TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Last show before COVID-19

oldmate
Wed, 15/04/2020 - 13:48

What was the last show you saw before COVID-19 lockdowns ?

For me, it was Sulfuric Cauter (USA)

Jevi's picture

Axxis!

Katafalk's picture

Slipknot and Behemoth

Minty's picture

Weedeater in Chicago. Great show too!

Looking into the darkness's picture

Hell Over Hammaburg Festival (Germany announced today, that bigger events until 31st August this year are forbidden... RIP festival summer ;-( )

slayerslayer's picture

4 more months

VoodooChild's picture

Satan, Sad Iron and Overruled. But idk if it really counts cuz it was in 2017 and I kinda quit going to shows.

meaningless's picture

oh...2017 your last gig u saw? ..what happend..if i could ask? (if u dont mind to tell..for sure)

VoodooChild's picture

It was 2018 btw. I did my math wrong hahah. But still a long time now. And np I dont mind you asking :P
I think there are a couple of reasons which all add up to no interest anymore :P

-for one I really noticed I started to enjoy less concerts. At points realizing I was counting down time looking at the setlist that was online till I finally could go home. Only reason not just fucking leaving because it felt like a waste of money. I mean I paid for something better sit it out.
-basically around the same time I was realising I had been like this for a year (we talking 2016 now) I had a big car accident (which was completely my fault btw I crashed the car) and since then I have a bit of problems with my back. Sitting is no problem, walking is no problem. But standing still for longer than 20 min in the same spot is excruciating for my back. Feels like I snap in half.
And walking around in circles at a gig is stupid ofc. And yeah I I could 'move around' in a pit so I wouldn't be standing still. But pits don't help with back pain.
So basically it's the combination of 9/10 times just not being able to mentally let it in and counting the seconds and the songs so I can go home like I am back in high school in math class all over again with the fact I can barely stand anyway that made me skip everything since 2018.

I mean I have enjoyed some concerts since 2015, when my father gifted my girlfriend 2 metallica vip tickets cuz she graduated and we went I absolutely loved the show. Not only the music but the whole setting with the vip lounge and the show with the lights and fireworks etc. But even with the mental part taken care off I just had to move to the backside to lean against a wall or sit every 15 min.

oldmate's picture

man sorry to hear about the car crash :(

VoodooChild's picture

Don't be it was all my own fault lol.
You reap what you sow

oldmate's picture

your fault or not.. its never good when people get injuries

meaningless's picture

ouch..yes...thats horrible to hear. ...but i can understand the whole situation. Mine is similiar lately (sadly)...not a car-crash..but a work accident (in combination with osteoporosis) ...i didnt stop to watching shows..but its down to 1/4 of what i was watching years ago. I have the same problem like u, with staying a long time (longer then 20-30mins) at the same spot. Sitting is ok..but..well..not every show u can sit somewhere and see the stage anyway..
And even 'Counting songs till the end to finaly drive back/go home' sounds familiar to me..sadly..because of the same reasons like u mentioned. Cchheerrss and wish u all the best :)

VoodooChild's picture

same to you!
I will go to anything I find interesting (there just haven't been that many lately) when I find the chance. But I know for sure I won't be doing a festival ever again haha. Just too much

Maquina_Muerte's picture

Strength wished !

sfusyron's picture

Sacred Reich. Vio-Lence, Excel, Sworn Enemy..Napalm Death, Aborted, Tombs was next ..

oldmate's picture

Sacred Reich. Vio-Lence - cancelled Australia :(

ThrashMetal1982's picture

Fueled By Fire back in January. Got some fun before the lockdowns were implemented later on.

meaningless's picture

great band...i guess it was great..haha (saw them years ago here in Slovenia..great!)

ThrashMetal1982's picture

Definitely a great band. The crowd was not so great at times. It was their first time playing since 2016.

Kofuv6's picture

Jönköping Metal Fest 6-7th of March

Friday: Taake, Desaster, IXXI Insane, Istapp

Saturday: Asphyx, Centinex, Siniestro Frantic Amber, Wormwood, Feral

Cosmoblaze's picture

Thor and Bitch; March 12 at the Whiskey A Go Go, California

Nater90's picture

Rick Astley!!!

bad_american1992's picture

I'm dying hahaha can't believe you got rick rolled as a grande finale

Nater90's picture

Hahaha, sang with Rick word for word!!

welgrrr's picture

Metal assault Festival 15.2.20 with sortilege, chris holmes and the mean man, Tower.....
in Würzburg Germany....it was a great event as always!!!!!!

meaningless's picture

Lucky me, my last gig was
THE BAY STRIKES BACK-tour with Testament, Exodus, Death Angel..haha...
a rly damn nice gig to be the last for a long time (it seems)

meaningless's picture

very good, with a pretty long setlist. Stuff of every album incl. 2 new tracks from ther actual album. Very tight gig, was great. Perma moshpit from the first to the last song, sold out show- the venue was completley packed.hahaha

meaningless's picture

oh...thats bad luck, indeed. Since they play very often in europe (compared to other bands...i didnt have seen in god damn 20 years..lol) ...Next time then, i guess they come again on Headliner tour, after our Virus-drama!
(i have seen them a few times, most crazy gig i think was together with slayer..back in...hm...1999? no idea..maybe 2000..haha..cant remember. Slayer, Testament, Armored Saint, The Kovenant...if i remember correctly)

primordial_hordes's picture

Villagers of Ioannina City

Pecivo's picture

it was slovenian mince core band f.t.d. i know i was working afternoon and i went from my job to see the show and back to work :D
you have to check this boys out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGm3R4KBH0s

oldmate's picture

will do

meaningless's picture

i love gigs in Slovenia - the crowd there is always amazing!! No matter what i saw in Slovenia (Kreator, Overkill, Blind Guardian, Immolation..etc etc) - u guys (and surpriseing a lot of girls every time, even on death/thrash gigs) are always crazy as fuck. I love to go to shows to Slovenia :D

Daniel Sodomaniac's picture

Asphyx at the Metal fest Jönköping.

slayerslayer's picture

obituary , melbourne, 2020

Bonesaw's picture

Thrash Alliance 2020 Hannover
Headliner Destruction,
Suicidal Angels,
Legion Of The Damned
Black Breath

It was a great evening. The Suicidals and Destruction fickin' kicked ass! And the other ones too of course. They played ZZ Top in between some of the performances.
Can’t wait for the next gig!

oldmate's picture

I think ZZ Top are one of the best bands ever !

Bonesaw's picture

A good friend introduced ZZ Top to me a couple of months ago. Before that I don’t really took a note of them. He send me the Burgerman video. I was stoked. Yeah, they are great!
Better late than never, right!?

meaningless's picture

oh...same here..im not rly much into ZZ Top..dont even know more then 1-2 classics...but fuck...this Burgerman song is amazing!! lol Maybe i should to a few more stuff from them..haha

SatansSweatySack's picture

Fuck yes! Saw the same dudes in the Netherlands before all this bullshit went down. Crazy god damn show that was.

MetalBrewer's picture

Anvil.
Deep in enemy territory - Derby!

Antonio's picture

LOL....enemy territory cos of football rivalry ?

MetalBrewer's picture

Nailed it Antonio!
Derby don't see us as a rival mind, more as a mild annoyance down the road!

madbutcher's picture

Suffocation here in Athens!

Demolition_hell_hammer's picture

Profanatica, 2019 november

pigwalk42's picture

Magma,
1 day exactly before lockdown announcements

KleptoSkuld's picture

Seeing Atheist last december for the first time and it was fucking insane to actually hear Piece of Time live in person. One of the best live performances from a band I've ever seen it was nice to go out with a bang but damn this sucks lol

quixotic's picture

SAXON, DORO, Tygers of Pan Tang and Diamond Head on 7th March in Düsseldorf, Germany.

Antonio's picture

Wow....what a line-up ! It was great, I guess.....

quixotic's picture

Saxon and Doro were brilliant, she joined them later on in their set for Denim and Leather and it was awesome.
Unfortunateley Tygers and Diamnond Head only head half an hour each, so that really sucked.

MonoWhisper763's picture

Attended a record release party for Midnight's new album, then I missed them out the following night when they played with Sacrifice. But at least I got to meet them and see them play upfront

miggy_666's picture

Immolation and Blood Incantation. As good as Blood Incantation are, Immolation made them look like a bunch of studio gangsters.

Kofuv6's picture

Lmao, underrated comment

KleptoSkuld's picture

Haha man could not have said it better myself lol. i was at the anaheim show i'm pretty sure lol and was never big on all the BI hype but they ok. Fucking Immolation killed and probably nobody remembered blood incantation

MorticiA's picture

Oh man, that MUST have been awesome. I was binge listening to Immolation last night!

I saw a vid of an uber large festival in France (I think) in like 2010 with Krisiun and Immolation, and Immolation dominated. And mind ya, I LOVE Krisiun, but Immolation was vicious!

Antonio's picture

Sadly....D.A.D. in my hometown last december....sigh !

Satanic Warlord's picture

6.3.2020 , Blackdeath (Rus.), Mlada Boleslav , Orthodox Club!!!

Satanic Warlord's picture

I am there often (I have been often)! I really like the club and the boss! I hope that this shit (corona) will be over soon and I can visit this club again, as well as other concerts !!!!

Fleshgold's picture

Alcest, Birds in Row and Kælan Mikla in Geneva

sandmanforce's picture

The Bay Strikes Back - tour with Testament, Exodus, Death Angel...Wien...what a night!

bad_american1992's picture

Gwar, Sacred Reich, and Toxic Holocaust in October 2019

kimo's picture

My last show was The Darkness - on their Easter is cancelled tour......which turned out to be quite prophetic.

Hárbarðr's picture

The Hellacopters on 12th March here in Santiago, absolutely amazing show!!

Joel's picture

Vader in Oakland, California back on February 27th.

HELLHAMMERED's picture

Went to a local one after, but last real show was Riot City & Traveler’s euro tour send off on February 22nd

cmellon719's picture

Mine was Immolation/Blood Incantation in September 2019. Bought a new house in October 2019, so I didn't get out to many shows for a few months. Did have tickets to a bunch of shows in 2020 that have been CANCELLED (Possessed/Pestilence, Midnight, Rippikoulu/Ch'the'ilist, Spectral Voice/Krypts, Decibel Metal and Beer Fest postponed... Demilich postponed!

cmellon719's picture

actually I lied... I saw King Diamond in November haha! It was so hot at King's Theater that I must have blocked it out

Freyjawulf's picture

It was Visigoth in London.. I didn't actually go to the gig to see Visigoth though, I don't really care for them! Went for Aggressive Perfector and Eliminator and to see pals.
Last gig I went to that I really cared about the bands was Finnfest back in February, with Demilich and more! Looking back, that weekend is like the most amazing dream now - every band was excellent, and friends from all over the place were in London for it. I have no idea when there'll next be another weekend like it now :( went to Brofest since then, but again that was more a social thing than a band thing!

T-skjort-Slaktarn's picture

For me it was Nervosa at Nalen Klubb, Stockholm, Sweden. Great show! Small scene, small club in basement. Total impossible a month later! What a show, they were ripping the crowd apart.

CEROXER's picture

And now, nervosa split....

oldmate's picture

yea 2 of hte 3 have gone.

CEROXER's picture

For me, aurelio voltaire.... goth concert

wlfwd's picture

Hällas, 4. March.
It was coming a great spring with many shows.

Maquina_Muerte's picture

Disfear - mini Benelux tour (3 shows)... Antwerp show on March 5. Yes, right before the lockdown! \,,/

Nuclearwinter's picture

Enforcer/Toxic Holocaust/Municipal Waste and Skeletal Remains. Had a killer night!

The_Cyborg_Slayer's picture

Exhumed/Gatecreeper/Necrot in November last year

MorticiA's picture

The Original Misfits in Oakland 2019. Fucking AMAZING concert where the crowd was louder than the music, even Danzig said "You're sounding pretty good!" Don't let the crummy vids fool you on YT, the band was amazing and Danzigs pipes were on point!

Reinhardt's picture

Did not expect anything, but Nervosa three months ago totaled Jack the Rooster, Tampere.

Imaginos's picture

Ross the Boss in Seattle in February.

DeathFuckinMetal's picture

Cattle Decapitation & Revocation in February!

lambofgodfan00's picture

It was a local band I was filming in Feb.

Through Eternal Mourning

Tom Kyle's picture

Kvelertak, Planet Of Zeus and Blood Command in Hamburg. An evening with an explosive atmosphere!!

Antichrist-Germany's picture

Napalm Death + Eye hate God + Misery Index + Rotten Sound + BAT in Oberhausen (February 2020)

Speed or Bleed's picture

Uli jon roth with a neoclassical show, been into this shit but it was rather boring :/ looking forward to when gigs are possible again, craving like every maniac out there! Take care guys

CEROXER's picture

MAX & IGOR CAVALERA - arise set , Mexicovid 2019

frankie530's picture

Iron Maiden’s Legacy of the beast tour in tinley park, IL. August 22nd, 2019

nuclearthrasher666's picture

Lucifer's Child with Cursed Blood here in Athens. I am so pissed the amazing gigs like Sodom ( first time in Greece with the "new" line up), Blood Incantation, Merciful Fates etc got cancelled. Some of them are rescheduled for September and October but realistically there is no chance this lives will happen. It's a very shitty situation without a doubt. The only "positive" thing for me is that this shit is happening this summer and not last year simply because I could not even contemplate the idea that I could miss the final tour of fuckin' SLAYER !!!!
Is it really a coincidence that almost the moment Slayer broke up the whole WORLD is going to shit ????

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments