TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > Social - Meetups / Gigs etc

Keep It True XXII 2019

Blacky666
Sat, 27/10/2018 - 08:35

KEEP IT TRUE XXII (26. - 27.04.2019)
Location: Tauberfrankenhalle in 97922 Lauda-Königshofen (GER)

-SOLD OUT-

Confirmed Bands (27.10.2018):

-Candlemass (SWE)
-Midnight (USA)
-Aria (RU)
-Culprit (USA)
-Revelation 23 (USA - Featuring John Cyriis of Agent Steel)
-Cities (USA - First Ever Show in Europe)
-Texas Metal Legion (USA - All Star Band)
-Solstice (UK)
-Juggernaut (USA) (First Time in Europe)
-Savage Master (USA)
-Satan (UK)
-Sacred Rite (USA) (First European Show)
-Idle Hands (USA)

Date: 
Friday, April 26, 2019
Germany

Daniel Sodomaniac's picture

Will be there as always but the line up is abit weak for me personally.
I hope they add some other cool stuff, it will be a great trip anyway :) .

gloriousdeath's picture

Would love to go...but of course sold out already again...

HeavyMetalManiac1997's picture

As always, lots of tickets are sold in the two weeks before the festival.
Especially this year, since the line up is weaker than usually... It looks like there are way more sellers than buyers this year.

Metalmate's picture

I got everything packed and I am ready to go!! !!! I hope Aria will bring some vinyl!

Blacky666's picture

i am ready too ;)

Looking into the darkness's picture

I am a little bit shocked still, that Solstice and singer Paul Kearns have split up just some days before the KIT. It's one of the shows I am looking forward to seeing the most. ;-/ I hope they will find some adequate replacement for this outstanding vocalist.

SolveMyMath's picture

Guys, please let me know if Agent Steel have played there and how they perform. I really wanna know what I have (or have not) missed at the cancelled show in Eindhoven. :)

welgrrr's picture

You missed nothing!!!!....Waiting for a long long time ´til mister Cyriis finally shows up, plays a few songs and talk a lot of shit
ruining the name of mighty angent steel ...Fuck it

Looking into the darkness's picture

Well I must admit I was pretty drunk at that time when he showed up, but the few songs they played where completely crushing, my neck is still in pain!! That man can sing, although some of my friends told me afterwards that he wasn't on point sometimes, but it was pretty fine with me. ;-)
We were pretty well prepared, everybody had their aluminium-alien-protection-helmet on, so we were safe from interstellar interference of any kind. The only error was, that we did not bring the protection-helmet for the man himself, Mr. Cyriis. It's true, when they should finally start to wreck the place apart, only the band showed up on stage. They couldn't begin their show due to a missing vocalist for like 45 minutes(?) and we heard, that he is "stuck in traffic". I mean, better than "Cancelmass", but that is a different story....
The next day, rumours where going - and this is the most funny part about it all - that this has happened:
- Mr. Cyriis was the whole time outside before the festival area, but didn't want to leave his car, because - get yourself seated - there was no bodyguard protecting him on his way to the stage and during the show. Yeah... As I said, we should have kept an aluminium-alien-protection-helmet for him, but we were also not asked by the festival authorities, so I consider it only 50% being our fault!
- after the show there was of course some kind of verbal conversation going on between Mr. Cyriis and his band, because he messed up the whole show
- I've also heard, but I have not decided yet if I should believe it, that he refuses to pay his bandmembers for the show
- finally they seem to have broken up after this one show and cancelled the complete tour
- Mr. Cyriis then started to "rockstar" his hotel room, which means he tore it apart so badly, that the police was called and he was taken to jail
Hell yeah, Mr. spaceman made me do it! :-D
Once again: I want to point out, that these are RUMOURS which where told the day after the gig on the festival. It is such a crazy story, that I think there is some truth to it. Also, the day after the show I heard, that some places which booked the tour where announcing that they cancel the show, because they can neither guarantee that Mr. Cyriis shows up, nor that the performance was entertaining to their audience.
After all, I feel pretty blessed for being there and being presented at least a couple of songs, but I truly believe there were many people pretty pissed off by Mr. Cyriis, hahahaha.
Bottom line: don't forget to bring the mighty AAPH!! (aluminium-alien-protection-helmet)
%-]

welgrrr's picture

Yes i have to say the performance....when he finally showed up....was not bad,
but the whole thing just pissed off so many people. I mean the venue was completley full with people even in the back and a lot of people were leaving after the long waiting time, or - like in my case- when he showed up the anticipation was completley gone and i could not enjoy the (very short) gig anymore, but i think thats my problem.

To the rumours you mentioned i can say that i heard the exact same things and stories. But as you said these are RUMOURS!!!
So sad and embarassing for he rest of the band members- what can i say ...to me and my friends it was a big dissapointment :(

MasterDeath's picture

Hahahaha you guys looked fantastic with the foil helmets on! https://imgur.com/l9blQTy
Yeah, I heard the same rumors... He has such an amazing voice, too bad that he's an asshole.
Aria killed that day though! Aгент кто?

HeavyMetalManiac1997's picture

Okay, now I really feel the need to say something, because I thought absolutely no one could ever say that anything about this show was crushing. :D
But first: You guys looked AWESOME!!! with those helmets, that idea was so fucking cool! :D

So, anyway...
I think for many people Agent Steel were the band they were looking most forward to. Same for me. If they hadn't been confirmed, I might have sold my ticket.
After Anthem everything went as usual, the band came on stage and they had their soundcheck and stuff. After a while, everybody got a little annoyed, and then some more annoyed and the crowd really started to turn against Cyriis when one of the two organizers (Tarek something, I believe) came on stage to inform us that Cyriis was stuck in a traffic jam and they will definetly play. That was fucking stupid, because there is no traffic in Lauda-Königshofen on a Friday evening, so nobody believed that... I think that was about 30-40 minutes into the break. Then people started chanting BUUUULLLLSHIIIIIT, ARIA ARIA ARIA and stuff. Lots of people had their middle fingers up in the air. At that point I also took of my Agent Steel shirt and prefered to freeze than to show support for any of this farce. He finally came on after a 65 minute break!
And what followed was just absolutely embarassing... First of all, the sound was really bad. The guitars just sounded like WWWWWWWWW and it seemed to get worse with every song. During the chorus of the third song, Rager, my friend (who is a diehard Agent Steel fan) just said "I don't even recognize the song." Cyriis was mixed really quiet and during the show I thought "Well, he can do the screams, seems like he still has the voice." But if you watch the videos on Youtube it is sooo embarassing. Apparently he was really drunk, he didn't know any of the lyrics, his timing wasn't on point, he was moving slowly and without any motivation or visible joy for what he was doing. Everything about his performance was just shit, except for some of the screams (seriously, he could hit those high notes and that was the only positive thing about his performance).
The fourth song they played was Bleed for the Godz, the moment I was looking most forward to for more or less half a year now. That was also the song during which I left. It was shocking how embarassingly bad it was. The moment I decided to go was when Cyriis looked at his tour manager on the side of the stage and just shook his head like "What is this, I don't wanna be here" (I was just looking at Cyriis for 98% of the show).
In general, the whole anticipation was gone and most people were just pissed off. I was standing a bit to the right and looking over the crowd to the left, there were a few people headbanging and shouting along, but I don't think it was even a hundred people. Everyone else just stood there looking (including me, didn't sing along a single word or bang my head just once...). Especially after the first song, whistles were way louder than cheers.
And yeah, it seems like I just missed the last two songs.

All in all, this was the worst gig I have ever seen (even worse than Vince Neil in 2017, because at least that was funny!!!!).
John Cyriis is a guy in his mid/end 50s, who had the chance to earn quite a sum of money with songs he wrote more than thirty years ago. He had the chance to play in front of 3000 maniacs, of whom 2996 were looking forward to his show - many musicians would kill for that opportunity! And instead he acts like a fucking asshole, who doesn't give a shit about all the people, who put in so much work to make this happen, about his band or about all of his (now former?) fans. And the worst thing is, for the rest of my life, everytime I put on one of those masterpieces from the 80s, I will remember this "show"!!

By now I decided to not be so angry at him, but rather have compassion for him, as he seems to be a deeply disturbed and sick guy, who might not even know what he did two days ago. On the other hand, he broke a lot of hearts that evening, including mine, and I will never forgive him for that!

Daniel Sodomaniac's picture

It seems like the whole tour broke down.
Hamburg and Gothenburg cancelled as well.
I think the short set at KIT was the only gig everything else got pulled off.

invisible-horizons's picture

What a bummer that this had to happen! So many people bought tickets just to see this performance. Unfortunately, that’s the final nail in his coffin concerning any future solo or Agent Steel performances. What a waste of talent.... As far as I’m concerned alien godz can take him back.

On a funny side note, John Cyriis kind of resembled Elton John at the show hahaha!

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments