the front row being everyone banging their heads with fists held high. The closest I could compare this pit to is a cartoon dust cloud with fists and kicks emerging from it and glass shattering noises with cat screeches thrown in. Literal cartoon ball of violence.
-Something that wasn’t as present with Midnight was the almost constant stage diving. There almost seemed to be a constant rotation of different people flying off the stage into the crowd as the set progressed.
-The fireworks in the pit returned, though Kurt quickly told the crowd to stop detonating them.
Total insanity. One of the best shows I’ve ever been to.

576,867 items in the gallery, 883,593 comments, and 657 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments

• Sweet Megadeth BP..
  • Killer LS..
  • Yes
  • that green
  • This is one sick poster, I love seeing both sides of the album's jacket displayed as one image.
  • Nice
  • Anyone got any info on this patch?
  • Mega
  • I seen the mercyful fate one posted or advertised somewhere a good few weeks ago.
  • 送我
  • These are crazy hard
  • 🤘🏻 Sick show it was, cheers 🍻
  • https://youtu.be/wPHpAQyODHk?feature=shared
  • Full Flames!!! I never saw this poster before. I own the EMP, but this is fucking supreme! Really cool album by Sodom.
  • I cut it off of the sleeve from an old air force flight jacket that I thrifted.
  • Could you possibly explain the camo inside pocket. I am very interested on how it functions